The New CurseForge App is Bad

It takes 10+ seconds to load whenever started. It can fail to scan addons after loaded. It is super slow and sometimes gets stuck in refresh forever.

I have no idea how someone manages to mess up such a simple app so badly, that maybe it is intentional.

4 Likes

Had no problems myself thus far tbh, if anything ive noticed it quicker, and scans all my addons on both retail,beta and classic. Are you using ths Alpha or Beta version?

I use the current version v.0.206.3.1.

I don’t know if it is Apha or Beta.

None of the previous addon manager apps like Twitch, Wowup, etc. lags this badly.
Curseforge is beyond horrible.

3 Likes

I use version 0.206.3.6102 [Alpha] and have no issues whatsoever.

I also use the Alpha but v. 0.207.2.6523

Seems to be working alright here

Standalone app version

Ten seconds is an unacceptable delay? Everyone is different but I don’t find that time period an issue.

I can’t say I really notice, I just fire it up while I’m on the forum, let it scan for updates and do them before I launch the game. It’s not like I’m not sat in a queue for Gehennas for a minimum of an hour atm either :smile:

It was very busy last night with the Wrath launch and addon creators pushing last minute updates.

I use the Alpha app.

2 Likes

It can keep “refreshing” for over 10 mins and get stuck forever, until I restart it.

1 Like

Yeah that is bad. I don’t have that issue. It pulls my updates for Retail and Classic in a reasonable time.

10 minutes would annoy me too!

Idk how this is WoW related…
Just don’t use it I guess?

Because it is a wow addon manager?..

1 Like

People miss the old 50kb internet :smiley: to see what is annoying to dowload a game with 15GB

1 Like

You mean, wait 10m for your PC to recognize the CD.
If it doesn’t take it out, clean it, wait 10 mins again.

1 Like

Gold and old times, I used to have a case with like 100 music cds and few games.
Plus I remenber only pay 20€ for games :smiley: and not 60€, no DLCs, no “Premium version” a good QA because if the game had a bug would be a mess cause companies couldn’t update it after been written on the cd.

2 Likes

My first game I went to purchase myself CS1.6 was 11 euro’s in Free Record Shop in town.
Skins and other feature’s were free to download. My grenade was a banana yelling “GRENADAAAAA” :rofl:
Oh my… I feel my bones already deteriating thinking about it…

1 Like

I’m not that old :smiley:

my first game was Need for Speed: Most Wanted on 2005, we used to dowload cs 1.6 to play on lan with friends on school :smiley:

1 Like

15gb games did not exist back when the internet was that slow.

1gb maybe.

but usually less.

3 Likes

mine was “heretic” for pc… came in the old cardboard pc game boxes… was about £20

1 Like

I remember download WOTLK who was 16GB with like 50kb :smiley:

2 Likes

maybe you just had slow internet for the time…

but 56k when i used to have that, it was around the counter-strike1.3 period…

which was late 90’s…

wow was not even out then…

and cs1.3 wasent much more than 700mb