The new storyline was excellent! | SPOILERS

Believe me, I have never been happier while playing the game. The new quests have been so great. I did them on Horde first, then I relogged and did them on Alliance.

To those who don’t know, here are the spoilers. Horde receives information that the Alliance begins their assault from Nazmir. You’re to mobilize the army, retake Zul’Jan ruins, return the zone to Horde control and kill the Alliance commander… only to find out that in the end, you’ve been tricked. The full army of the Alliance is sieging Dazar’Alor, while you’re distracted and there’s no time to return back. Meanwhile you wonder how this happened and why the Alliance dared to risk part of their own army, knowing that they’ll die.

If you play Alliance, you learn that you need to lead a very small army to Nazmir with the sole purpose to trick the Horde. Telaamon, a lightforged draenei, is a commander who’s willing to go there. He knows that he’ll certainly die, yet he is sacrificing his life, as well as the life of his soldiers, so the Horde stays distracted while the Alliance sacks the capital.

Well, well done. Kudoz, Blizzard. Excellent story!

2 Likes

Telaamon talk with Halford gave me feels. That’s the kinda writing I like, also seeing the suicide force go motivated me even more for the raid.

4 Likes

I don’t agree with you.
Consider me a pessimist but the latest storyline is predictable.

And I really don’t like the predictions being made, it’s either sylvannas fight or voidlords, making it become Legion 2 where everyone bands together AGAIN.

All of the major big bads are dead (Lich King, Gul’Dan & Illidan) and all blizzard is trying to do is advance another big bad, which is possibly Sylvannas or even Gallywix, given that he started all of it.

I don’t enjoy the current state of affairs of the Horde and a tad bit of the Alliance, as they are being paraded as Real Gamers Who Did Nothing Wrong (looking at you, Jaina with that platemail plot armor)

Maybe I’m being picky as Blizzard could totally be creating a new big bad that a story could envelop around, which, by the way, couldn’t have been done more sloppily.

Take my opinion with two miligrams of salt because I kinda just want orcs to become a spotlight again rather than “That One Horde Race That Used To Be The Cornerstone Of Said Horde” please epic games

6 Likes

I doubt he his talking about future but about the last war campaign chapter

How did they even found that people? Did they just cross over the town and asked guards: “Hey, do you wanna goin a suicidal mission with only a one way ticket?”.

They recruited people who debated with Zarao.

7 Likes

I know that they are just common NPCs, but they sacrificed their lifes for our mission so we shouldn’t dissapoint them!

2 Likes

Sometimes… there is only one way out when you have been broken in such a manner.

Presses a sword in Araphant’s hand

Go with honour, Brother.

5 Likes

*ekhem

Here is one teeeny weeeeny problem, and quite a big plot hole if you’d ask me.

Where the hell was Pa’ku? She was able to warn Rastakhan about incoming Sethrak invasion, but couldn’t send a warning that alliance prepares to strike from opposite direction.

If she would just send a warning entire plot would go to hell.

4 Likes

She was looking the other way.

c: C: C8 C8<

2 Likes

You call yourself a tauren? At least use Tauren emotes you amateur!

]:8
];8

Overall bfa story is even worse than WoD. 1/10, one sided and with an alliance biased pov since the pre patch. The last war campaign was kinda ok I guess. Even our undead salt and jokes squad from Nazmir appears when we fight the suicide squad. Felt sad on my human Paladin sending Telaamor away on his mission, but cheered when I got the kill on Erevien. Lightforged backstabber had it coming. Turalyon and Fareeya will follow soon.

1 Like

There were some definite highlights in this particular story chapter. Telaamon’s sacrifice was gripping, even despite the fact that we’ve only really known him for about five minutes. I also think that the way the ruse was set up, seen from both sides, was much more effective than what we saw in pre-patch with the lead-up to the burning of Teldrassil. Here, the story is being told entirely in-game.

But there were some low points as well, especially on Horde side. The noted absense of Pa’ku was bad enough, but then there’s also the fact that Talanji destroys the Abyssal Scepter. At first I was like “oh, I get it, they have to destroy it because that’s the only way to lift the fog” and then someone reminded me that the Horde player uses the damn thing at the end of the Horde war campaign, and I was like “well then why didn’t the Horde player use it to lift the fog instead of destroying it”, and then I felt a sinking feeling in my gut as I realized that no-one in the story department at Blizzard had deigned to ask these very simple questions.

There’s a very palpable display of sheer incompetence when it comes to storytelling on the Horde side. Developments that began in the war campaign are being cut short left and right. I don’t see any sort of cohesion to the Horde’s story. It just seems to be a constant string of “oh, I guess that didn’t work out like we thought it would”.

The worst part of it is that we’re slowly moving towards the part of the expansion where the big new threat comes crashing upon us. Knowing that Sylvanas ends up with the Old God dagger is just giving me the worst vibes right now.

6 Likes

Not only the Horde…

Here we go again. Shush. You are being catered as a faction. End of story.

1 Like

The army we sent to Nazmir as a diversion most likely survived for two reasons:

1. Our experienced and well-trained troops knew that it was just a diversion so they probably weren’t fighting to the death.
  2. We had an army of Ren’dorei who can teleport out of there fairly quickly and safely.

The greenskins obviously took the bait very easily due to the lack of a functioning brain.

1 Like

No, it was a one way ticket. They would die in this mission and they knew it. Maybe some rogues or night/void elves could survive that attack, but I don’t think so.

The fact that they knew they would die doesn’t mean that they couldn’t somehow escape. There is no logical connection between the two. Especially when you have 20+ NPCs of a race that can easily tear rifts into reality and teleport.

Yeah, that’s right. They had to die for the plot.

They didn’t have to die for the plot. Their death doesn’t change anything as they would have achieved their purpose even if they survived at the last minute. Just like the Draenei who remained on Argus during the evacuation and were presumably killed by Talgath and Kil’jaeden. It turns out that they survived, and despite that, they still managed to achieve their purpose, that is to cover Velen’s desperate exodus.