The problem with dragonflight

it look good and i want to play it,but my brother don’t love dragons,i see the problem that the community don’t love expension about specific thing,pandria was great expension but half of the community didn’t love the idea,that why things need to be as they were in wow classic ,game that not focus specific race ,its hard to explain it

I am starting to suspect someone at Blizzard has switched the signs “General Discussion” and “Argent Dawn” around.

24 Likes

Does your brother know he’s wrong?

5 Likes

When going onto the forums main page and try creating a thread there, Argent Dawn is the first choice of category that shows up for some reason. I think that leads a lot of newcomers here.

1 Like

To be fair though, dragons are generally a pretty trite fantasy trope and Warcraft’s dragons especially aren’t done that well. They used to be more interesting, but Cata just dumped them down a toilet.

5 Likes

Too many times where they’re just our helpful buddypals, and the constant human/elf/whatever forms don’t help to keep them feeling alien.

1 Like

This has unfortunately spread over dragon RP like a disease. All people who RP dragons will, for the most part, remain in their humanoid form for the entirety of the time, and will act like a powerful human/elf who can turn into a dragon (rather than the other way around) to threaten others.

Sadly, I agree. Cata was unable to give us a heavy fantasy dragon vibe that tied well with the previous depiction of dragons :pensive:

Urgh, Gen Forum is leaking again.

13 Likes

is that what occupies your mind 24/7?

13 Likes

You alright pal?

10 Likes

That took a turn.

2 Likes

All but one expansion was about specific things though?

Don’t worry, Dragonflight has plenty of

in store just to spite you! :woozy_face:

1 Like

what?are they gonna add a transbody thee/that/thom/thim/thum class?

coz i still see a male and female dragons to be played.

body type 1 and 2 actually :slight_smile:

yes male and female,can easy tell by the voice who is what

also bone density.

There’s plenty of characters who are LGBTQ+, and you can change your character’s voice and preferred pronouns independent from your body type! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Lots of love!

1 Like

Really? If so that’s pretty cool, ngl.

For all the woes I have with Blizzard and/or the game, and despite of how performative these changes may seem, I still am happy that such inclusivity updates are found aplenty in the expansion.

It’s a strong motivation for me to resub, at least!

1 Like

I’m changing one of my characters who has a female model to male pronouns and male voice.

Cannot wait.