The phasing system in WPVP is a complete insulting disgrace

There is not much to say about this the system is completely and laughably bad. It functions like something that would come out of rushed undergrad CS course project full of poorly thought out mechanics. And still, somehow, the system is encouraged through various rewards… How does this happen in a literal billion dollar generating game?

Edit: Removed last part because it was just too mean

12 Likes

Or you could just turn off WM if you don’t like it.

Ye see… you have a choice.

1. Turn on WM if you like that sort of thing.
  2. Turn it off if you don’t like that sort of thing.
1 Like

What is wrong with your life that all you do in this forums is tell people no to play something because they criticize the way something works? Jesus christ what a weird existence.

The system is not working as intended, good for you if you like being run over by 50 people, most people don’t , the game is not just for you to enjoy.

Go cover your ears and scream lala in the corner if you can’t handle people having thoughts that are different than yours.

8 Likes

Just a suggestion :slight_smile:

I’ve never 1v50’d anyone in BfA. Sounds made up or exaggerated.

I have no problem with thoughts different from mine. Do you?

Then address what people actually write instead of just “lol don’t play bro”. You’re not contributing to anything

4 Likes

Ok, so you don’t like phasing, which enables displaying certain parts of a zone differently depending on what stage of some quests the player is at. And if you are at a different stage of that quest from opponent, neither of you will see each other in that part of the zone. They may disappear if they enter that area.

Do you just want phasing removed? I think it’s kinda fun for the world to not be static in some places, for it to change depending on the quest. Kind of a non issue in WPvP, if the opponent disappears so what? They could just as easily enter an instance or whatever to disappear instead… If they want to run, let em, they lost either way. You can just stay away from those phase areas, they are not that many.

Phasing shouldn’t be a thing, its a problem and impacts core game functions which functioned moderately well without it, the original concept of w-pvp died with LFG for warmode and cross realm phasing working regardless of realm / zones you’re in.

The more people who express their concern for w-pvp turning into a trashy AV clone fest the better.

The fact I cannot gank friends on my own btag on the opposite faction on the same realm in current content zones says it all in itself, good job 10/10 :clap:. Instead im sharded with people i couldnt give a donkeys uncle and have never seen before in my entire existence and 90% of the time arent even on a RP server.

1 Like

I just go to non BfA zones for that type of WPvP, works great. You can see anyone you want in non BfA zones.

I think terminology is a bit wrong here tho. Don’t really matter, but here’s what phasing is: https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Phasing

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/ag1s01/the_differences_between_phasing_crossrealm_zones/

I want phasing to do be done properly so that one group of people doesn’t get to create a raid and make the entire phase then 40 of that faction vs 5 of the other

2 Likes

Well put, they’re saving on costs by employing the first thing they find in a trash can, give us the product and expect to be happy about it? No, it sucks, everything in the game apart from art design sucks and it needs to be changes and Blizzard needs to know this.

3 Likes

How often does that happen?

I couldn’t agree more for years my guild Honor Capped found the whole phasing system a joke! This whole system of phasing to other server defeats the object of being apart of a servers community.

I can’t honesty I will never lead my guild on retail in a 40 man raid again . 10 years of putting up with blizzards mistakes with each expansion getting worse every time. I was honestly blinded by how much the game has changed and it took vanilla classic to realise how much the real Warcraft game has been lost.

I miss my char but when I log on retail all I see is names from other servers and no one talking or even a community retail is dead…

4 Likes

Depending on the zones, very often. I can only speak to my server

Besides the point is that you can just call people to your server/phase to swarm the opposing faction and the system seemingly does nothing to correct for it.
THIS is my main problem . I’ve already read people on the forums that game the system because of it working like this. I have no problem with phasing as a concept but being able to do this is just lame

1 Like

I guess you mean “sharding” rather than phasing. Don’t really matter, but good to know if we are talking about the same thing. Phasing is something else, but can also get complaints.

If there’s no counter, then it’s a problem. But since there is a counter, I don’t see the issue.

In the Naz battle for example, enemy raid starts taking towers. Do you allow them to do that? Or do you counter? It’s for sure counterable.

This is asinine. Gaming server switching isn’t a gameplay mechanic. It also completely ignores the fact that people won’t be interested in “countering”, they’ll just do the same to the opposing faction in another instance of the zone.

1 Like

Forming an x-realm group is part of the game and has been for a long time.

That’s up to them, and therefore a player issue rather than a game issue.

Yup, the ones that care to win get rewarded. The ones that don’t care get steamrolled, as it should be.

Though, I would like a ui change or addon that enables banning players from joining a group, then leaving, then rejoining - that could reduce some of the shard hopping.

You’re the densest person i’ve encountered all year.

Spoken like someone who doesn’t know anything designing things for users. “the users aren’t using things as intended and the current design is hurting their experience” “brilliant just leave it be, stupid users”. Utter cluelessness

Sharding manipulation is not a game mechanic, it was never intended as one, it’s only left as is because of incompetence and laziness

By your definition if the devs added a 1000$ “you win button” in game it’d be ok because the “people who care” would spend that disgusting amount of money and would win and “deserve it”. Just complete nonsense

According to your great theory of game design games should be ever stagnant never changing abominations and the players should just live with it . This is so absurd to say on a game forum of all places

2 Likes

LfG was designed deliberately to allow players to join a group, leave it, join another. Preventing them doing that would be bad design. Preventing them moving to their group’s shard would also be bad design. The LfG + shard move design is intentional, here’s one example why:

A player joins a wm group to kill a rare, leaves, then joins another wm group to do Call to Arms in same zone.

• With current design, they move to their new group’s shard - 100% logical.
  • With your ‘design’, they either cannot join a group, or can join a group but cannot see the other group members or enemies - 100% illogical.

In WM, players changing shard can sometimes create a challenge for other players. Those players have the tools to counter.

If they chose not to counter because they are not interested… what does that have to do with game design? That is the player choosing not to engage with the game mode. Fair enough, but nothing to complain about.

Good thing I didn’t say that then hehe :slight_smile:

Omg…nothing changed…even after so much time. You are beyond salvation.

4 Likes

Ey welcome back!