The Negativity Thread

For my part, I’m not too bothered as long as they treat people’s time and effort with respect. Contact your DM and see if it’s appropriate for you to join. See if he can still involve you somehow. Maybe you can play the part of tardy reinforcements or something. Maybe.

Idk if you don’t treat RP seriously then what’s the point?

Second Life instant gratification escapism? MCU slop-tier dopamine hits with no build up just instant one liners followed with saccharine conclusion devoid of meaning? Self-insert avatars as substitutions for lack of offline/real world satisfaction?

idk man.

2 Likes

I still wake up in a cold sweat screaming this exact noise.

Not quite but really cringe, gobgals comparing butts and whatnot. Might be thinking of something else but I’m 84% sure I personally walked past it and nope’d.

Very different incident and worse.

Heroic music crescendos in a big cinematic Marvel Moment™ as the very late arrival bumbles onto the scene hungover with their favourite kitty coffee mug slurring “…whadidahmiss?”

3 Likes

I have scoured all of relevant mainland Europe and have yet to encounter this ridiculously obscure brand.

2 Likes

Literally what Jeyce described, yeah. Idk man, it grinds my gears. Is this better or worse than the FAIR EVE FAIR MAIDEN THINE BOSSOM BEATETH HARD I CAN TELL WITH BUT A GLANCE WE NEEDS MUST NEEDS RESTORE OUR HOUSE TO ITS FORMER GLORY

3 Likes

Don’t remind people of the jar.

— Stop it!
— Oh, come on. This isn’t Monty Python.
— No. This is worse.

I miss pre-Sharding, pre-Discord WoW.

There were more people. The world felt a lot more alive. Is it just nostalgia?

1 Like

If it’s all the same to you, I’d rather not have a guild recruitment pitch tossed my way because Sir Coat and Sir Vant couldn’t stop staring down my top.

1 Like

I just love (in a blatantly negative way) when people barge into a thread and post their word salad about world peace, acceptance, love and cooperation as if they are the singular beacon of light amidst the horrible darkness of spite, cynicism, gatekeeping and intolerance.

Man we are here to vent, if you don’t have a drop of negativity in your bloated heart then go be toxic positive in another thread and mute this one. Some people punch a wall or punching bag, others demolish a room, we yell at clouds.

Oh and what really grinds my gears is people equating forum antics with how we live our lives. Someone being a bitter ghoul on a video game’s realm’s roleplaying forum does not mean they are a fuming ball of hate at their workplace or in their homes. Touch some grass.

Now then, on a different topic:

The clickbait culture. I get it that engagement metrics dictate the livelihood of your company, but I absolutely loathe how articles have an extremely misleading title and even short preview, only to tempt people to click on them. Even worse when the articles are written by faulty AI that repeats the same point 16 times and then mentions how their source was the opinion of a Redditor or some random dangerhair Twitter troglodyte.

8 Likes

The arrogance of game developers.

1 Like

Having recently seen the cbt experience that Arrowhead likes to inflict on its playerbase, with the biggest update coming tomorrow being a prime example

Yes

(Nerfs are bad)

1 Like

The arrogance of script writers and directors.

Is exactly why i don’t watch many WoW YouTubers because it’s boring seeing constant hyperbole about how the game is dead or “saved.”

There are decent content creators out there but they’re more focused on lore or storytelling rather than trying to be the first to break the news that WoWhead already put out (and put out with less snark and in a shorter duration)

3 Likes

But don’t you want to see more thumbnails of grifters cringing or grimacing with their heads in their hands alongside pictures of downward-trending graphs or downward-pointing red arrows?

How about thumbnails of grifters who are open-mouthed with delight alongside pictures of upward-trending graphs or upward-pointing green arrows?

Surely your interest is piqued by those.

3 Likes

“GUYS LOOK I’M DOING THE SOYJAK POINTING THING TO DENOTE HOW EXCITED I AM ABOUT THIS… but is it too late to SAVE World of Warcraft?”

1 Like

has a vietnam flashback of doronsmovies making a 10-20 minute video about an upcoming expansion feature without actually covering the feature

3 Likes

he stares at the camera

My favourite thing is when ““roleplayers”” do this in roleplay. I can’t count the amount of times when people were completely unable to seperate my character from my “forum personality”, obviously [Jeyce] has to be bitter, aggressive, rude and cynical as I am because obviously that’s what everyone does in roleplay, play ourselves. And to touch on Hatescale’s point, that’s obviously the kind of person that I am lmao.

It really tells you everything you need to know about the other player when they act this way.

3 Likes

How disrespectful people are online to others

Taxes.

You work and you get taxed.

You go shop and buy products and services that are also taxed. You buy these products with your already taxed income.

You retire (lol who am i kidding nobody born from the 90’s onwards is ever gonna get to retire!), and your pension is also taxed. You know, the pension that is generated from the pension payments you made when you worked, which was taxed already.

Once you kick the bucket, your descendants pay taxes for all the inheritence you generated for them that you have already paid taxes for multiple times.

And the greedy government goblins are once again turning a profit.

Actual 1984.