The State of Horde RP

They can do what they want, like I said, they then expect other people to be party to it. That’s where the issue is.

How are they doing this though exactly? If it’s just them sharing a forum post about it, I again don’t see the harm.

If they are actively going around Orgrimmar OOC telling people that “Hey, we’re still at war. And you better play that or else” that would be an entire different thing.

1 Like

I might be a stickler for the Lore and characters that respect/promote the setting, but Bulletchewer; your attitude in this thread makes me not want to roleplay with you. No matter how authentic your character may be.

Promoting authentic Horde RP is a single-player game.
While people flock to support good roleplay, every lore-embracing guild starts with one person purchasing a guild charter. Every community event starts with one person taking a big gamble.

If you’re a troll? Gratz, I took the bait. If you aren’t? Its time to decide what sort of gamble you want to take.

9 Likes

I am going to eat the bait as well.
Only because some character says something, doesn’t mean they will do it or anything like that. As one of the groups in the Hinterlands, so far, the human bros attacked us first. We fight back, but we are not really moving the fighting further than the middle of the forest. So I don’t see the entire problem that some nobodies, are fighting each other in a forest. And doubt that even the Horde or Alliance care what 20 people are doing. If you want a change, do it, go ahead. Start a community or a guild, that has your type of preferred rp. But trying to take jabs at people for rplaying together, ain’t it.

16 Likes

They’re actively saying they’re involved with these conflicts and when questioned, you are spoken to ICly, like you’re an idiot or you’re in the wrong. This is extremely offputting if you don’t want to be involved with such things, you’re not exactly spoiled for choice.

Well, I’m not posting on my main because I’ll probably judged for OOC opinions IC. I am posting here as opposed to in game so as not to troll or cause conflict.

I am not seeking to piss anyone off and we all pay a sub so we can do what we want. I just want an alternative. This seems to make the people who engage in the schtick I do not like quite annoyed, and that’s fair enough.

This is another thing which might make people think that you are just posting insincerely and trying to get a reaction out of people. If you want people to think that you are trying to engage in a constructive conversation, you might want to avoid that.

Actually, one of the most fun parts of roleplaying in this guild right now is questioning motives. I know that this character is an advocate for peace, as are many others in this character’s guild, and they often argue with the guild leader and the more bloodthirsty members of the guild.

There’s a lot of wrestling with morality and these characters often struggle to justify the things that they do for the warband. It’s a source of conflict and it’s fun to roleplay, at least in my opinion. If someone from outside wants to accuse my character of being a warmongering criminal, they’re welcome to, it sounds like it could be a fun encounter.

Unfortunately, that requires a lot of effort that people are unable to muster. There’s just not enough interest and no one who has the clout to be able to create a hub out of nothing again.

My guild does this too, actually. The vast majority of events over the past several months have involved pacifying centaurs, quillboar and troll cults in Stranglethorn and the Hinterlands alike. The RP-PvP with the Alliance is mostly just a bonus.

I think you’re referring to this particular post:

It seems to me like you’re taking a silly tongue-in-cheek post and blowing it out of proportion, which is something else which might lead people to assume that you’re not trying to have a reasonable discussion.

So far the skirmishes have included:

• A failed attempt to ambush a Horde warband on the slope that leads down to the coastline.
  • A chance encounter and a clash between two scouting parties in the wilderness of the Hinterlands.
  • A failed attempt to stop a Lordaeronian wagon full of supplies from reaching its destination.
  • A disastrous assault on an abandoned dwarf bunker that the supplies had been moved to, near the coast.

Considering that according to the latest canon, the night elves of Ashenvale still regularly assault the Warsong lumber camps without any major diplomatic incidents, none of these events seem like they are particularly canon-breaking.

Hopefully you’re now a little more informed.

23 Likes

Albeit there being a truce or something, not everybody is going to comply after 34543543 years of war.

3 Likes

Kudos to your patience, Shogganosh.

3 Likes

Perhaps do not condescend in your initial post, and it won’t lead to the interpretation that I came to.

One of my characters inquired as to why Orcs were fighting Dwarves in Arathi and was labelled an idiot who should know his station. I do not enjoy interminable roll battles or trying to debate an entire guilds dogma on my own. It’s not fun.

Which is fair, but it’s not unfair to want to aspire to being that again.

I’ve heard similar from characters in game. How am I supposed to infer it’s tongue in cheek then? Do you think the Horde would accept members doing this with no consequence?

Don’t the Chronicles have good info on the state of any skirmishes? Can someone confirm?

The Chronicles haven’t touched on recent events yet. That’ll be later this year.

But that is still IC though? I don’t mean this to be rude, but if someone is treating you poorly ICly, that should not reflect an OOC interaction, you should not take offense for it.

It could be their character is a brash a-hole. That doesn’t mean they are OOC.

What do you want, Bulletchewer? Could you write out an outline for the next Horde RP event you would like to see?

1 Like

Sorry, that wasn’t the intention. Feel free to point out where the condescension was, and I’ll try and avoid that language in the future.

9 Likes

We have a few sources from other books but they’re all deeply contradictory to one another in some cases so when people say that the entire state of the factions is nebulous that’s putting it very lightly. Thrall in Shadow’s Rising says he personally dealt a good ol’ Orgrim hammer-to-the-head of every traitor, but then we have some in-game going to jail, or being let free by Baine, then we have mentions of skirmishes meanwhilst Velen gives Rexxar and Zekkan the all-clear to come visit the Alliance lands of Kalimdor, and Shaw and Flynn visit a few Horde cities.

It is, truly, utterly, nebulous, because all of it is so contradictory we can only do our best to. . .do what we can really until we get something defined.

Oh well.

For now then, I’m sure there’s minor skirmishes from time to time, none causing any political upheaval, like a group of ten versus ten (not a reference). But largely I believe the Horde and Alliance have both had their fill of tragedies and death following BFA and finally Amirdrassil’s move to the physical realm.

If some groups loose from the armies for instance go punch one another, I’d say go for it. Plenty of hate left!

Nah, not all of us have the memory of a goldfish. Maybe some of us even prefer constant conflict over peace!

I’m going to trust the future Chronicles with Metzen being the narrative director again. Stories without him were all SO disconnected.

It’s more the fact, at any point in time, they’re the only people in Orgrimmar on such an occasion, my choices are to engage in an RP argument, or a roll fight, neither which appeal. So I have to stand on my own or /camp.

I’m not offended OOC, but it certainly makes the will to roleplay wane.

Hah! Is that a reference to your name? :smiley: