Things you'd like to see return!

PvP-vendor with a system similar to MoP/WoD with PvP-gear that upscales as soon as you enter PvP-combat.

You had the perfect system in place during these expansion, why the hell did you change it Blizzard?

Tier sets or at least good looking sets that are unique to your class and match the class fantasy.

And I want my weapons back on my hunter, shooting at close distance with a bow is just stupid.

I want to be able to make great aoe combos like in Classic on my mage with fire, frost and arcane spells.

I want to use holy spells on my shadowpriest and skip all this insanity nonsense, it’s shadow priest and not void priest.

In short: A lot of spells back in general. Give us one more bar row and it’s sorted.

Don’t know why they removed reforging, I liked it.

I want to make a choise what gear to get, no more handing in manapears, nethershards and whatnot to finally get the stats you want.

Logging in sometimes feels like you have a job to do rather than going on an adventure, like it was in TBC until I had to do daylies.

I hope we go back to being adventurers, no more bowing to hero commander and everyone running around with a “unique” legendary. I quite liked the order halls and filling up the weapon but not everyone being the greatest fighter of all time.

Profession daily CDs.

Class based things like quests, class halls etc.

Zones that don’t scale to your level. Mobs getting stronger as you level up is annoying.

PvP servers or at the very least better motivation to have war mode enabled and it being harder to switch on/off.

1. Tier Sets- This was the main reason why I liked raiding and why I got excited when new raid opened.
  2. Gems/Enchanting- being able to use previous expansion enchants/gems on my gear if current expansion doesn’t add more.
  3. PVP vendors
  4. Old Loot Rules - Need before Greed and so on
  5. Old Loot Drops- I totally dislike how now you get gear now. You run dungeon and get few drops at the end of the raid. Old times every boss in dungeon dropped few pieces and those who wanted needed/greeded.
  6. CC in Dungeons- I liked when in dungeons you had to CC some mobs, focus on same mob and kill them one by one without breaking CC’s. It meant that players couldn’t just be braindead & do their rotation. They actual had to plan and execute accordingly. Stronger your group was, the smoother the rans became.

This was never a thing unless you had a really bad group. I’m also playing classic now and no one CCs anything even though everyone has terrible gear(greens and blues).

They tried to implement it a few times though, like early Cata. People didn’t like it and they nerfed dungeons back to AoE fests again. If you want to see CC, you have to do mythic+ I guess.

I do not know if I said this or not, but …

No more temporary power gains. Let my class be whole. From start to end.

3 Likes

I think a step towards that (with the current crafting system in mind) could be an item drop in relevant content that will determine the item level of the crafted gear. E.g. if you complete an M10 as a crafter you should get an item that will enable you to craft one item with a level of 430. Or maybe require more items to ramp up the TTC for crafted gear.

If you really wanted to push crafting, make those items BoE, so you could have gear crafted for you without having to find a crafter that actually does the content you’re gearing up for.

1 Like

Less RNG. More focused loot systems.

You want that ring? You know you’re gonna get it in dungeon X or raid Y, profession Z. Do that. Get it. All done.

I’m honestly hoping for a no titanforge expansion. No more random sockets and titanforge and warforge and corruptforge. IF that happens, I’ll be happy enough.

Sound like you didn’t start play before Woltk or Wotlk prepatch. Good luck going in BC heroic without any kind of CC, in dungeon blue gear at extension start. Even normal instance 70 needed some CC.

Classic is not vanilla: talent, accumulated nerf of dungeons, more efficient gear available. CC during vanilla were used.

Because WoTLK and theses 2 years of 5 mens without any kind of difficulty.

I agree to all this. Specially the scaling.

For DK, I want presences, 2H frost and old death’s advance back. Also, I want army of the dead for all specs. I couldn’t care less about raise dead on blood and frost. Such a useless thing to bring back lol.

Also, I want Shen’dralar and Zaldalar Tribe reputations to become obtainable again. Those who got them before Cata have the achievement to prove it anyway. Vol’jin’s Spear and Sword of Wrynn Ashran reputations were removed and then returned when Ashran became available as an epic battleground, so it’s not like they can’t return those two in some way as well.

In terms of crafting, it would be nice to see crafting choices again, weapon smith or armor smith, primal LW etc etc

I agree with a lot of things said in this thread. On top of that i would also like to see the return of the extra equipmentslot for librams, relics etc. and bow’s/guns for rogues and warriors. I also miss a lot of the old stats. I wish Blizz would bring back a few more instead of just Haste, Crit and Mastery.
Would be nice if we got back the opportunity to play enhancement shaman with a big two-hander, or a fury warrior with two one-handers, frost dk with a two hander etc.

designers who know how to work from a base of making things fun rather than this stilted crap aimed at “engagement” metrics.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.