The Negativity Thread

1 Like

Well, I wanted a week off from work to enjoy myself and Papa Nurgle decided to gift me his boon… F sake, I wanted to spend it at the beach or hiking, now I’m stuck inside all day in this heat and I can’t even turn the AC for fear of worsening my condition or stretching it beyond the seven days where I’ll feel like total :poop: .

Too weak to game, too tired for focus heavy activities, can’t even sleep properly and all I can do is seethe.

I think that stands for “Didonus Cinematic Universe” , basically a mockname paraphrasing of PCU they made for the dude who used to lead Royal Court , out of which our infamous Democracy Dwarf with ambitions of a citizen congress was born.

Don’t know if they and the guilds they hung out with still exist though.

I mean the players are still about but to even consider them relevant, or ever relevant for that matter, is absolutely hilarious. They’ve been trying the same shtick for almost 20 years and no one has ever taken them seriously.

At least the Rotgarde could organise fairly entertaining RP PvP back in its heyday.

Oh and the Handmaid’s Tale but-in-green guild have always had weirdly close connections to the ‘my wife owns silverpine forest’ guy’s guild.

3 Likes

I’m afraid I need the lore here, never heard of this one!

3 Likes

There was an individual who’s wife owned Silverpine Forest!

Lady Essington, Countess of Fenris Keep
Lady of Silverpine.

Do you really not know the siege of Fenris Keep?

2 Likes

Due to the lack of Horde roleplayers in any significant numbers in the Eastern Kingdom, there has always been a tendency by human roleplayers to treat basically anywhere north of the Thandol Span that isn’t an outright Horde settlement as free real estate. This is one of the primary reasons why there’s a “the North” RP scene at all.

There have been lords and ladies who have ruled over Fenris Isle, Caer Darrow, Pyrewood, Ambermill, Stromgarde and other settlements basically since Beta.

1 Like

Evidently!

Maybe one time in passing, but overall I slept through that one.

Atleast thank god Gilneas has been saved from that now.

Some of these places are really good for certain kinds of guilds. A shady group of necromancers could absolutely congregate in Caer Darrow. Bandits/Syndicate-aligned groups inhabiting Stromgarde (pre-fourth war) and Alterac etc.

What isn’t really a good idea is parking an entire army on Fenris Isle and claiming it to be practically an independent nation.
Its literally what the Scarlet Brotherhood did and look what happened there.

Oldest Fenris Keep claimant that I think I can remember was Grand Marshal Amarae of the Stormguard, who married an NPC with a claim to the place? This was so long ago that I’m not sure about the facts or the exact point in time, but I’m pretty sure this was pre-2010.

1 Like

ffs stormdogs

The granddaddies of North RP.

I would like to issue a formal apology to the MoonGuard-US Queen of Lordaeron, it seems we literally had people doing the same thing (albeit on a smaller scale) over on the other side of the pond.

isn’t it funny how the names ‘didonus’ or ‘essington’ keep showing up in the darkest stains of argent dawn’s rp history… :thinking:

they’ve been trying to ‘control’ the stormwind scene after abandoning the assets they’ve put into the northern or dalaran rp scenes, though again unsuccessfully. that group is the one we can thank for fueling the criminal/guard rp arms race or making buzzboxes so widespread and in particular a crazy lady that acts as the right hand for lord essington (funny how those noble roleplayers always have those?) designed the spammy addon that everyone loves.

but nobody tell didonus and co that the house of nobles doesn’t have as much power as they think they do ever since varian wrynn btfo’d them

yeah I always called out the loudest talking heads who kept mocking the americans for the stuff they did since either they were pretty clueless or just hypocritical

let’s stick to bonkposting our own backyard aight chaps

true, i had a relatively good time on the rotgarde-hosted events that I attended.

1 Like

Did dig up ancient memery. It’s even considerate - you can’t tell whose face is front and center.

https://i.imgur.com/mdNV790.jpeg

The dark side is a path to many abilities some consider to be… unnatural.

Thank you, mate, for recognizing the beauty of Guil Wars 2.
This MMO is SO underrated.

2 Likes

Had to share dungeonspam group with a “wobbling”, “obscenely pregnant”, “sow-elf” in Pandaria Remix.

Just turn your TRP off, please.

3 Likes

I saw the Nerubian cinematic on YouTube and Nerubians have been turned from a cool spider icky race into a nasty, unappealing, boring and lame “human, but with spider features”.

Their chelicerae don’t even look like they have any practical use. They’re just boring and bad and Blizzard.

4 Likes

I’ve only seen the cinematic and not paid too much attention to the new models but if they were to copy paste Xal’atath’s face onto the spider people, as in, actually just everyone gets her elven form face when you get “blessed” by her it would be decent, considering there seems to be plenty of models that just keep the old Nerubian style face we already know.

But usually these kind of ideas just don’t get pushed enough because the creative leads get told no by “market research” so my hopes are small. :pensive: