Theorycrafter apparently exposes how Blizzard handles community feedback

Pandaren: Civil War
i would watch!

1 Like

can someone do a tldr summary

2 Likes

Twitter owner claims that there was ( may be is ) a special forum for some selected players to post their insight on classes.

but people who develop this game for money didnt agree with people who play specific class and theorycraft it for fun.

bonus:
author implies that some developers arent as humble to them as starbucks employee and push back against players theorycraft

also that devs view of the classes includes mostly final x.3.5 version with optimal borrowed powers and they are taking feedback in a condensending manner

And that’s why they left these secret forums and WoW.

sad violin

5 Likes

so was anyone surprised or needed a revelation that ‘‘devs’’ dont read /care about forums or feedback??? i mean this is common knowledge…look at the state of legion, bfa, sl

1 Like

There is no point to hear people that can only parrot something they heard or saw (on youtube). So they chose ones who can have their own.

not really.
I wouldn’t listen much too. except casual feedback cause I would need to bring in the cash.

0,1% feedback is only relevant for bug finding, but game should be at playable and enjoyable level for 99% players imo.

So if average ( not top ) dps parse for X spec is 30% less than Y spec I would feel very bad as balancer.

1 Like

right now its an execute skill (which is great). in pvp it works perfectly well but when implemented into pve, you cant use it on mobs or it will be wasted for when you need it the most.
that is where the problem is in my opinion. again, im just a casual, what do i know, but its just what i think that makes sense. there are simple fixes to this though.

out of context. im saying the things they complain about doesnt affect me and players like me directly, but the changes do and usually for the worse.

It is ultimate power though. If the CD was less, we’d be thanos.

while i [partly] agree with you, you cant ignore the fact if i run a dungeon with 4 bosses, i can only use it 4 times. because if i waste it on a mob, i wont be able to use it on a boss. also dont forget mobs usually come in groups.
btw, i dont any class is stupid enough to put an execute skill as part of a rotation, but it does need to be useful more than 4 times per run.
*anyway, i dont want to get into balancing because again, im just a casual. i wouldnt pretend to know as much as others would. i just know what is fun for me.
i loved the MoP ToD version.

im talking about the mythic+15 and higher. without a shadow of a doubt, plenty of players do mythic+ 9/10 maybe 11 or 12 (maybe) but its rare to get even higher than that on time unless carried. and 15? hell no.

I have job with shifts, have to work 7 days instead of 5 or 6 to have a day off.

And even with that I manage to play in a guild that is top 150 wolrd.

Don’t use the “i have job” excuse if you are terrible at the game.

4 Likes

But it is a fair assumption to make though, wouldn’t you say? If you broaden it out a bit beyond yourself.

Let’s say you sleep 8 hours.
You commute to and from work for 1 hour.
You work 8 hours.
You have friends, family, sports, hobbies, or otherwise, that you spend 3 hours on.
You have obligations like groceries, laundry, dinner, gardening, that you spend 1 hour on.
You have daily routines like showering and pooping and getting ready in the morning that you spend 1 hour on.

Now you got 2 hours left. Good luck with that World First raid kill… :smirk:

WoW is obviously a fairly time-intensive game if you want to play it on anything more than a casual level. It just is. An hour spent playing Fall Guys will give you a lot of bang for the buck, so to speak. An hour playing WoW will barely get you through raid invites!

Lots of people commit the time needed to be amazing at WoW. But in the grand scheme of things, accounting for the millions of people that play the game, then it is a small minority.
This high-end theorycrafting and complaints pertaining to it, it really doesn’t affect as many people in the manner it is often presented to do.

2 Likes

If people are not capable to spare not even 5hrs at week for raiding is not a game issue.

It was obvious the development team disregarded player feedback the moment bfa launched with butchered classes, who relied on artifact weapons in legion to function, azerite armor with subpar traits, and Ion admitting later on that the necklace system and corruptions were built mid-expansion because the player numbers dropped through the floor.

2 Likes

What I find most dubious about this report is that with Shadowlands, they very clearly are listening to the feedback. Multiple times, people complained about something and they actually went and changed it.

So they didn’t pull the ripcord. They made a design decision, and they’re free to do it. From everything else, it doesn’t seem like they’re this bunch of arrogant pricks who ignore everything players tell them. At least not with this expansion.

That’s not the point.

The point is to recognize that the concerns presented by many high-end theorycrafters don’t really affect that many players, or have dire consequences for very many.

I mean, when a new expansion or patch is released, then WoW always sees a surge in subscribers. It’s temporary and it quickly goes down again. But nevertheless, what do those millions of players do when they choose to buy the latest expansion or subscribe to play the latest patch?
Do they pursue world firsts or high dungeon keys?
No.
They level up.
They just play through the leveling experience, dip their toes in the early endgame content, and quit. That’s it. That’s the WoW experience to most people.

Most people don’t go anywhere near anything called progression or competitive or hardcore or whatever. The bulk of players are as casual as you can possibly imagine. Their concerns are not high-end theorycrafting about marginal dps differences in a multi-dot raid encounter. They’re about having cool /dance animations for their new Vulpera Warrior.

2 Likes

Then?

Mine attenction is not that, is to dumb excuse
“i do LFR becouse I have a job”

Think the other way around then. Don’t you think your feedbacks can negatively affect my game experience?

They are completely disregarding feedbacks from best players so… XD

Warrios told them during Wod that Arms was not fun and… Turns out, arms was not fun.

On the same time, they don’t. Those who had their own on Azerite were not listened at and we got that awful system.

Ask Paladin and monks mains then.

On the topic : I’m advocating for replacing all designers team by more competent ones and that would show respect for players rather than being condescending. I mean, this is how we ended up with whirlwind as a single target filler…

1 Like

How the hell do you raid in a high end guild when you work in shifts? Do you work 5h a day or something? Or is your guild one of those super late hours guild?

3 Likes

But if that’s someone’s explanation for why they play the game the way they do, then that’s perfectly understandable.

I also play super casually these days, because real life obligations get in the way of committing more to the game.

That’s not something that needs to be refuted as if it’s an argument by saying that you can just learn2play and take it more serious.

It’s simply a recognition that people are overwhelmingly casual players and that these high-end concerns about design and balance aren’t really affecting all players the same - through they’re often presented as if they do.

1 Like

We raid from 21:15 (not that much late is still considered evening in our country)
till 24:15 and we extend past that if needed.

I work 7h at day, plus extra time if nedded