The Real-Money Diablo 3 Auction House

The Real-Money Diablo 3 Auction House was removed because Blizzard felt that it made the game feel less like a game. They wanted you to have to play for your gear and items.

Can a blue please explain why I am standing on one of the most populated servers in EU right now and I am looking if anyone is advertising for a guild on the trade chat. I am checking every single message on the trade chat and every single message in the last 10 minutes is about selling N’Zoth boosts, Mythic +15 runs and more?
Is Blizzard too incompetent to resolve this problem? They clearly do not agree with this based on the closure of the RMAH in D3.

6 Likes

Are they selling for real money ? Yes ? Report them and they get banned

Are they selling for gold ? Yes ? It’s allowed and being done since classic

11 Likes

They sell it for money which they do not state in their message. They ask you to add them on Discord and that’s where they tell you how much to transfer. Please don’t post if you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Blizzard needs to perma ban these by default. They can just download the addon badboy and make it so their system perma bans anyone who gets flagged by the addon. They don’t even need to write their own code. I know they are lazy after all.

Does the Real-Money Auction House in Diablo 3 was appreciated ?
What kind of item can be inside the RMAH ? Like Invincible or average componnent ?
And was it easy to sell stuff ?
Does it was much important that in comparaison of boosting a Heroic N’zoth and thing ?

Sorry i’m not a Diablo 3 player so i need more details to compare between this two games.

1 Like
  1. yes
  2. invincible
  3. yes, anyone could sell stuff. many people quit their jobs and made a living from it
  4. yes it was very important

With gold. Ingame gold. Gold you earn by playing.

Yes, it CAN also be gained in a different way, but… why? I personally wouldn’t use that way of gaining gold because it wouldn’t give me any satisfaction. Shortcuts are one thing, but buying a shortcut? Neh.

So… your comparison isn’t a fair comparison. You can very definitely just buy those boosts (something I wouldn’t do anyway, but okay…) with gold you earned by playing the game.

Then yes, sellers like these should be banned. For sure.

Selling and buying boosts with real money isn’t allowed, but boosting in general is, as is advertising said boosting.

Whether Blizzard does or doesn’t do a good job of banning real money boosting is another matter entirely, which you can’t really equate to once-existing RMAH in D3.

Banning people based on interactions happening outside Blizzard’s own platforms can be tricky if you want to avoid collateral damage or otherwise negative repercussions.

7 Likes

Still not forbidden to post such ads ingame. Aslong as they don’t mention it.

The other part is breaking the rules in their end and blizzard can’t stop it, never could

How you proof that you don’t just Bann people who do it for gold ?

Blizzard can’t and neither can you

1 Like

Proof for that ?

1 Like

“Blizzard right now has no problem if you use your real money to buy boosts, AS LONG AS THEY GET A CUT” - the biggest cut. Truest statment here , game is p2w in more ways then one at any decent level. only shills will disagree.

3 Likes

Where is it p2w?

It’s against the TOS to buy real money boosts. Where does blizzard allow it ?

Worst Argumentation method. Not providing any proof , but claiming anyone who doesn’t agree is XXXX.

That’s a bit childish

4 Likes

are we going to pretend it people are not buying boosts / buying auction house boe / buying proffesion matts to compete ?

do you think the whole boosting market,as big as it is, is supplied by people spamming world quests,solo farming mats,buying low selling high and selling rng boe on the auction house?

this whole system is funded on tokens.

1 Like

oh wait you need to do mythic raiding to get good rng boe nevermind.

I believe the OP is talking about the principle behind it, the underlying reason being that you should be rising to the challenges and thus “playing the game” rather than getting someone else to do it for you for gold which ironically now translates to real money via the wow token.

2 Likes

Compete with who and what?

You say mythic raider buy tokens to compete ? Any example of such happening ?

I can only think of method which didn’t buy token but used gold to buy items. But cleared the raid before the last shipment arrived .

How big is the boosting market even?

You keep saying stuff but you never back anything up with numbers

Why do you think so ? WHAT IS YOUR SOURCE

1 Like

Then maybe the game isn’t for him ? Even the whole genre ?

It’s been like this in every mmo and even in classic up to today.

Hell its part of RPGs at all. Ever played DnD?

1 Like

You are still ignoring the fact that every single gold you make in game now translates to a specific monetary value, this is what the problem is atm pair with cross-server spamming.

The point being that people are technically earning real money by way of not actually needing to spend said money to buy games on the blizzard store or maintain their WoW sub.

3 Likes

And the problem of that would be ?

ban sales of boosts or ban sales of wow token.either highly unlikely

The problem is that when money is involved things change drastically and it stops being about the fun of the game but rather the aquisition of that real money, this is generally achieved by any means neccesary and any moral implications immediately go out of the window.

This is why systems such as the WoW token are never good for any game as they only invite toxic gameplay, zero tolerance and general anti-game behaviour.

In effect, the game stops being a game because of it, and i guarantee you, that the majority of people who left the game since WoD actually left in no small part due to the WoW token alone and its various effects on the game.

2 Likes