The Real Reason Why ''I'' Can't Play WoW Anymore

ahaha wow too : remember the boss in naxx?

Well here is the thing about wow, while the rotation is simple (4-5 buttons), ther isn’t a lack of buttons to press, the 4-5 buttons you are pressing switch depending on situation (ST/AoE), and there is a lot of utility stuff again depending on situation. FF14 combat overall stays the same regardless, that and its sooooo slow.

2 Likes

Yeah wasn’t say it as a bad thing! Its just two different types of challenges. I like both.

1 Like

I haven’t played it, if wow were to end for me, no more new MMO. I started playing since I loved WC2 and 3, loved playing in the actual world.

That said, I do agree with topic starter, a lot of specs are dull. I also get bored doing the same rotation over and over again. I have played a few DPS classes, but I ditched a lot of them for this reason,.

That being said, not sure if I’d enjoy 10+ button rotations. I more like reacitive DPS specs, so no specific rotation.

2 Likes

Off topic. ive played it too but i discovered just now pet battle in wow has the wc2 soundtrack.

1 Like

Having played classic/tbc I really think they missing something by not having talent trees.

1 Like

Consider FF 14 myself. Never bothered playing it once i saw the races and the massive amount of anime nonsense.

1 Like

Trying it is free so nothing stopping you, but its massively overhyped on all levels aaand

You are not going to get past that, it gets even more cringe once you start playing it.

1 Like

Didn’t know, I’m not a fan of pet battles, I also don’t play Pokemon, but cool indeed.

and in FFXIV you do 1-2-3 but much slower

1 Like

I know that i called ‘‘Elaidna’’ ‘‘sick’’ which she deserved it, her character looked real cool but when i see your character… I feel like this is one of the best transmog i have ever seen in my life. Holy sh^t dude. You look so freaking good

As a both WoW and FF14 player I say this is your perspective. I think WoW combat system is fine the way it is. The only thing that I wish WoW would do like FF14 is the display of AoE attacks.

and also 4-5-6 then f3-f3-f3-f3-f2-f3-f3-f4 then 1-2-3-4-5-6 then c1+c2+c4 then finish it of with shift 1+4+6 and 8. This is literally the main diffrence that i was trying to say :slight_smile:

You have stuff outside your base rotation in WoW as well - I would say the classes have about the same amount of necessary buttons in both games. I enjoy both FFXIV and WoW but WoW does classes and combat better than FFXIV does.

There’s a lot of stuff that FFXIV does better … but combat? Come on

1 Like

I am sorry but i was talking about my base rotation :slight_smile:

But, but I’m a girl :rofl:, and thank you.

1 Like

Yeah i know it is my perspective thats why i said ‘‘i’’ and adressed it as ‘‘in my opinion’’ in so many places in my thread. But when it comes to skill animations as a both WoW and FF14 player you can’t tell the otherwise. You know the diffrence, and you saw the diffrence between WoW’s skill animations and FFXIV’s skill animations with your very own eyes :slight_smile:

This isn’t Twitter - we are not here to exchange some virtual gotchas but to have actual conversations. The base rotation for FFXIV classes has the same lack of depth than the base rotation of WoW classes.

And while both games have the same amount of buttons, the weight that each button-press carries is the true depth of a class. The complexity comes from the importance of the single decision. Here, a comparison is difficult, because in WoW this weight varies a lot by spec (a Fire Mage or a Frost DK with Breath being two examples of a very high weight with a small amount of decisions)

1 Like

Yeah, I know it. And I say WoW does not need anime-like animations with over-exaggerated swings and particle effects. It won’t suit the art style of the game and the seriousness when a Demon Hunter would jump around like a Dragoon, a Paladin making giant crystal shockwaves and mages to throw overdimensional magic at enemies.

Not to mention the stage 2-3 limit breakers…

I say we don’t need that in WoW.

1 Like

Laughing because of how bad FFXIV is because they force animation locks for their spells.

Hyperbole while comparing classes there, what a surprise.

How would you know? you started in 2017.

OK, good. This game was never for you it seems.

Combat rotations differ between classes/specs, and just like how in WoW where there’s specs with very few buttons to press same goes for FFXIV.

1 Like