The Negativity Thread

I just love (in a blatantly negative way) when people barge into a thread and post their word salad about world peace, acceptance, love and cooperation as if they are the singular beacon of light amidst the horrible darkness of spite, cynicism, gatekeeping and intolerance.

Man we are here to vent, if you don’t have a drop of negativity in your bloated heart then go be toxic positive in another thread and mute this one. Some people punch a wall or punching bag, others demolish a room, we yell at clouds.

Oh and what really grinds my gears is people equating forum antics with how we live our lives. Someone being a bitter ghoul on a video game’s realm’s roleplaying forum does not mean they are a fuming ball of hate at their workplace or in their homes. Touch some grass.

Now then, on a different topic:

The clickbait culture. I get it that engagement metrics dictate the livelihood of your company, but I absolutely loathe how articles have an extremely misleading title and even short preview, only to tempt people to click on them. Even worse when the articles are written by faulty AI that repeats the same point 16 times and then mentions how their source was the opinion of a Redditor or some random dangerhair Twitter troglodyte.

8 Likes