Theory: Female characters are better at everything

Well I dunno I am just a mortal that simply wants to live on a planet, if there is a threat, said thread has to be killed. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sadly wrong.
Replace them by females and the narrative is still very good.

You see I have many issues with BfA, this is just one of them.
Here’s a few examples:

• Continuity exists to enhance a story, not to tie the hands of creators.
  • Bad writing.
  • Too many writers.
  • Wanting to tell too many things at the same time.
  • Breaking the lore for the sake of shocking, cool moments.
  • Alliance story written as the good guys who get slapped on the face and must turn the other face to be even.
  • Horde story written as cruel villains who must repent for their sins in the end.
  • Coming from Legion and suddenly going to war without a transitional period.
  • The failed promise of a faction war which would make everyone proud.
  • Storytelling as pleasant as a buzzsaw in your ears all the time, which makes gameplay unpleasant.
  • Female characters, pushed for cool moments instead of group moments that would show team efforts, for example:
    Sylvanas, Nathanos, Saurfang take the full blame for the success or failure of WoT.
    Anduin, Genn, Jaina, Arelia, Turalyon are portrayed as a combined Alliance leadership to assault Lordaeron.
    Sylvanas, Nathanos, Saurfang, Baine, Lor’themar are represented as a united Horde force that will defend Lordaeron or die trying.

You only proved my point.
Actually remove Anduin and suddenly, Jaina and Arelia are not following blindly someone to a trap.

What I meant was: where were they when Anduin and Genn started to attack the walls ?
It would be nice if them to actually be with Anduin and Genn since the beginning of the battle.
They were kept for their grand moment.

Actually I believe they had many things planned.
Shock moments say hello.
This was just one of many issues.

I could say the same for you.

From all the posts I read, yours posts weren’t very convincing.

Here’s a good example:

I was just interested in seeing how far you would go.

Like the moment he resurrects his army so Sylvanas kills them again ?

That depends on your personal point of view.

How many Horde players stated, they would prefer Sylvanas, not because they like her, but because Saurfang is weak and Baine a traitor.

Gess what, the narrative does absolute zero effort in proving they are wrong.

Cheers.

Oh please its not a massive number at all, she is a cartoon villan and compleatly against what the Horde was founded as at the start of warcraft 3.
And you cannot use Horde story written as cruel villains who must repent for their sins plus Coming from Legion and suddenly going to war without a transitional period and then go on to say she is a better leader because saurfang and bane do not want to commit mindless slaugther.

1 Like

Is she ?

Morgan added what I felt was the most interesting view I’ve heard from any developer when it comes to Sylvanas: “With the Sylvanas aspect, there are two sides here: People in the Saurfang / Baine camp and the people who are with Sylvanas.”

“Put yourself in the shoes of someone in the Horde. They’ve known nothing but conflict for over 20 years. They believe that Sylvanas is the person who will bring an end to this. She’s the one who can unite the Horde in ways it’s never been before. You can see how people would want that. They might think, “I would like to know peace, please. Sylvanas will get us there.” The people know what Baine and Saurfang and Thrall lead to – it’s just the same conflict they’ve seen. Sylvanas is bringing something no one’s ever brought before. So it’s interesting to see different sides of that. She has a plan.”

Words from the developers themselves.

Tell me something new.
I saw her as nothing more than trouble since day one in vanilla.

The narrative could had done a much better job at that.

Sylvanas asks Saurfang to plan the attack on the Night Elves and he refuses or challenges her for Mak’Gora.
Many times our Alliance counterparts argue that he is a hypocrite, because of that.
I wish I could defend his stance, but I can’t find any arguments besides, Anduin gives him credit by releasing him, from the prison.
In fact that’s why I like Anduin, he was probably the only Alliance on Azeroth who believed Saurfang, still had Honor.

As for Baine he was with Sylvanas at Lordaeron.
None liked him going to deliver Jaina’s brother, to her.
The Alliance players told he was too late and he should had acted soon, probably refused to assist Sylvanas, after Teldrassil.
A good portion of Horde players wanted his head, for treachery.

I felt sorry for his poor characterization.
As I love Thrall’s Horde.

Cheers.

1 Like

Replace the females in BfA with males and the narrative is still trash, that’s the point.

Actually remove Anduin and suddenly, Jaina and Arelia are not following blindly someone to a trap.

Remove Anduin and they aren’t there in the first place.

I could say the same for you.

From all the posts I read, yours posts weren’t very convincing.

Nope. I haven’t said anything unconvincing. And it’s not me who has to convince you of something, since it’s not I who made a bold claim such that Blizzard is sexist.

Like the moment he resurrects his army so Sylvanas kills them again ?

Sylvanas herself isn’t badass then, since she ended up losing the war badly.

That depends on your personal point of view.

It’s not my point of view. Sylvanas is mad. The main antagonist is a woman. If we want to see an agenda where there isn’t one like you do, then Blizzard would be sexist against women.

1 Like

Read again the topic:
“Theory: female characters are better at everything”
What part of theory didn’t you understand ?
And besides comments like this doesn’t help at all:

I would like to ask that man what her daughter thinks of people screaming while being burned alive, in Saurfang cinematic, for the purpose of showing how much better, Sylvanas is, as being an evil leader, compared to Garrosh and for the shocking moment, she would subvert the audience expectations.

After what the developers said, that she has a plan, I will believe when I see it.
Did she even planned to win this war to start with ? Where is she ?

Like Kerrigan from StarCraft.
I will believe it if she has the same fate as Garrosh, translation: killed in a cinematic.

Cheers.

The fact that I fight alongside Daelinna in this topic against my common allies such as Zarao is mind-boggling.

The fact that it’s a theory you try to present as a fact.

After what the developers said, that she has a plan, I will believe when I see it.
Did she even planned to win this war to start with ? Where is she ?

Just stop. Sylvanas very clearly wanted to win the war, but ended up almost losing it. She is in Durotar doing nothing and will be deposed in 8.2.5. There’s your “girl power”.

Like Kerrigan from StarCraft.
I will believe it if she has the same fate as Garrosh, translation: killed in a cinematic.

No. She is a villain. So was Kerrigan in Starcraft I, until Starcraft II completely retconned her characterization in Starcraft I.

Sylvanas is crazy and she is the villain. There’s no way around that.

Your opinion, not mine.
Can’t handle discussions ?
Don’t take part in them.

Will see.
I will repeat so you can understand:
I will believe when I see her dead in a full animated cinematic, as Garrosh

Let us see if Sylvanas will get away as she did.
If Kerrigan can be retconned, so Sylvanas can be written as they please.

And may I remind you, there was a polygon interview in which the developer stated that both Alliance and Horde are villains and heroes in this expansion.

Your definition of villain, may not be their definition.

Remember this was supposed to be a “morally grey” conflict and I think they still believe that.

Cheers.

No, it’s very much not my opinion. It becomes blatant from your posts that you refuse to listen to anything else and that your entire argumention relies solely on incredibly grasping at straws. Indeed, the fact that you ignore everything else the modern team worked on, such as Legion, is proof of that.

Will see.
I will repeat so you can understand:
I will believe when I see her dead in a full animated cinematic, as Garrosh

No. She already failed plenty of times in BfA, in fact every single scheme of hers ended up backfiring literally in her face one way or another. You don’t need a death scene to know that she’s very clearly not written as some kind of “girl power” agenda.

Let us see if Sylvanas will get away as she did.
If Kerrigan can be retconned, so Sylvanas can be written as they please.

That doesn’t mean she’s not a villain. Tomorrow they could bring back Gul’dan and redeem him. Doesn’t mean you can go around claiming that he is not a villain.

And may I remind you, there was a polygon interview in which the developer stated that both Alliance and Horde are villains and heroes in this expansion.

Your definition of villain, may not be their definition.

Who even cares about what they say, we all know it’s just BS. My definition of villain is everyone’s definition of villain, and it’s very clear that Sylvanas is the villain, especially after 8.2 (if one year after Teldrassil wasn’t enough to realize that).

Remember this was supposed to be a “morally grey” conflict and I think they still believe that.

It never was a morally grey conflict. It stopped being a morally grey conflict with the Burning of Teldrassil.

Doesn’t change the fact that the villain is a crazy woman.

Kinda hard to support that statement when they keep hitting Sylvanas with the villain bat, even after it broke several times. But hell, you could be right since they seem to be going for these Game of Thrones-esque shock value stories. So who knows.

Wrong again.
It is you who refuse to understand.
I already conceded after Erevien, Zarao, Zakkaru and other posts.

I even linked you a post that perfectly illustrated a good example, of that.

I am just chatting with you at the moment and see how far you can go.

Wrong again.
Everything was alright till legion expansion.
Remove BfA from the lore and I am a happy person.

Equal rights say hello.
If Garrosh was killed for being a villain, so will Sylvanas.

She is what the developers say she is.

Activision Blizzard is the one who writes the lore.
They say who is right who is wrong.
If they want someone to die they will die, like Varian and Vol’Jin.
If they want someone to live that character will live.

They are the ones who say what is “morally grey” and what’s not.

Cheers.

Oh ok, so if tomorrow they say that Saurfang is actually a transgender woman, that means he was a transgender woman all along, because Blizzard said it.

Also, I find it hilarious how you think Garrosh dying and Sylvanas not dying is sexist, when it could just be Blizzard having different plans on how to get rid of her. This has nothing to do with “equal rights”. Equal rights? EQUAL RIGHTS?! They are two fictional villains dude, don’t throw around random words just to sound smart. It’s both cringy and insulting that you think equal rights should be applied to VIDEOGAME characters, as if inequality in games was a real issue. But obviously you can’t grasp that because you see the world as being black and white, with everyone having a clear counterpart of the opposite gender, and if anything dares come out of line then it’s clearly because of sexism.

It they want your character to bark she will bark.
If they want her to kneel she will kneel.

I don’t need anyone to tell who I am, or you.

Go back and read again.
Zakkaru, Zarao, Erevien, and others already given me better opinions.

But keep telling yourself in your little narrative, that the Horde is evil and Sylvanas will survive because of Horde bias.

Cheers.

Amazing. You completely missed my point.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.