The new mana nerfs are a good step but

More needs to be done.

I think the nerf was a bit too high.

Right now healers run to drink wich is not very interactive, while mana should be a thing you shouldnt spend 90% of the time trying to drink.

So heres what i think we need:
-Buff mana by around 10%
-nerf healing by around 5/10%
-Buff sustained damage by around 5/10 %
-Nerf cooldowns by around 5/10 % (both offensive and defensive)

• Remove dampening.

Right now the games feel more like wotlk wich is fine BUT mana shouldnt be this BAD.

Druids going out of mana cause clones its pretty retarded for example.

5 Likes

You don’t need to drink 90% of the time. You just need to drink more than the enemy healer.

If he goes OOM first you kinda win.

1 Like

these changes are awful all around. I haven’t met a single healer who likes them, our role is no longer fun, why bother playing it? who really cares about stats and numbers and the 1% elite arena rating goers, when it simply isn’t FUN. this is a game after all.

8 Likes

It’s heaven for all Rdruids now they will win a lot of games easy mode, shadowmeld prowl drink while the enemy healerhas a pet on him constantly and ooms.

Everyone reroll Rdruid!

2 Likes

I agree totally with Rystor. The changes to mana are the worst I have seen in 12 years of playing the game. Healers keep being nerfed over and over, but now it’s just gone way too far. Healing is awful now. =(

5 Likes

Why don’t you try queuing as double DPS then.

I am not opposed to the concept, of mana “being a thing,” but it should apply to casters to, and other dps resources.

Games should also be able to end because a mage doesn’t have mana for ice block, sheep, etc , or because a warlock had to lifetap for more mana, but drained too much of his health.

I know it is not that simple, because by now many classes have “alternate power” which is basically infinite.

But, someone has to sit down in the developers scrum meeting, and say ,“sometimes life is hard! Figure it out”

:smile:

7 Likes

It’s literally how it used to be. To my surprise when I started playing I realised Mages don’t actually have mana. Back in the day you could beat one by outlasting him and interrupting Evocation. Now you just get kited/nuked 24/7.

4 Likes

Kelduril you hit the nail on the head. I am starting to play dps now. My point is no one is going to want to heal anymore as it is just not fun like it used to be. However, not having healers in the game is not healthy for the game. Class differentiation is what makes the game interesting.

4 Likes

worst ideas ive ever read on forum, delete thread

5 Likes

Because it doesn’t matter?

Do you hear that? That’s the sound of hundreds of DPS sitting in LFG for
hours looking for a healer because they all unsubbed or rerolled

enjoy the game ladies and gentelmen :wink:

3 Likes

oh god please no

3 Likes

Thats exactly whats going to happen. And then they run to the forums and cry for soloq because they cant find mates and think THATS going to fix it :smiley:

1 Like

For us DDs reaching 60% Dampening was not fun. I can understand your point. I played healer long enough.

Still i wholeheartedly agree with the OP and what he said about the pacing. Its soo much better now.

Even on 2k and above, so not the 1% elite, it was awfully. Especially against double Caster where 1 or even both were hybrids.

You had not enough CC left to cross CC all 3 of them long enough to land a kill.

God forbid that NE is an actual use full racial.

Must come as a shock to Humans, Orcs, BE !

1 Like

You too have 0 thoughts about how awfully it was for every one else.

I would have preferred if they nerfed the emount of Burst healing across the board. The ping pong of the HP-Bar felt so bad.

While also buffing Sustain damage. That would have more or less the same effect that games would be shortened.

So my Question to you :

1. Was it Fun for you before to play 10 mins every game ?
    I prefer 2-3 Min games.
  2. What would you have changed to reduce the average Time at higher ratings ?

I thought exactly the same things and was also surprised.

2 Likes

What? Stop panicking, shadowmeld is great I don’t want it removed, what is your problem? It’s the prowl drinking that’s the issue, if it was just shadowmeld to get out of combat to drink you could still interrupt since they would be visible while drinking.

Calm down nobody is attacking you or your precious personality.

I didn’t felt attacked. Was more or less hyperboling. Especially currently against Firemages with GPyro or Destru with CB or in general melting a CC can win you the game.