The next Villains in wow - who would you like to see?

Lets pretend Shadowlands is almost over and the next expansion is around the corner. Who do you want to see as the next wow expansion villain/villains?

I would like to see some of the adventurers of Azeroth that took part in the fights through the warcraft lifetime get bad and create content around them. Raids, Dungeons, World Invading Events and Class Hall Quests.

The rogue representative gather the Bloodsail Buccaneers Ravenholdt, Syndicate and the Deadmines under one banner to bring havoc and plunder to the cities of Azeroth and profit from it, a pure outlaw threat

The warlock, demon hunter and priest representative gather the scattered members of Shadow Council, Black Rock and Twilight’s Hammer, to summon portals to other planes of existence in their pursue to gain more power and conquer worlds OwO Stop invasions coming from our world to other worlds you say?

The paladin alongside the zealots of Scarlet Enclave, Yriel and her WOD armies and other light fanatics trying to force their believes and ways to the world - throwing this here because I heard it many times but I think its kinda lame

The DK representative reforms the Cult of the Damned and takes advantage of the recent events on Azeroth and Shadowlands - the dead never rest in wow I guess

I could add more but this is more than enough.

1 Like

if they plan to make light bad and Yrel the leader of bad guys
i want to join their faction permanently

4 Likes

villains on the same power level as the heroes of azeroth, while being also in a similar boat of just being people from azeroth.

1 Like

Xal’atath, please

2 Likes

Gallywix. Or female Mag´har Thrall. (forgot her name) Or Talanji. Or Grom, should he have survived Yrel. Just let me kill the Horde again.

2 Likes

Its gonna be Yrel and Exarch (Garrosh) Hellscream. And Daddy N’Zoth will reveal himself to have survived and that we have passed his test and he now deems us worthy to play punching ball with both the Light and the Void.

Azshara, provided she’s written with a shred of effort. The snorefest that is the Jailor is the perfect example of how not to do it.

1 Like

She will most likely never fight us again. She was pretty much played like a fiddle by N’Zoth (who told her she would die) but assumed in her arrogance we are nothing to her. She was then so soundly beaten to a bloody pulp that in Ny’alotha she was more than just afraid of us and declared us a force that is unstoppable.

Unless she begins to serve an entity that empowers her beyond her imagination (aka a slave. Something she would never do) she will not fight us.

I don’t really care who the antagonist is because WoW villains are all the same

The writers want to show us how powerful their villains are, yet every time we encounter them, we just don our legendary plot armour and they teleport away with some generic moustache-twirling remark. It’s hard to understand, sympathize or fear any of these antagonists because blizzard writers don’t have the balls to move the story forward in a meaningful way. They will “outsmart” us 20 times, get beaten up in a raid once and boom. We win again. Onto the next guy who was apparently behind the scenes the whole time we were dealing with the other guy.

Villains in WoW are really just lame and predictable at this point. To me it’s not about “who” the villain is, but how they will be written. AU Gul’dan in Legion was pretty cool because every time we encountered him, something exciting happened. The writers made an effort to make us hate him and they did a pretty decent job. I quite liked Lady Ashvane in BFA too, although she was a little rushed in my opinion. But N’zoth? The Jailer? Sylvanas? Azshara? Lame sunday morning cartoon villains. They can do a lot better.

If I had to answer the question though, I would say Darkmaster Gandling could make a cool minor villain if the scourge really are still a large threat on Azeroth. Scholomance is still active so that could make a cool throwback dungeon or raid with him as a boss. As for a singular main antagonist I’m not sure what I’d want to see. Hard to tell where the story is going.

1 Like

Wrathion: We fulfilled our end of the bargain, Azshara. Now honor yours.

Queen Azshara: Mind your tone, whelping. A queen keeps her promises. Listen closely, as I will only say this once.

Queen Azshara: For all his bluster, N’Zoth was ever the weakest of his kin. One vestige of their power yet remains that can be turned against him.

Queen Azshara: I would have driven this blade into his foul heart myself… had you not disrupted my plans.

Queen Azshara: No matter. Xal’atath is yours, mortals. Strike true. Should your first blow fail, you will not survive to attempt another.

Queen Azshara: Now go and do what you will. I tire of intermediaries and heralds. The true throne of power beckons, and I intend to claim it.

I think that’s the last time we see her? If so, I don’t really see anything that makes me think she won’t become a threat to be dealt with in the future.

But then realizes that she in fact will never serve and shoot an arrow at that very entity…

Classic D’anuser writing can ruin more female characters!
Everything is on the table if someone willing to buy a few novels which may be explain these wierd 180 turns all female characters in wow do.

Like jaina who befriends horde, almost drawns ogrimmar, befriends again, purges dalaran, dazaralor and befriend again.
Or tyrande which befriends horde, hunts horde but that goes full renewal.
And now Sylvanas.

So azhara can go crazy too! Or may be he will make yrel into that.

So many possibilities for monsieur D’anuser to make cash

I vote Punyelf as the next wow villain.

Then it REALLY would be her fault.

4 Likes

And prior to that while she was tortured she told her torturer how she too would fall at our hands. Azshara barked at Wrathion (one i would deem less powerful than Azshara and given her natural arrogance this tone is quite okay. She wouldnt have addressed us in the same manner unless she wants to die a second time. And this time without an Old God resurrecting her).

Also just because she wants to claim the true throne of power doesnt necessarily mean that she will fight us because who knows what that throne is. However if its an entity that empowers her beyond her imagination then she may idd try it again. Or shes so delusional and tries to sap Azeroth’s power (in which case she would get obliterated).

But without any sort of giga empowerment she will avoid fighting us as she cant win and she knows that. Shes one of the few NPCs in the lore that are more than just wary of us and try to avoid us like the plague.

I always do

Let me in your faction, daddy Tyralion

N’Zoth, Nozdormu, Chromatus, Azshara to name four.

we killed basically everything. well, except for the void lords, which are unkillable.

the scourge ? defeated. the legion ? defeated. the old gods ? defeated. the huge evil dragon appeared in warcraft 2 ? defeated. the afterlife (and sylvanas) ? defeated.

anything that is not the void lords, is pretty much a story they created on the spot to milk the game even longer.

10.3 should be void lords and the ending of world of warcraft.
they had a good run, but its time for something new.

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

I mean, it’s pretty obvious what it is. An open door for the writers to expand upon if (read: when) they’re due to pull another foe out of the bag. That being said, the image of a huge snake queen trying to sit on the Frozen Throne is mildly amusing.

She’ll probably get some power-up macguffin to make her a personal threat once more, or perhaps she’ll simply gain command of something or someone so powerful that it poses a threat again. I can’t help but think that when we in our infinite wisdom left the Pillars of Creation unguarded, the naga might have taken more than “just” the Tidestone of Golganneth. If Azshara has the rest of the collection stowed away, that might do it.

old gods dont die. they are simply defeated.

*knew, not knowed.

Yrel. I want a holy crusade to fight against.

1 Like