The weekly "Power in RP and how to get other people's consent for it thread"

From the previous time your guilds went towards the Crossroads full force but stopped at the Southfury, I can see that for the Whiteclaw your idea of assuring some kind of conflict may be coming might be hard to get a definite on. A couple rogues popping up to purposefully fail on their IC missions doesn’t feel like an indicative OOC warning that the full fury + force of Phillip Perroy marches on their encampment while they event.

there maybe something big coming but how do they know? they don’t b/c y’all didn’t tell a single person !

The issue isn’t “they knew people were coming after them, so what’s the big deal?” — it’s just to a lot of gamers they didn’t at all enjoy their event being interrupted for the PCU to come bearing down on them full force, and even their hub being put on hiatus because you couldn’t take the time of day to toss Rogmasha a whisper. Surely it isn’t that hard? Get the leader OOC in it so they can enjoy it instead of being taken by surprise.

to be honest it would be weird if you could read my OOC pms to people (:sweat_smile:)

yikes i should hold myself to my own standards

probably why i’ve already previously whispered apawi in the past if my actions are okay and it’s all good if me and a few friends continue on my IC actions and they’re fine with it. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

No one is roleplaying Baine here, though?

The point that you are trying to prove is that roleplayers are incapable of issuing an arrest to other roleplayers due to their different status in the hierarchy pyramid. If that was an actual case - the server would be filled with flower shop RP and more citizen-based roleplayers in the first place, so that people would prevent any form of hostile approach at each other.

I’m the coolest moose in town.

That I agree with.

Indeed. Which is why I shall withdraw from this topic.

You saw that like one lowly grunt accused her, not the legion’s officers + other ranked officials.

Hand of Conquest…the grunt guild?

If grunt guilds can’t put up bounties who can?

And again with the proof thing, most these crimes were publicly witnessed. This is just getting ridiculous.

As much as I get the point here.

… I can’t help but feel that would destroy immersion?

1 Like

Do you understand World of Warcraft in a setting that’s past the 17th century liberalism man what’s going on with you

5 Likes

Do you understand just how chaotic the Horde would be if anyone could just set up hits on someone?

1 Like

That’s the general argument from what I’m feeling, and like I mentioned in my first post in the previous forum it’s a rickety rope to walk. If I want to murder someone, they might not like it even if I build up an animosity between our characters before trying to strike it down. But if I tell them of my intentions, they might subvert and sniff me out somehow, just because I told them OOC.

Rogmasha should know they’re under threat already, it’s plain and obvious, but I personally feel it ain’t much skin of someone’s teeth to solely inform them that a big group is on their way to bring her to justice, just to make sure no corresponding events are coming and they’re not barging in on something already going on.

15 Likes

The grunts aren’t the modern police though, I don’t think Orgrimmar has a book of written law.

Although I would argue arresting someone who committed or assisted murder and spoke out against the warchief, is enforcing the law.

That’s just a strawman though and you’ve already left that behind by acknowledging the HoC as the guards in the post I responded to but there’s no need to apply constitutional developments that happened in very specific regions of the real world after the 17th century to World of Warcraft RP ok :grimacing:

1 Like

It’s not “just anyone” it’s the grunts aka state authority. Smh.

It seems to me that another alternative would be to take precautions against such things from an IC perspective. For example, if I had a large organisation or even a moderately sized one at my beck and all, and we were under threat, I’d have active scouts and people working roles designed to gather information and put feelers out for such things.

On a general note though, what’s the point of arguing over the motivation for events that have already finished?

1 Like

So if I made a grunt guild I could put up bounties on whomever I pleased is what you’re saying.

Yes, that totally sounds like how the Horde works. It would’ve melted down 3 months in.

2 Likes

Why do you play your opposing party in this argument as some brain dead animals that are oblivious to reason :expressionless:

3 Likes

Well technically yes? Although the assumption or hope is grunt/guard RPers will act fairly and not based on OOC.

This bounty was based on months of RP in which actual crimes and conflict happened, it wasn’t created on some whim.

You really are the king of strawmen.

1 Like

Roleplay is based on cooperation. Rogmasha made no OOC complaint about the nature of the Hand of Conquest’s bounty and use of authority. She took it in her stride, and used it as a device for her own RP and story.

13 Likes

Because regardless of what actually happened a grunt legion should not have the authority to be judge jury and executioner.

You say they’re ‘authority’. Well which of them? Because Orgrimmar would have hundreds of legions. Which one is the authority? All of them?

And if Legion 30 says you’re a traitor and Legion 35 says you’re not what happens?

5 Likes

Thats not what happened, are you not following?

A grunt was murdered, Rogmasha was held responsible, Rogmasha decided to hide away and was now captured.

2 Likes

This is irrelevant of Rogmasha’s situation. I’m ticked off by the concept of a grunt guild having all this power which they realistically shouldn’t have.

2 Likes

Thanks for the entertainment folks

This storm was bound to happen sooner or later tbh

5 Likes