The rightful queen is back, but what of the kingdom?

i pray we can burn the zandalari alive at some point the trolls existing is not acceptable

3 Likes

And heā€™s straight up using racial slurs now. Delightful.

I think this discussion is over, flag and move on.

5 Likes

They are mudhuts. That is a fact. They make their houses out of dung and can barley write or read. Compared to the races from the first tier.

1 Like

He isnā€™t using the ā€œracial slurā€ about IRL people lol.

Even the in-game characters say they like in houses of dung, so, I donā€™t know what youā€™ll report will achieve.

4 Likes

Yes. Pretty much this.

:Thonking:

I think the only racial group to live in actual mud huts these days are the Orc clans on Outland.

2 Likes

Nope. Normal Orcs too. And Iron spikes of doom are barley better then dung and mud. Darkspear never expanded beyond their tents, just like the Tauren. All the civilized Horde plebs are in the first Tier group I just mentioned.

Even though I was mentioned in your ā€œtier Iā€, I canā€™t wait to see your Darkspear ā€œfellasā€ reacting to this.

It is by no means offensive taken. It is just how it is. Compared to the bigger and more influential tribes Darkspear never managed to expand beyond huts, tents and that stuff. They overcame blood magic and dark voodoo practices so I give them some respect for that.

But Orcs and Tauren? They are pretty much the same with different aesthetics.

The Orcs transitioned from a tribal society to an industrial in the span of a decade. That they choose to adorn their buildings with SPIKES doesnā€™t take away from that fact. Theyā€™re absolutely top tier these days. (Thanks Goblins)

Darkspear trolls are pretty scuffed but I suppose itā€™s hard to progress much between the constant Murloc raids and Naga incursions.

5 Likes

Uhm, simply follow your own advice and chill? Teldrassil is very fictional too u know

6 Likes

Itā€™s not surprising to see the one person who doesnā€™t play or have ever really liked Forsaken saying this is a good change. Thatā€™s to be expected from an Alliance player who doesnā€™t understand the race.

For context, the Forsaken were always designed to be a evil group, the player base coming to WoW were big fans of WC3 Scourge and thus they were incorporated as part of the Horde with a spooky, grim and dark aesthetic. If you take away that aesthetic you lose the player base.

If you want to see how people think, you only need to see the US story forums, or well, the vast backlash on WoWhead, and a couple threads here and there.

It would saying how excited you are to see the Draenei losing Velen, and they go from one dimensional Light worshippers to evil Shadow practitioners as a race, completely changing in culture, architecture and background.

10 Likes

Nope. Iā€™ve played Forsaken plenty, I just think the cartoon villains they were made into in Cata are tremendously lame.

Then how come I, as a big WarCraft 3 fan, came into it liking the Forsaken as being, well, the Forsaken? IE the group set up as the Anti-Scourge by Frozen Throne, with free will and a goal of vengeance?

Or was I not a ā€œrealā€ WarCraft 3 fan because I donā€™t think Arthas was ā€œzomg best villain evurā€?

Forsaken having Scourge aesthetic = good.

Forsaken becoming Scourge 2.0 = no good.

Good.

Draenei arenā€™t one-dimensional Light worshippers, though. They have a lot of variety in them, from the Broken and their shamanistic side, to the fallen Warlocks of the Manā€™ari Eredar and Sargerei traitors.

Personally, I think Yrel and the Lightbound taking over as a new, aggressive Draenei playable faction would be freaking sweet. Thatā€™s about changing the perceived direction, and allowing for more stories to be told - which is what I want with Calia for the Forsaken.

Anyway, I stand by what Iā€™ve already said a few times now;

I want Calia to lead the Forsaken, because I think that forces a change to the status quo and the status quo needs to be changed because it sucks.

I donā€™t actually believe this will happen, however, because Blizzard are not likely to put that kind of effort into revamping things, and youā€™re all panicking for no reason.

1 Like

Itā€™s quite easy to make a Forsaken, I can make a Draenei and claim Iā€™m a big Draenei player. Itā€™s obvious you donā€™t play Forsaken, are not invested in the race and donā€™t care about them, because youā€™ve argued removing their racial identity can only be a good thing ā€“ something actual Forsaken players are fundamentally against.

Do you want me to link you some threads about what actual Forsaken players think?

I donā€™t really care what your reasons were. It is a focal design point discussed in the creation of World of Warcraft by the designers in the up and coming book. Forsaken are supposed to be the evil guys, it is outright stated in their intro cut-scene in vanilla.

Says it all really, I donā€™t think I need to argue the point anymore.

I was copying your form of argument about X race you donā€™t like.

12 Likes

Ā“https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

That is all.

6 Likes

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-fallacy-fallacy

All your characters are Draeneiā€™s with a couple of elves sprinkled here and there. You donā€™t play Forsaken. You are not invested in the race.

7 Likes

Iā€™m Forsaken and I donā€™t want nothing to do with the Menethil x Proudmoore fanfiction going on.

3 Likes

Sorry bro u canā€™t just say ā€˜thatā€™s a fallacyā€™ and leave it thereā€¦ fallacies arenā€™t inherently incorrect, prove him wrong :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The thing is, I already did.

He claims Iā€™m ā€œnot a REAL Forsaken playerā€, even though I demonstrably am. Hence ā€œNo True Scotsmanā€ fallacy.

That really is all of it. Thereā€™s nothing to ā€œproveā€.

See this? This is a person who plays Forsaken and disagrees with me.

ā€¦ and this means something?

No, it doesnā€™t. Because guess what - people can enjoy different things. People can get different things out of the same thing.

Itā€™s all valid.

3 Likes

No you just said the equivalent of ā€œI have a Forsaken characterā€

Something I also have. A level 1 monk. Truly, that character is the focus of my RP and a race I care deeply about.

2 Likes