The next Villains in wow - who would you like to see?

To me, the obvious next villains are either the old gods or the titans, with me leaning more towards the titans. 10.0 has to be big. It cannot be some buccaneers. It has to be big. Personally, I am almost certain 10.0 will be an apocalypse with Azeroth awakening. As there are a lot of nordic references in WoW’s lore, I believe Azeroth or Sargeras will play the role of Surtr - the god who comes and kills all the other gods during Ragnarok. Eonar is probably the greatest evil of the living world. Either Azeroth or Sargeras, but probably Azeroth, will take the Sword and yeet wage war against the titans. We will find out why Azeroth was imprisoned, we will find out that we either have to be on her side or the side of the titans. And the choice is obvious.

There’s speculation Azeroth might awake when Zovaal gets near her (which is probably going to happen in 9.2, the leaks look… peculiar, NORTHREEND HERE WE COME).

Azeroth is definitely waking up - either in 9.2, 9.3 or the 10.0 prepatch. Where she targets her might is a different story.

You’re already on the Alliance.

1 Like

Are you playing dumb or being dumb?

Still jailer probably since someone whispered me that next expansion’s setting is timetravel with cromie

1 Like

Personally I wouldn’t be a fan, I think out of all the monsters in WoW mechanical are the worst.

I’d rather it stayed away from too much technology.

1 Like

I want to make the story completely new and be grounded. Have new villains in a new world that we get to understand first. Make a plot twist with main antagonist starting out as a weak ally that we support and can not expect to turn on us, and we actually help him/her to become powerful.
Make villain motives reasonable and relatable, make the story with moral not “Good vs evil” but “Either us or him”. Main villain is just a human/elf/eredar after all that is not perfect but has his own reasons, like some Van Cleef but on different scale. Not some ultimate eternal cosmic being beyond our understanding (and the writers’).

1 Like

Corporate management, to be held accountable, purged and replaced so that the people who have been working on the game under constant crunch, threats and looming abuses can finally start to heal.

2 Likes

Bobby Kotick in his raid instance Activision Headquarters.

He’s been trying to destroy Azeroth and everything surrounding it for years now and it’s about time we took him down.

3 Likes

“The neverending Battleground queue”

2 Likes

No joke, this is really good. This could be even more popular than wotlk. :rofl: Though, we have something similar with the goblin faction, Gallywix.

2 Likes

The full post: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/lets-have-a-faction-merge-in-100

3 Likes

I dig the idea of a 3rd faction, though merging horde and alliance is way too far fetched.

Ignoring the history the two factions share is just…silly.

But having a third faction…well, well…I dig it but I think it will split the community and the people that are sick of playing on the less popular faction and not be able to play with their friends be even more frustrated.
But these are just my thoughts and I wont be surprised if there are games that did this and managed to succeed.

1 Like

My suggestion does not mention it, but with a new two–faction system where the language barrier is no more also natively support cross-faction PvE, both instanced and open world. The only ones who doesn’t get the cross-faction benefits are those with a PvP-mode enabled.

2 Likes

But how does it work when you never entered it in the first place?

If they can’t manage two factions there is no chance of them ever doing three. That’s the kind of decision you make at the very beginning of your game’s development.

The next villain I wish to see is Yrel. Not a vengeful God. Not an impossible to relate to Eternal. Just a powerful, mortal woman with motivations I can understand and oppose, who can act on a mortal level, who isn’t out to break the laws of reality but to impose a way of life we don’t want but which she believes is best for everyone.

3 Likes

and that we’re all gays, at least according to the lastest reveals from J.K. Rowling.

The maw starts to collapse, you can hear a familar laughter, cold sweat runs down your back, it cant be, from below the maw rises the true lord of the damned!

HOGGER THE BANE OF ELWYNN FOREST!

1 Like

a prot pala with main mechanic kill the frog before him

3 Likes

bobby kotic

Blizzard has a hard time managing extremely powerful characters and they usually do a bad job at ending an expansion.

One reason I came with the idea of the adventurers of azeroth being the bad guys in the next expansion because they are relatable. They fought alongside us in all of the battles from azeroth and I think there are no mortals more capable of issuing a serious threat.

The warriors of azeroth that fought in the dead of northrend, the elementals and dragons throughout the world, the spawns of the old gods, the burning legion and its masters and so on…

We accomplished so much more than any lore established character. Our actions make the likes of Thrall or Jain look like toddlers.

1 Like