The Roleplayers Desired Changes/Additions to WoW Thread

Before, Warriors, Rogue’s and Hunters could make use of it…

Then they removed Weapon skills…

Pre-removal of weapon skills; Auto-attack allowed Rogues and Warriors to use guns and bows, etc!

Blame the haters for having Bliztard remove it and instead restrict it to 1 class and 2/3 of that class’ specc’!

1 Like

I’m aware, I’d just base the racial passive weapons on a; “yeah, you can equip it, but it doesn’t benefit you nor can you need on it” like warriors and rogues with ranged weapons.

You can just mog it when the usual conditions are met (so night elf priest can mog warglaive when they have a 1h mace, any 2h melee weapon on a tauren can be mogged into the totem etc.)

2 Likes

I own a shotgun for home defense, since that’s what the Grand Alliance intended. Four Defias goons break into my house. “What the devil?” As I grab my powdered wig and dwarven shotgun. Blow a golf ball sized hole through the first man, he’s dead on the spot. Draw my pistol on the second man, miss him entirely because it’s smoothbore and nails the neighbors dog. I have to resort to the cannon mounted at the top of the stairs loaded with grape shot, “Tally ho lads” the grape shot shreds two men in the blast, the sound and extra shrapnel set off mechanostrider alarms. Fix bayonet and charge the last terrified rapscallion. He Bleeds out waiting on the city guard to arrive since triangular bayonet wounds are impossible to stitch up. Just as the Grand Alliance intended.

8 Likes

10/10, no notes :ok_hand:

1 Like

This has probably already been said somewhere but, c’mon, please… working doors. That, or something nifty like speech indicators; i.e the colour of your chat bubble (or text) changes based on how you want your character to sound. Can always do so via /e of course, but I think it could add some fun flavour.

[Obligatorily ignoring the obvious wants of more emotes, player housing, guilds halls, etc…]

Speaking of weapons
I would very much like to see bows and guns come with a quiver attachment rather than this sperate backpack nonsense solution we have going on

something as simple as making a quiver as part of the weapon model that appears on the back of your character when you equip a bow, for older bows they may reuse one of the many quivers they used to have, while newer bows will obviously need their own design. alternatively just make it so bows, guns and crossbows for now on have the ammo displayed somewhere on the body, its 2023, why are we using half baked solutions to fix a very easy problem.

also bring back throwing weapons, as a 4th ranged class, so I can RP Rexxar even more.

1 Like

If you want (world-)RP to die off entirely, then I can understand the want for this.

Otherwise, no.

4 Likes

The days of yesteryear… using a bow on a rogue in rp-pvp… we didn’t know how good we had it scout bros… :pensive:

4 Likes

Good news for gnome roleplayers: The PTR added a teleporter to an uninstanced version of Mechagon, and it is accessible by everyone.

https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/status/1662956840588828672

6 Likes

Because, inevitably, you’d end up with a really fitting Bow for a Transmog, but the quiver then doesn’t fit it at all. But, because of this theoretical ‘baked in together’, you’re now just absolutely screwed.

Do Not Want, thanks.

I mean, it didn’t kill it in SWTOR, because open world and house/guild hall RP are two entirely different settings that may or may not fit at any given time. So, personally, think this nay-saying is absolutely balderdash :upside_down_face:

Edit: It actually ties in to my ‘Revamp the damn world’ comment earlier, too; maybe if the majority of the Old World wasn’t Ugly As :poop: people wouldn’t be quite so irked trying to find nice places to RP? Maybe? Just maybe?

The alternative is you will never have a cloak and a very limited set of quivers obtained through unreliable means like hardcore raids, trade post chance and the legion artifacts.
the legion bow is how all bows should be, if you want options return quivers and pouches like some sort of off-hand you can mog at your pleasure, but the new system is insufficent and screws you way more than anything.

Right now you have 3 quivers to choose from, legion, sylvanas and the one from the trade post, neither of which fit anything besides a few select bows already.

I refuse to believe they can’t trick the anchor-points much like the Legion bows manage. It will likely have been a ‘low priority’ thing for so long, regardless of the fact its one of the most requested things going.

At the end of the day, both options are gated behind ‘Will the devs get a clue and actually work on something like this?’ rather than ‘more raid sets with neon and spinny things that most people don’t ever use lol’

Luckily this thread isn’t anymore than wishful thinking and discussion of ideas we would like to see for the sake of RP
doubtful they will ever know this existed.

There are however many things I wish they would have carried over from the legion weapons
the monk staff animation would have been grand to reuse for certain weapons like spears, it could be further expanded upon with a proper stave stance, or at the very least add it to the only umbrella off-hand in the game, holding something so big like its a normal off-hand is probably the ONLY reason why that item isn’t used by role-players despite existing since Mist.

1 Like

Gods yes. Being able to hold staves or weapons on-shoulder like that. Or use staves as walking sticks? Being able to have your character have their weapon in a scabbard and hand on it, or something?

Ugh. I wish :<

1 Like

Idle weapon stances. Gimme.

4 Likes

Idle stances, more emotes, give. Me. Now. Blizz!

Give me the Karazhan ballroom dance for all races.

3 Likes

Boob sliders.

Also bulge sliders because equality.

1 Like

Serverside hunter ranged weapon combat stance so others can see it

Wouldn’t that be swell

2 Likes

This is why I keep pushing for Onslaught (bowspec) demon hunter.

They should release a priest gun spec while they’re at it.

2 Likes