The Negativity Thread

A WoD launch doesn’t mean “buggy as hell”, it means “literally unplayable because a core feature buckles under the pressure”. There’s no garrison equivalent so it’s not going to be a WoD launch, imo.

3 Likes

Class design has been consistently one of the weakest links of Blizzard. Ever since WoD, really.

Aye the game won’t actually (unless?) be playable, but I am still wondering how is it that we’re less than 3 weeks from launch and multiple specs severe bugs to them, ranging from some talents literally not working to visual and audio bugs.

Even during the beta process the progress felt more like “ok we just made changes to the live version, you guys just test it and report every bug on them, then we work down the list”. It feels like there was no internal testing or polishing done whatsoever.

And this is coming from an expansion that looks to have the least content in it compared to the last 5 expansions. Much like WoD was.

They’ve been doing a lot of late stage changes like damage and threat regarding tanks alongside how healers are to operate in dungeons.

Beta testers have a gnawing feeling that not only it’s so late that you’d be better off saving this for a patch but that Blizz has not a great track records regarding this. TWW has a very phoned in vibe to it.

Happy to eat my words ofc if proven wrong.

Yeah the tank change especially feels really out of place- Like why the hell wouldn’t you push this massive a change at the very start of the beta or even alpha, not 3-4 weeks before expansion release?

Also in a state of the game where there are less healers and tanks than ever before?

Not only do the devs not play but dont even test their own damn game.
Lag of the lich king and lagnaros are the worst with the former not even dropping any kind of loot.

2 Likes

It was too warm today, and bummed me out writing a RP profile.
Now I lost my vibe with it and I am frustrated.

I shall consume pizza in anger.

I’m really worried about TWW, I hear a LOT of people say it’s not ready and there’s honestly no real need to rush it, anyway. Dragonflight launched in November 2 years ago.

A delayed launch that’s good is better than an early one that’s catastrophic, see Cyberpunk ( even though that one got delayed )

This quote is always so mis-attributed and frankly doesn’t work for live service games.

1 Like

I think it works just fine, a game’s launch will usually have the most players and most hype around it, which is why it’s important to have a good launch. Even if the .1 patch is better, if people quit in .0 they won’t come back. Diablo 4 Season 4 for instance was great, but people who played D4 at launch are still calling it a bad game and what not. First impressions matter.

Also based on what I heard and read, the Demon Hunter talents are abysmal.

“X Expansion is not ready” makes for perfect clickbait, and has been said about literally everything WoW to ever WoW.

Barring the onslaught at the gates mere minutes after the launch of DF, my personal experience was smooth as heck. So I am willing to give Blizz the benefit of the doubt.

Negativity to stick with the thread: The Scarlet but totes not Scarlet guild is still around and it makes me angy.

1 Like

Does their name start with a V or an O?

Which one? I miss the days where it was only a single scarlet guild everyone could dogpile. Now there’s dozens of them. Dozens!

the story uptil now for dawntrail has been a big letdown for me but rest of the things are top notch

The O one. Pretty sure the AA page also uses AI art.

1 Like

There’s no finnish in WoW :sob:

Also I know it’s a pain to type out, but I’d really love to normalize the use of the term AI generated images instead of AI art.
Or just AI pics? That’s only one letter longer.

I’m going into semantics now but calling something a robot made art just doesn’t sit right with me.

7 Likes

FFS people that have their pvp on in the searing gorge world event.

That’s a LOT of AI pics.
Not art.

1 Like

You’re exactly right on that. I don’t think we can or should call something as soulless as computer generated images art. “AI art” is easy shorthand but it’s something to practice ourselves out of using.

7 Likes

I don’t like phasing. I feel that it happens on AD even though it shouldn’t.