The weekly "Power in RP and how to get other people's consent for it thread"

Exactly. The whole point of this situation was to create RP. The dick swinging that’s going on is just comical tbh.

You took it wrong then. I’m fine with setbacks. And my investment in RP is about having fun with others, not taking it super seriously to be honest, but I understand why it comes off like that.

As for my OOC responses, am I not entitled to my opinion about the situation? IC is IC, yes, but does that mean I shouldn’t express my opinion on it OOC as well?

I apologize if I sounded unpleasant and I assure you that I wish for no bad feelings between us. But what happened happened and I expressed my opinion on it like you did and I suggest that we leave it at that.

4 Likes

Ooooph.

One nil.

It’s still the word of grunts vs that of a clan leader. The Horde would most certainly not throw the axe at the latter.

2 Likes

If people don’t stop hating on Perroy, they’re going to upset Puddles.

You should -never- upset Puddles.

While I do think when there’s so many people involved in this RP that there ought to be more preparation/planning, there has been a huge deal of build up to these events and if the ‘victims’ of this aren’t causing a fuss and are content with how things are, then I don’t think there’s really a problem.

To expand on my first point, mostly in the interest of discussion since I don’t have any personal investment here, communication is very important when there’s entire collections of guilds involved.

Taking the extra step to make preparations OOC - while killing some of the natural flow of RP - ensures that there isn’t any bad feeling between players, and that everyone can try to be online and get involved. I imagine logging on after an early night to find that your leader has been arrested and taken away, while you didn’t have the opportunity to be involved in the action, can be jarring.

Neither option is perfect, but I’m more inclined to make sure there’s definite consent and cooperation going on. But again, if Rogmasha is fine with this, and presumably consented some time ago to an organic approach to this RP, then forum gremlins don’t really have a leg to stand on.

5 Likes

rog’s arrest was incredibly based and redpilled t. igronak

3 Likes

Fair enough, I can’t claim I know you beyond surface-level forum posts so maybe you’re the coolest cat in town and I’m 100% wrong

You can for sure but I think they were pretty antagonistic in general. You could have just sent me a PM if you had some concerns :pensive:

It’s OK, I don’t really have hard feelings towards you - I just don’t think that an instant OOC battle is really the best first response but also I’ve been guilty of that in the past too so who knows

Yet that isn’t true at all - the Horde arrests the High Chieftain of the Tauren for very similar crimes in about two weeks

Are you suggesting that an orc chieftain of a guild-size clan has diplomatic immunity in a way that the objective leader of the Tauren race does not? :confused:

10 Likes

How can you be so sure of that?
One is a official unit within the Military, part of a Legion led by a High Executor. A rank which I’d claim has a lot of weight to swing around. A rather important rank for the forsaken as well, who’s leader is the current warchief.

The other is a clan, in a Horde that doesn’t really have that much focus on clans anymore. And is known for their neutral approach when it comes to Alliance.

1 Like

-Sylvanas- arrests Baine.

Not a grunt unit.

6 Likes

Ummmm, respected clan leader or not, I’m pretty sure a crime is still a crime.

You’re telling me the Horde as a state, would not side with its own grunts?

Damn all the clan RPers should go commit murder right NOW, they have an easy get out of jail card.

Actually, Sylvanas just called me and told me it was fine.

5 Likes

As far as I understood it wasn’t just grunts, but several guilds from the Stygian Legion, which involves Forsaken units, blood elf units, goblins units and so on. Each of course having their own officers. Now, I think what really bothers you is that it was all from the same OOC source --> Stygian Legion.

As several others have pointed out before, the Horde isn’t known for their elaborate justice system (seen in quests some above have posted already).

Might be mixing too much IRL laws into this there. If what people say is wrong, you might want to back up your claims with some sources, otherwise your post is relatively useless / you’re just throwing out your own headcanon.

1 Like

A clan leader definitely has a higher status than a grunt, yes, that’s kind of how orc hierarchy works.

If proven. And from what I see it looks like you just assumed HoC’s word is enough to put a bounty on someone.

1 Like

You seem to have in your head this idea that the grunts and guards in general have little authority, when it’s kind of the reverse.

His name was Fogugh.

2 Likes

My character Bob McBobbyface actually outranks all of your guild and he said you’re lying.

1 Like

Guards enforce the law. They don’t make it.

Policemen don’t come to your home and kick your nan, they need warrants.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree : )

1 Like

The Horde doesn’t work in Clans anymore nor strictly as Orcish hierarchy functioned back in the Old Horde. I don’t really know where you get all these things from or that suddenly because a clan leader said X, someone else’s word would count less. Do you have examples in novels/quests?

2 Likes