The sad state of pvp

What went wrong with Dragonflight PvP? (youtube.com)

C’mon, do something… Blizzard
:woozy_face: :woozy_face: :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Literally what I’ve been saying since season 1.

3 Likes

Really good vid,summerize how after introduction of M+ and especially after Shadowlands Blizzard f ed up PvP balance because they had to give everyone everything so they will be useful in their precious M+

1 Like

They don’t care. To few that plays. :frowning:

1 Like

Aren’t those the same people that made guides for years. That teached everyone how to write macro’s that are half essays? The same people that had no problem with wow pvp being almost impossible to get into as new player for all those years but now participation is so low it’s an issue all of a sudden?
and now they’re all coming out with these issues casuals have been mentioning for decades, only to get crapped on by the elite players. Here’s the result of that behaviour…

7 Likes

What are u saying, this channel was basic guide for new people to understand wow PvP, it’s not because a game has a little bit of depth u can call it “impossible”…

Little bit of depth okay… Is that why the same people are domintating for pretty much decade now? Is the little bit of depth causing no new players to join or try the mode? Is it the little bit of depth that caused everyone from 2’s and 3’s to flock to solo? A little bit of depth wouldn’t require me to do a complete UI overhaul just when I want to try some arena’s. I have 42 keybinds and macro’s… Not even mentioning the amount of modifiers and cc etc. little bit of depth lol maybe it seems a little bit when played for 20years but no new player would consider that “a little” And who would want to compete against 20years of muscle memory and macro/ui knowledge when just want to fight and play a game? All stuff casuals have been mentioning for years now. No one cared untill now. when it’s dying.

1 Like

U want to play cs and be good ? U have to learn every map, flash and smoke, spray control and more
U want to play league and be good ? Good luck learning all the champs / items / runes and more

What is making people play solo over 2s or 3s is not the complexity of the game but the game mode itself, lfg is outdated, it takes time to find partner that are willing to stay. Ofc RSS is more attracting because u just have to queue and play, like in EVERY other game.

Maybe some people are at the top for years, but it’s not the problem of the casual player, ur argument makes no point, ur not gonna face this player if ur new. And yes a lot of this players are the same since a long time, but a lot of new head pop off every year, u are just not seeing them because they don’t compete or stream.

I do’nt understand the point of saying “i have 42 keybinds”, it’s how wow pvp works, maybe it’s a lot at the beginning but it just take time to get use to it. If u don’t like it it’s not the game for u, u are not gonna change the basics of the game. Of course they need to lower the number because some class have jsut to much but there still gonna be a lot of binds, it’s an mmo.

The UI situation is what the video is saying, u didn’t need 100 addons back then to play, just go watch old videos, maybe they have 1 for kick and gladius but that’s all, that’s why i don’t understand when u say that the game has been unplayable for decades, that’s just not true. It was a lot simplier in terms of requirement. They need to implement more things in the basic UI (and reduce the nomber of cds because the more everyone have the harder it is to see what is happening)

Ur point is to make casual play the game but what u are complaining about is people playing it for too long ? ofc people played when u didn’t, go to every other game and u will find people who played since decades too and u won’t beat them in 1 week, u are saying things that are not related to the discussion here.

When i read u it feels like ur facings these players and they are part of the problem, but if u are a casual u won’t go against them (maybe in solo but that’s a mmr problem) so i don’t see the point of mentionning them, it makes no sense in my mind.

1 Like

I’m not saying there is no problem with the game acutally, but what you were saying before wasn’t right. No flame ofc just my opinion.

1 Like

As a matter of fact, you will. specially when they have a ton of alts. or when it’s boosters dropping rating on purpose etc.

I 100% agree.

No my point is that the game needs casuals to survive and to have hopefully a lot of people that want to try out pvp. and that pvp currently is not attracting enough new players. that’s the point.
I personally only do solo till i have gear and then I quit. I don’t even do arena’s anymore. tried it a few times years ago. saw all the bicmex macro’s I would need on my hunter and I just couldn’t be bothered lol. The only reason blizz listened to the streamers and the r1’s is because blizzard desperate wants it to be a e sport. The views of the championships should make it clear that will never happen. A video of asmon picking his nose would get 10times the views of arena champs…
Also i’m not complaining about players playing this game too long… I’m just giving reasons why no new players want to do pvp. If arena’s would die tomorrow I wouldn’t notice a difference in my personal way of playing this game. But I would prefer it if the game would have more new players joining and sticking around more than they do currently.

The point being it’s too complicated for new players and too overwheliming for players to stick around. not sure if noticed it. but in mmo’s you kinda need other players. If no one joins anymore it dies…or you’re stuck with these crazy long queu times, how is that hard to understand?
And again, I have no problem with having 42 keybinds as im playing for over a decade. New players are not putting up with that though, hence the numbers reflect that in participation. Have fun sitting high and mighty on your pedestal I guess when no ones playing anymore? But you’re right. for people who think all this is to much, this is probably not the game for them, hence why pvp participation is at an all time low and will only get lower. so don’t complain then if this is what you want.

1 Like

I mean this is just not true, and how can u tell if you’re juste playing solo for gear. It was maybe true when all the boosting system wasn’t ban but now it’s not the case.

U don’t need all bicmex macro’s to play casual, if u are willing to use all of this it’s because u wan’t to train and be good and that’s not a problem for people who likes it. U think u need all this stuff when u want to play casualy but u are just making it harder for yourself if your goal is to play for fun. it’s like saying u need to learn every flash and smoke in cs to play with ur friend, not true at all. I play cs pretty much every day and i don’t know all this stuff. Ofc if u want to grind u will need to at some point, but like in every other video game or sports.
And again look back then, u didn’t need 1 billion macros to play good, it’s a problem with how dragonflight works not wow. And yes it’s a problem, i think u are not understanding what i am saying.

No my point is that the game needs casuals to survive and to have hopefully a lot of people that want to try out pvp. and that pvp currently is not attracting enough new players. that’s the point.

It’s not because wow arena will never be an huge esport that it can’t be one. It’s a small one, always have been and always will be. And ofc there will be competition, it’s a pvp game, what do u expect.

I don’t know why u are saying this, do you see me say “i wan’t nothing to change it’s all perfect” ? I’m not happy with how the game is right now.

100% agree, i think we have the same opinion about the game except one or two point but we are not understanding each other.
Games need change in gameplay, UI for people to understand it that’s all.
Every class has to much, it deletes identity, UI has gone crazy, u can’t even see the game, it’s not welcoming for new players.

more rewards doesn’t fix the pvp imo. it needs a complete revamp. excluded from wow and move to own gameclient and make it f2p. cut all spells and make it more like plunder with 7 abilities, if you want to “save” wow pvp.
but i bet people still want to keep the button bloat mess so who cares. its dead or more like arena pvp is dead. i enjoy bgs atm nut there are no rewards and rated is for sweaters

1 Like

Blaming Skill-Capped that the game is hard to get in is hilarious.

3 Likes

because I ran into them previous season at 1200-1600brackets? It’s also talked about a lot in reaction video’s about the video we are discussing here? it’s mentioned by streamers, multiglads and pro’s who this for a living basically. It’s literally in the reaction video’s…

True but if you don’t you’re at a serious disadvantage, and is playing at a disadvantage fun? And have you tried joining arena groups for fun where you didn’t have all the mandatory addons and macro’s? How did they respond? was it fun? or was it elite bs that only makes people go away from pvp, again something that’s reflected in the participation numbers. It’s also one of the reasons soloqueu got so populair as now people can just queue without going thru the hassle of going thru a bunch of toxic people just to be able to play a game mode.

No but you said it’s just how pvp works. wich implied to me no changes needed everything is working as intented and new players just have to get gud. My point was it’s too overwhelming and complicated for new players so if your reaction is “that’s just how pvp works” that’s not solving anything. I didn’t mean it in a rude way or anything. I just want the pvp game modes attracting new players and keeping them around. And it just annoyed me a little bit that the same people who have had no problems with all the problems for years, are now all of a sudden complaining because they realize it’s dying and they made it their livelyhoods…
But yes, I do think we actually both just want pvp to be fun again and I don’t mind a little disagreement so cheers!

Reading comprehension is also hard to get apparently. Where exactly do you see me blaming skillcapped that the game is hard to get? All I said was the same people who where oblivious to all the problems wow pvp had for years are now all of a sudden complaining when the game modes they enjoy are dying. that’s it. No where did you see me blame skillcapped. People have been pointing out for years it’s getting to bloated. too many addons to many this, too many that. No one cared. skillcapped are just the people making guides to help players. why would I blame them? The point is that players shouldn’t need help with writing macro’s that are half an essay. because that shouldn’t be a thing in the first place. that’s the point im making.

How were they oblivious? It sounds like some delusion on your end

What macros? It sounds like something made up in your head.

Because it’s been going on for literally years now? People have been pointing out the same issues for almost a decade now. And did they ever made video’s about that or did they just don’t care as they still could get their r1’s and glad mounts on all their toons? But now 2’s and 3’s are almost dead now all of a sudden they all come out with vids about the issues? seems you’re just oblivious to facts or something.

Okay so youre just being wilfully ignorant now. No point in debating people that live in fantasy land ignoring reality. Take care

What have been going for years? What issues over the decade? Dude, I don’t want to be that guy but it sounds like schisophrenia. They are literally top players that were hired to share their tricks lol.

Seriously there is something wrong with you. Macros exist for years even before Skill-Capped was created.

Reading comprehension. I suggest you learn it.
But you’re right. There are no issues with pvp whatsoever. It’s great and the best ever. thats why it almost dead.

I know what I’m reading but it’s just your wicked theory made up in your head to cover why you suck so much.

“The game is bad because people share their knowldege about the game. And because people teach macros”. I’m curious which macros are that broken xD

If you play in 1200-1600 bracket people have 0 idea what they are doing. They aren’t even dealing their damage properly. No macros would help them there. Just learn basics of your spec and stop making any conspiracy theories.