This game is awful

When u see avoidance pasive on a cloth piece in a system u know its just Blizzard trolling you and making you chase the carrot but ending up with the stick.
I got 3 pare of shoes in my last 3 chests 1 with leech 1 with avoidance and one with i duno wth it was bcs i d/e.

1 Like

Kinda agree. If Shadowlands is not better or is even worse i will finally unsub forever and move on to other games.

just another give me what i want post

1 Like

I dont know about others, but back when PvP vendors were a thing, i would work towards getting full conquest gear and once i got that, meaning i got good gear to compete in actual ranked PvP, i had the time to push ratings or just participate in PvP for fun with the gear i earned through work and effort. It felt good and rewarding…where as ever since they removed PvP vendors, and introduced titanforging, i have ignored PvP all together, zero motivation when all gear is a complete RNG sh!tshow.

To some extent RNG in gearing works in PvE, but for PvP it completely ruins it.

5 Likes

So stop doing stupid mythic+. No more chests. Problem solved! :innocent:

I don’t agree with that notion tbh. It’s far from perfect, but THE worst by far… Nehhh.

1 Like

RNG reliant systems work best when there’s no timegating mechanics. The more timegating you have the less you can have a reliance on RNG. They’re antithetical to one another in terms of enjoyment. Unless things have changed since the last time I played, D3 showers you in drops and ways to grind those failed on the RNG side of things, drops. Into something useful and usable, while you force the RNG to spin a moderately decent amount of times to eventually “win” what you’re after or close to it a “perfect rolled” item. If you had timegating in D3, the system would fail.

It’s just my opinion based on what I can observe so YMMV of course, but as far as I can tell, you can have one but not the other and a heavy reliance on both creates an insanely anti-fun system which is designed to breed burnout and disappointment.

Blizzard need to choose ONE. Time gating. Or a heavy reliance on RNG. They can’t eat their cake and still have it by having both heavily relied upon.

2 Likes

Totally agree with you there.

RNG doesn’t belong in PvP.

However it should stay in pve.

2 Likes

Granted that the item level is low and not at all on par with pve gear, pvp gear is the least RNG we have. Since by capping each week you can choose one piece of gear with some limitations in mind regarding secondary stats.

But I still feel like they can keep the RNG on dungeon items. It allows you to “progress” by repeating them. For let’s say the sought after geti’ikku from kings rest.

Just add a currency and ability to buy rank 1 corruptions and let us upgrade it further by repeating content in hunt for more currency. Still keeps us playing but lowers this absurd abomination of RNG we currently have. Hell, even let it stay at rank 1 corruptions. Because having rank 1 corruptions of a good corruption beats getting leech/avoidance/echoing void etc on any rank.

The RNG is what makes an RPG game great.

However, there are two types of RNG, frustrating one and fun one.

What blizzard needs to do imo is just keep the insane level of RNG but add anti-RNG elements like people have been asking for.

Give us the ability to corrupt items.

Give us the ability to upgrade items.

And then we have a fun unique system.

2 Likes

I mean, i agree mostly, id rather be able to work towards a goal, like it used to be, rather than how it is now, a completely random mess, and from what i can tell, most people would agree.

Man, i miss the days of PvP vendors, not only because of the vendors alone alone, but because back then i loved PvP no matter have balanced or unbalanced it was, having those goals - honor gear, conquest gear, ratings…etc - i was always motivated to participate, even if that meant just to hit the weekly conquest cap, but most of the time i was motivated to get back into the arena and try pushing ratings, bad as i was. to test my mettle with the gear i obtained through effort, as back then, you gradually felt the ‘‘growth’’ with every peace you bought.
Suffice to say, that all ended with Legion, in Warlords i still participated all the time.

I do not agree. I find that story makes RPgs great and power gains and RNG is just game mechanics that can or cannot exist and less RNG, better the story telling trough interactive actions.

This diablo 3 style doesn’t work obviously.

It works for diablo 3 because you get like 300 legendary items a hour,one item is at least going to be useful.

Here,you get 2 epic items per hour (MAYBE)

don’t forget the ring turtles.

The main problem was always that we couldn’t get azerite from M+

If we could get azerite from M+, the box would just serve as an extra ‘‘bonus’’ for pushing challenging content, but instead it acts as the gatekeep to be able to do harder content in the first place

This is why mobs should drop mats instead items and we should craft our gear/items and customize them as we want without relying on dumb RNG :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

this, i loved the gear crafting in early Guild Wars 2 for this, you gathered mats and put in different sigils you could craft to get X piece of gear with ABC stats, it felt very good to have a checklist like that

1 Like

While I dislike GW2 the crafting of your own gear is a definitive big PLUS for any MMO which can make it happen :slight_smile:

Wait… You are telling me, you don’t like more Ilvl but -best stat +worst stat and a few K dmg on yourself for a 3% versatility buff?

Yeah, it’s a joke, all systems of BFA except for maybe Warmode has been a joke and corruption are way worse than titanforging could ever be, no clue what they were thinking there. Players: We want less RNG and dumb luck systems, Blizzard: Corruption herp derp. Impossible to do good dps or play arenas without good corruptions. (Compared to ppl that actually have good ones I mean.)

I’ve been running visions and M+ as well as raids every week and my corruptions are still trash, most of them bottom tier none above middle. My gf who is a healer got a corruption that proc only on melee attacks… What? xD

At least it can’t get much worse than this although that’s not a very good thing though I’m sure Blizz finds a way to make it even more horrible for the players paying them insane amounts of money, they are after all pretty good at that.

Funny though, they had the same system for bfa but it got scrapped before launch.

Is it the game ? Or your life ?

1 Like