This game is awful

Every wednesday I open weekly chests I get disappointed and mad and it ruins my day. It’s actually insane how could anyone think that this system is good. There is no other way to get gear other than getting lucky from weekly chest/vision and the difference between having bis gear and corruptions and not is huge. Basically nothing matters now only luck. Are you gonna have 80% versatility or 20%? are you gonna have 10 gushing wounds that will do 50% of your dmg or something useless that will do 10% max?

This expansion is absolutely trash for many reasons but this RNG gearing is by far the worst. It is a one big joke by developers trying to see how low of an effort they can put in to the game and still make people play.

81 Likes

Thank god someone here sees sense

9 Likes

guess many people just gave up already.
Blizz knows that this system is upsetting the players but don’t care enough to implement a vendor or some sort.
They just added one additional source to participate more in the rng clown fiesta and the much disliked horrific visions of boredom

so they heard all the feedback but couldn’t give a damn, because rng time gating increases MAUs. If we had vendors then next month probably many would reach BiS and they are scared people stop playing.
What they don’t realize is that people do not stop playing when the reach BiS. They make alts, or play pvp or other stuff the ACTUALLY WANT TO DO but have no time because of this crap fest we have now

24 Likes

Then don’t play.

16 Likes

Speaking of the weekly chest, there’s a silver lining come Shadowlands where instead of just the 1 you get a choice of 1 from a selection of 3 to pick from.

Blizzard should be doing more to give players choice instead of such an obscene reliance on RNG.

7 Likes

Babysteps, but it’s a good thing.

Some form of choice should Always be top priority, since they’ve removed a lot of choices over the years, and it sucks so bad.

4 Likes

It sucked really bad for PvP’ers when they removed vendors in favour of RNG caches and the pvp weekly chest.

1 Like

The removal of PvP vendors is the stupidest move ever, in line with removal of Valor gear.

17 Likes

So… what happens when you get all the BiS gear on day one?

If anything the only complaint that should be valid is you can’t obtain 475 gear from M+

I’d have preferred if you could spend a significant amount of TR for an ilvl increase to your items this way you can work your way up on good items you get.

An example is this.

Spend 5k/7.5k/10k ( number depends on what blizz deems good enough ) TR to upgrade an item to 465 ilvl, if the item is already 465 ilvl, then the item will ilvl will be increased by 5 up to a maximum of 475 ilvl.

This way, even low ilvl pieces can be worked up to a decent ilvl and since you can put a socket on items, player agency is increased and you can work towards a certain goal.

2 Likes

impossible

because raiders and streamers would whine that they are forced to play the game .

and god forbid they do anything besides raid logging.

7 Likes

All opinions on the matter… matter!

However, I do think a design where it’s actually fun is much more better than a design where it is convoluted for the sake of satisfying a stigma.

Take corruptions for example, corruptions perfectly describes BFA.

A passionate amalgam of blizzard’s doing, where they really did put some hard work into it, but the workload they’ve put on theirselves is way to gigantic to actually complete and you get a half-baked unpolished system.

The workload being trying to satisfy all kinds of players.

Mythic raiders, World questers, M+ players, small groups of friends, solo players, Legacy farmers, pet battlers, Rpers, pvpers and all kinds of players.

The game currently has something for everyone in literally everything.

M+ player? you can benefit from pvp, from raiding, from pet battling from farming world quests.

Which imo is WRONG.

When you take an eagle eye view of things, because blizzard tried to incorporate everything into… everything… they failed to do the simple task of making things actually fun.

What blizzard needs to do imo, and I’ll repeat it is keep the BFA systems, they’re not bad really… the core idea is insanely awesome, it just needs more polish.

Point is.

Caving in to player demands and wasting resources to create yet another fresh system that hasn’t materialized correctly and is not yet polished is exactly what caused the current mess.

Sure some player demands can actually be super good, but not all of them are.

Demands like account wide essences, more player agency and effort = reward are reasonable and should be used to augment the current systems.

2 Likes

Hinata, the problem is more that they say they want to reduce RNG by removing titanforge, then they replace it by the biggest RNG-abomination ever, that tenfold more destroy balance and player agency.

The system was not half-baked, it turned out exactly like they intented. Ion even stated that in two interviews.

5 Likes

Apply for a job at Activision.

3 Likes

xD savage panda.

regarding corruption rng dont bother getting upset, youre not in world first mythic races

No thanks, I would never be able to work there since I’m too honest.

2 Likes

All I wish for is the ability to scrap corruptions for a currency so I then can buy a tier 1 corruption effect and proceed to collect more currency to upgrade it.

My dopamine kick comes from being high up on the meters while doing a good job with mechanics and progressing in mythic raid.

One could argue that a living player deals more damage than a dead one, but put that aside I’d love to also have corruptions powerful to top the meters.

Corruption effects like twilight or stat increases spices up the game. Not necessarily due to them being broken but they add a bit of pow to wow (pun) which makes it really fun to play repeated content.

2 Likes

They took our freedom to choose the items.
I take my money away from them.

2 Likes

Good, since this is the only way that actually works (I guess).

3 Likes

If you really think you will get a BiS item from the weekly chest you are clearly not well. I’m assuming you most likely want one item among all other pieces that drops from dungeons, which there are roughly 120 of- that’s a 0,8333% chance to get that specific item.

Then add another layer of RNG called corruption which there are at least 13 of. That’s a 7,69% chance you will get that specific corruption effect, and a 33% chance you will get tier 1, 2 or 3 of that effect.

All in together it’s an extremely low chance you will get an item that is BiS.

But is it working?

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes