The War Within Official Cinematic | Shadows Beneath

The War Within Official Cinematic | Shadows Beneath | World of Warcraft

How do you feel about the latest cinematic for The War Within?

Personally, I think it’s OK. If I had to rate it, I’d say 3/5.

Visually it looks nice. I think the Harronir seem interesting, and the way the Earthen forge is in sync with the music is a cool touch.

But it reminds me too much of the Shadowlands launch cinematic, which wasn’t a favourite of mine either. I want more story in my cinematics. The music strays a bit too much from normal Warcraft style as well.

That said, it’s useful to remember that this cinematic doesn’t stand alone. The announcement cinematic with Anduin and Thrall still exists and contained the lore.

It isn’t even cinematic, it is fan made video.

1 Like

New avatar 3 looks really cool. This looks like alot of things, wow aint one of them tho

2 Likes

The 1 arm paladin was too much for me

1 Like

That was awful cinematic, definely the worst one yet. Even shiny, colored DisneyFlight “How to train ur dragon” better than this muted and blank one.
GigaDwarf was good but thats it. Bunch of random things blend together with some simple music, nothing tells me that this is “The War Within” expansion. More like avatar, spider, dwarf, strong and independent one-eyed woman and random laught at the end.
So cringe

4 Likes

I must admit this trailer would be awesome if it was Dragon age 4

2 Likes

Not sure about a rating.

There is an overall improvement in quality (graphics, sound). That’s good.

But there’s way too much Diablo in the setting for my liking. It doesn’t really feel and look like WoW anymore. In many ways.

If that is, what Blizzard wants, to get away from the setting and feeling of the WoW of old, they did succeed in that regard.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.