The Real-Money Diablo 3 Auction House

Boosting isn’t a shortcut unless you bought your Gold with WoW Tokens. The boostee has to grind the gold out on his own. The only difference between gearing up and doing Nyalotha HC by yourself and farming gold is how you invest your time into your toon. If you enjoy goldfarming, but don’t enjoy raiding, buying boosts is an amazing option. If you enjoy raiding, but don’t enjoy goldfarming, well then, how about you stop being bothered by stuff that is completely irrelevant to you.

I don’t see the reason what stopped people who really used boosting for gold and changing the gold to real money, before tokens existed ?

If people sell one boost to buy a sub, is it the end of the world for you ?

If people sell boosts for a living , they will do it with token or without

Hmm,maybe fact that gametime is 13e and token is 20e,so yeah 7e cut .

3 Likes

You are being a bit shortsighted here, because this inherently effects you regardless of wether any of those involved interact directly with you or not, by partaking in boosting there is an inherent shift in the economy and this therefore affects everyone wether they like it or not.

To put it quite bluntly, yes, it is the end of the world if people continue to sell boosts in this manner, the end of the world of warcraft that is, the economical issues of transferring large amounts of gold off servers is, in effect, going to destroy things in the end.

3 Likes

Token came out in Wod, now it’s two expansions later. Economic is fine

Even if its true, its hard to prove that they intend to do this. They can only judge by the logs and action what made inside the game.

Only because they give you a link, not enough proof just to ban someone.

Do you know how the wow token works? Seems this confirms my original assessment about you.

Still against the tos . And no statistics.

= no argument

3 Likes

The thing about boosting is that you need very well geared and coordinated people to boost others. In a way, it’s more of a catch-up mechanic than an inherent advantage gain over others in an unfair way.

4 Likes

Be careful logic like this may confuse them

5 Likes

Amusing to see people who can’t handle basic math talk about logic.

Anyway this always happens, nobody sees themselves as the “bad guys” regardless of how detrimental or undesirable their actions are, so in come semantics and mental gymnastics. You see, people aren’t boosting for money, it’s just a community driven catch-up mechanic, sounds innocent when you rationalize it.

1 Like

Didn’t you buy a shortcut to get that explorers outfit? :wink:

Ehmmmm… I’d say: No?
Because it’s the only way to get it (sadly). :blush:

You mean gold that you BUY by real money (tokens!)

2 Likes

Did I say that? No, I didn’t. So no, I didn’t ‘mean that’. I meant what I said. :relaxed:

1 Like

Another one who doesnt understand how tokens work… Tokens dont generate gold…

Players will want to buy gold for real money… Been like this from vanilla, wont change tomorrow. So we cant do nothing about that part.

There is the option that players buy gold illegaly from shady dealers like it was from vanilla onwards before Token… Or blizzard sanctions the selling with Token and makes it safe for all parties and takes a cut which is than in some form or another invested back in the game at least partialy.

I guess we have the better option.

This is their new strategy, if there are less players playing the game then encourage the unskilled casuals to buy WoW token so that lack of income from subscribers etc. will be compensated.

Be careful the birds in the air may see you and send live footage back to America , so they can chemtrail your city and mind wash you back to a true blizzard customer …

Do you really belive what you write sometimes ?

1 Like

WoW token side effects.

Boosting never gonna stop - Its a cancer and wow is victim. Soon it will be on last stage from it recovery isn’t possible.

1 Like