The World of Warcraft 20th Anniversary Celebration Update is Now Live!

I’m happy for everyone who enjoys retail, but it’s not for me. I will skip the whole thing because I haven’t played retail for 3 addons now the game has changed fundamentally from what I saw in streams… that wouldn’t be fun for me.

When is the birthday for Cata Classic? 5 years ago :3 August 26 is already over but there was no event! :rofl:

2 Likes

Really excited for this one! Great job team blizz :raised_hands:

Love this ill be there

Me neither, if only to see the same chaos with the first two bosses as chaos happened with all the gogogo expert wow players who couldn’t figure out why they were dying to trash before they even crossed the first bridge in Molten Core anniversary raid.

3 Likes

Haha yes not to mention the vanillla dungeons they may be turning in to mythics this raid is gonna be so fun ! Would love to see dungeons and raids that got changed in mop like the original ZG scholo etc

“rEsPeCtInG pLaYeRs’ TiMe”

I feel like tier 2 is such a bad reward…

Why wouldn’t they go and do an alternative version of the unobtainable tier 3 instead of another tier 2 that everyone is already using. What a waste.

1 Like

Seems you need to grind the quests for 8+ weeks, back to back, in order to get all sets.

You don’t only need to be subscribed to the birthday cake, you also need to grind and bake it, yourself.

Lovely.

2 Likes

you guys find every occasion to complain. im always astonished about this. The world is dark and hopeless.

You should play in warhammer 40k world.

1 Like

i think they went with the most iconic overall tier for the good and the bad parts. and also tier 3 has been obtainable for over a year again pretty sure

Just going to level a DK for the tmog set. Looks really nice. So far i never had any hero class at max level simply because i don’t like those classes lol.

1 Like

I do play 40k and yet we complain less then WoW-players…

1 Like

this forum should receive an Istvaan III treatment :smiley:

1 Like

It would be very nice to receive a figurine for the 20th anniversary, as we did for the 10th anniversary.

Of course, only for a player who created a World of Warcraft account within 60 days of the game’s release on November 23, 2004 in North America or on February 11, 2005 in Europe… :wink:

And what about the over 50% of the playerbase who dont play retail?

Tough luck, play classic, pretend its 2004 and speculate on what the game will be like in 20 years while you mope from one dull zone to the next pressing frostbolt and pretending its a rotation.

2 Likes

Events are in old maps. You don’t expansion to play the events, just sub/gametime.

Thanks for adding glyphs to return to previous shammy ascendance form. huge w, much appreciated

I would have looked forward to this event if it wasn’t because you wiped my guild bank and my 20 year history with WoW. I’m still struggling to find the joy to play, all the bugs aren’t helping either. Now the anniversary event will just be a bitter reminder of what I lost.

1 Like

Lmaooo, the huge Human Paladin image above the other classes having to share in groups of three (in mostly worse outfits), a perfect summary of 20y of WoW I’m thinking. Can’t help but laugh (bitterly) :))

But hey, the mount is nice and I’m looking forward to BRD.