There's a Cathedral in WoW. Why not a mosque?

You could say the same of Stormwind then. It’s inspired by Central/Northern European Culture. Not Christianity.

IRL Religion has no place in this game and I’m glad they keep it out of WoW. It’s a fantasy game. The only thing people worship is Sylvanas or the Light.

65 Likes

The reason is; it just didn’t come up in aesthetics yet.
There’s not really many zones where such a building would fit, when it comes to aesthetics and architecture. There’s not really been a culture where such a building would fit.

So, who knows… Maybe in the future we’ll see such a thing.
Of course it should still be linked to WoW’s religions and not real ones. No mentions of Allah, Muhammad, Quran etc. It could be a light worshipping thing, or any of the other options.

But, there is a problem; muslim culture has proven to be much more prone to being insulted and reacting in an aggressive manner than most other religions. So what happens if this depiction in game is not to the taste of islam’s radical followers? It’s safer then to just not do it, is it not?

9 Likes

i dont think thats what Invicted was going for. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I know, I was hoping he’d give say it a little more straight, for reasons.

1 Like

I don’t care, I feel a mosque wouldn’t be a bad addition to an area like uldum (which seems to have more islam influences), but randomly putting one in stormwind seems odd.

1 Like

I believe some of the engineering items were inspired by Muslim culture so there’s that. Notice how i say inspired. you have to use something as inspiration for game design…

church like buildings though actually make sense since we have priests and paladins ingame. some of my personal favourite zones tuck some really cool inspiration by Egyptian and Asian culture.

that said, there doesn’t seem to be much culture from a very popular religion. Jediism. suppose we have a few swords which are lightsabre like. not to mention the other nearly 10k religions we have nothing for, which is defiantly for the best. actual religion has no place in WOW IMO.

using things as creative inspiration is one thing, actually putting religious trash in would ruin whats left of this game.

6 Likes

And you didn’t read what I wrote. Just because there is a reference to one religion, doesn’t mean there needs to be reference to all other religions that exist. This inclusivity bs is what ruins games and movies these days. More inclusive =/= Higher quality. And I will always take higher quality over that.

6 Likes

Yes. And warriors are literally wielding 2handers taller than they are tall and heavier than their own weight, while leaping 40 yards away multiple times and spinning around faster than millisecond pulsars.

3 Likes

Alright, I’ll take the bait for the fun of it.

All religions are there, it was just oversimplified on purpose.

So all good religions are “The Light” and all bad religions are “The Void (Or Fel)”.

This way, theres no insult to any religion because ALL religions are now 1!

However, sad for some people who may feel insulted that they must share their religion with a religion that they don’t believe but, who gives a fudge about them right?

It’s a fantasy game, enjoy it, keep IRL related things such as religion in REAL life like they were meant to be.

Oh god, can of worms there lad, people will want to know where certain religions fall on that notion xD

DEFINE BAD

can think of a few religions which have done some pretty shady deeds over the years.

this seems like the type of topic you’d burned at the stakes for in the game there is only the holy light :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Just like this threads logic, I want this can to not just open… I threw tnt in it and hope it blew it’s contents everywhere!

You did the same thread on your hunter .
I really used to like you and the irony you posted but now you are nothing more then a sour toxic spammer .

2 Likes

Bad: Not Good.
Good:

10 Likes

This, just this.

Peoples personal subjective but to put it in WoW’s pov:

Do you want to end all life? Create Chaos for the sake of it? Lesser beings are but slaves to obey you? The Void welcomes you to it’s evil grasp… However remember, you’re just a tool for it’s goals.

Do you love life? Do you want to hug every creature in the world? Do you think the world should be at peace and that love is the ultimate power? The Light will embrace you! However… Misbehave once and well… Look at Arthas, all it took was -one- bad day.

Yeah, the word “cathedral”, “bishop” and “paladin” are totally not inspired by Christian cultrue.

Sure, Puny, sure. Whatever.

1 Like

I see, it only works that way if it’s favour of your point of view.

Noted.

10 Likes

I’m waiting for you to show me a non-Christian cathedral or bishop.

Isn’t that all of them? :thinking:

4 Likes

Has anyone attempted to ask OP if they could find any Dialogue connected to these Christian and Egyptian Gods by their names?