The WARcraft Argument

Here’s looking forward to a debate rather than mud slinging…I hope. So this might have been brought up before but I never saw it, so sorry if this is retreading old water.

I see so many people using the “It’s WARcraft, now LOVE/PEACE/HIPPY WORD OF CHOICEcraft” In an attempt to suggest that Slyvanas is a great warcheif and this is why they follow her. It’s…not a great argument in my opinion.

I don’t think that those turning against our great and glorious womanchild are doing so because she is pro-war. I for one have no issue with making an Alliance soldier into my arrow cushion when at war. I enjoy it in fact. But I do have a problem when it’s pointless.

The “Honour squad” do have a point. They are not saying that war is un-honourable. They are saying that this war un-honourable. War’s need to be started for a good reason, if it is not started for a good reason, then it’s just murder.

Imagine this scene:

Slyvanas: I have called you all here today to inform you of grave information. The Night Elves have taken it upon themselves to take back Ashanvale, push us out and have refused any further trade with the Horde. Capitalising on the death of the former King of Stormwind to sever the treaty they never wished to sign.

The Alliance pup, has done nothing to bring them into line. His reply is snivelling, cowardly! The mewling of a child who cannot keep his house in order and under command. What more could we expect from a “King” who takes council from the likes Greymane, a hound baying for the blood of the Horde? Or Horde detractors like Proudmore who has already murdered our people once without punishment?

Within days we will be out of resources…out of time. The Horde is too big to sustain without trade. We have no choice. It is War with the Night Elves…or death in the streets.

Do you think any of the Honour Squad, or anyone in the Horde would have a problem with war if this where the reasoning behind it? No. They would be in agreement that drastic times call for drastic measures, or their people and the Horde are dead.

It is called WARcraft and I want war. But if you want me to go to war with the Alliance give me a REASON.

Discuss :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Thats the point why I want Stonetalon(cata) Garrosh back.

He was bloodthristy, hotheaded, cruel, but he had (back then) his reasons.

I have no problems to smash n11s heads in Ashenvale because they steal MY wood.

But I have a lot of problems to burn n11 civilians because of bad mood or higher purpose or 3d chess of “my” warchief…

4 Likes

She has a reason for wanting the war. That reason may not be in the best interests of the Horde

(P.S. this is speculation from the PTR, which is subject to change)

1 Like

Even IF blizzard present us a good reason, we have a whole expansion of chaotic evil actions for reason we do not know.
And the promise “everything will be clear and will make sense” does not help us in 8.0 in 8.1 and even not in 8.2

1 Like

WARcraft was never an argument.
Just as it wouldn’t be an argument to stress warCRAFT and expect the game to focus on how war is done instead of the war as a story. Or stressing the WORLD of Warcraft, since this game isn’t about war or its craft, but the world in which the warcraft was done.

Just don’t be bothered.

2 Likes

I’m not “bothered” by it. I just don’t see it as a great argument and, in my opinion, all arguments have the right to be challenged. This is my challenge to that argument.

I know she has her reasons, but she hasn’t given me any reason to fight a war. She dragged me into it when she had a paddy and burned hundreds of civilians alive.

This was when I liked Garrosh. Before he was assaulted with the Disney villain bat.

1 Like

It is not an argument, it’s fallacious at its best. You cannot define the content of the game by its title. Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is certainly not about being an Assassin, yet it’s still an Assassin’s Creed game, just to give an example.

2 Likes

Yes it would be nice if Horde wouldn’t be beaten with morality stick each time they fight Alliance, and made us feel crap for daring to fight them.

That is one of the pros of playing troll - if there is any race that has a right to have literally zero sentiments for anything Alliance stands for - it’s them. It means nothing for them, all that moral crap they spew on, but they built their foundation by acting exactly like Horde did.

With that being said I’m also very disappointed with the choices Horde made since TBC but that is another subject, I know that Horde did lots of wrong, but it would be nice if they’d finally start to do the right stuff.

It’s the narrative that is extremely frustrating, Alliance can do no wrong, and the moment that they do something drastic - it’s swpped under the rug. And Horde even if they don’t do super evil things they’re still treated like they’re the worst, because we have the likes of Baine that prefers to punish his own people rather than oppose Alliance.

That is NOT faction pride, by any means.

And I also realize that there are plenty of Alliance players which are also sick of it, and they don’t want to be goodie two shoe, they want to do shady and vengeful stuff, they don’t want to be homegenous and have cultural split for every subfaction. That there are plenty of humans which are as much sick of Anduin and his preaching as Horde is with Sylvanas Scourge wannabe path.

I also want a good war, war can be nasty at times, but we need to have a good reasons to fight for it to get ourselves engaged. I don’t want to fight to be portrayed to be the baddie, I fight to achieve certain aims that will benefit “my people”.
Blighting everything is not benefitting because the land and resources will be completely useless afterwards. for example.

And I don’t . In the same Cata he was wasting troops in idiotic way much like Sylvanas does now.

4 Likes

No prob in there I know that my opinion on this is very subjective.

As for wasting troops: it’s not that important to me, simply because it seems to be a simple “have to” action in WoW Universe. Garrosh did it, Sylvanas did it, Anduin does it. They all do.

My main argument is the reason hostile actions, Garrosh had some (net the best, but he had them) meanwhile all Sylvanas said is “SOON”…

Writers seem often to be unable to write good battles. See this one infamous GoT Battle in last season…

IMO, the writers want to write BfA primarily with the theme of “war is hell”, which doesn’t mesh well with the advertised ideas of “faction pride” and “just war”.

1 Like

No I don’t mean “as a General I know that some of my troops will die when I make assault”.

Garrosh purposely wanted to wipe out Forsaken in Cataclysm and that was one of the reasons why he Ordered to attack Gilneas, - to take over port and to get rid of them. As Horde leader he shouldn’t hae in mind to wipe out one of it’s members no matter how much he dislikes them.

He was also eager to kill PC and gave wanted poster for his head before he proved himself innocent for Ashenvale Warlock thing.

He also was extemely biased toward certain races simply because he didn’t like them - like trolls. Who are one of the founders of the faction he became a leader off, and yet he was accusing them to be leeches, - when Thrall acknowledged that if it wouldn’t be for Darkspears Horde wouldn’t made it out.

So I wouldn’t miss a leader that treats me like a trash.

1 Like

I would have liked it if he was better written to be honest. If he has to not like a race, give him a reason not to like them. in short, I think this a problem with the story telling these days.

Give us a reason!

Well he also didn’t have a reason to hate Alliance, - he never met them before so why such an extreme feelings?

I think he was ridiculous fellow from the start, I so much more liked Dranosh and Jorin - they came from exactly same place and were not as hateful and bitter as Garrosh was. Their fathers also made mistakes but they didn’t have insecurities over it. And Dranosh didn’t turn to bull the moment he saw color blue.

1 Like

The argument isnt there to justify Sylvannas, but rather the reason War is happening in World of WARcraft, good or bad writing aside.

Sylvannas argument for starting the War was simply to improve a better position for which we can broker peace.

As it stands, the Alliance were “stronger” so Peace is never peace really if ur the weaker party of a negotiation.

Its an argument Saurfang agreed to, so THE ARGUMENT is valid.

Now her methods… are “questionable” , but since her argument is valid and she supposedly has an endgame plan, she is good for me

Ah ok. I wrote Stonetalon Garrosh not without thoughts. I thought it would be a clear limitation. Is see, it was misleading.

Let me make it clear: I like the archetype of Warchief presented by Garrosh in Stonetalone. He is not a nice guy, but he also does not need to be one.

And what if the Horde does not come out stronger? What if the Horde is weaker, and has to kneel, due to the fact that Sylvanas escalated it to a war of extermination.

Starting a war without considering the possibility of failure is reckless.

Victory or Death!

Death it is then.

Yes, for the enemies of the Horde that is

No, the Horde is dead, and there is no saving it