This is disgusting

This is the first time I’m posting on any forum… desperate times call for desperate measures. I stay out of stuff like this because devs are devs to know what ideas are good and what ideas are not. And if not, they get around eventually and respond to available feedback from players. But this time they just lost it. LOST IT.

If you’re here to post “when the horde dominated war mode and camped us with 40 man raids…bla bla”, stop, don’t bother, go away. I got in 40 man raids just to raid Boralus (alliance did the same with the port and camps in kul’tiras). I was never the one to go after lowbies, or camp someone, I may even just passed by you if you aren’t geared, but now I’m on full mode hate and disgust and I’LL DRAIN EVERY COLORED NAMEPLATE I SEE. (Oh, not to mention that STV is full of 80k hp allies camping lowbies. What’s the point? I don’t get it. What’s the deal with this?)

War mode idea is great, I have it on since I hit 120. I couldn’t care less if I’m getting ganked by a whole raid or if I’m getting killed 20 times by the same rogue. IT’S PART OF THE GAME. GETTING KILLED IS PART OF THE GAME. What bothers me is that those little brats complain and cry and throw a tantrum because they get killed. Because they are in war mode. Just to get that 10% xp (now 30%). They don’t care about pvp, they just want the xp, so they get offended if they get killed.
No matter how much free stuff you give them, they will just turn it on to get the reward, then toggle it off until the reward becomes available again. At least add some form of punishment for this wm toggling.

This doesn’t feel like Blizzard, this feels like a custom private server, a bad one. Giving free* gear to only some players, free xp, TONS of bugs piling up. And while I don’t really mind non game breaking bugs, I can’t understand how this got approved as a viable solution. This must be the laziest and low budget thing you guys thought of. THIS IS GAME BREAKING.

You wanted people into war mode? Then why are you punishing us who are into war mode? Instead of making it more enjoyable for the outnumbered faction, you are ruining it for all of us by forcing people into it just for a piece of gear.

Some constructive criticism since it appears you guys are all out of ideas:
Why not make some pvp daily quests, that reward honor and/or a box?
Why, instead of giving them free stuff, don’t you wrap that “reward” in a huge air drop, announce it dropping off somewhere and both factions can make groups and fight.

Don’t bother with “turn wm off”. I’d rather cancel my subscription than turn wm off.
Don’t bother with “switch to ally”. I’d rather never play wow again than switch to alliance.

*free since it’s a joke of a quest

12 Likes

This whole 30% WM bonus for the underrepresented faction is, in theory, a good idea. It could be a great idea, if we were in 2004 and this had been Blizzard’s firs year of WoW development.
Instead, what it lead to, is these kind of situations, that only cause frustration in players (qq horde tears waaaah). For example, today i wanted to do the invasion in Drustvar, WM on, for the achiev. A whole freakin’ raid of alliance camped 2 of 5 quests, killing everyone they came across. I get that PVP is kind of the point of WM, but in this case, it just leads to toxic behaviour.
And as Pink stated, it’s starting to feel like a bad private server.

7 Likes

i don’t care how they solve this, but a weekly 400 level item and 30% wm xp is not fair

9 Likes

It’s nerfed to ilvl385/25%.

But this idea is still the biggest fail since someone at blizzard HQ stumbled over a network cable and let the servers offline for 3-4 days back in wotlk. ^^

5 Likes

if you look at the statistics on my server only 37% horde players and they were dominating prior to the 30% buff you can say that the Alliance does not like pvp or warmode they could easily outnumber the Horde if they wanted.

They are just doing it for the Rewards its an easy win. I also saw a forum post on NA that Alliance players will turn off Warmode if the buff drops and the Quest is no longer available.

3 Likes

No! No, no, no! No way! This is not fair! Please solve this!

1 Like

Judging by the way you’ve rationalized the issue, it seems to me like you’re the type of person who’d complain if the horde got a 1% bonus over you.
But hey, they nerfed the FREE reward you get a bit, so that makes it all ok now!

4 Likes

I mean, i’m just enjoying doing my emisarry today being ganked six times in twenty minutes, of two of them were flightpaths camped by an entire raid, simpletons dont even get the idea behind honorless targets i guess, but yea this is fine right, world pvp is dumbed down to insta dead on landing for a stupid gear reward on top of the increased world q rewards, gg

4 Likes

I know you liked when you had 10% bonus in wm unopposed but for the sake of game blizzard want competetive wpvp where horde and alliance are as equal as possible. So dont cry for past times when every wq was camped by 5-10 hordies vs none or 1-2 allies and accept the challenge that you can die in wpvp while doing quests becouse that is the goal.

3 Likes

You had 10% too.

One faction getting free stuff and the other not is not equal.

Are you kidding? Challenge? 40 vs 2 is challenge?

Have you even read the post? Please return to your cave.

8 Likes

equal , competetive, raid size gank squads is your idea of what warmode world pvp is supsoed to be? at least we aren’t mass dissabling warmode like you lot

3 Likes

please tell me what warmode server you are on? cause I haven’t seen any equal Horde vs Alliance for the last month. and clearly you do not speak for all Alliance I know for sure if the Horde will get 15-20% and the quest the Alliance will mass Disable warmode,

2 Likes

They already mass disabled. They only turn it on for the quests and then off. And they got the buffs again.

And then they come and cry on the forums “horde bias horde bias”.

4 Likes

There are too many Horde pure pve’ers in wm, result of a phasing issue at start of bfa led to excess Horde in wm shards. This resulted in Alliance turning off wm, and more Horde turning on for free 10% bonus. Over time, even though phasing issue got fixed, the trend of imbalance continued. That was not good for war mode, something had to be done.

The reward system increases Alliance activity in wm, and naturally results in reducing Horde pure pve’ers in wm. The incentive for the outnumbered is required for this to work.

Blizz’s solution is having the intended effect so far. WM needs a better balance of not just wm pop in general, but also the different player types; wpvpers, pve wpvpers, and inevitable pure pve’ers. Ideally, we end up with wm shards with a better balance of players intending to wpvp.

Doesn’t matter when they turn on wm. It matters that they wpvp when it is on. Doesn’t matter what happens in wm, ganking etc, as long as there’s killing. That’s wpvp.

2 Likes

And it was equal when for months it was other way around ? Now it is still better for horde. Situation snowballed in huge size and now blizzard just must compensate it becouse horde forced even cofirmed alliance pvp players to turn it off becouse situation was so bad. Now balance is slowly restoring and rewards will not by here forever. If you have better idea how to balance wm you are free to elaborate.

2 Likes

Let’s just admit that the devs were just lazy. There could’ve been plenty of ways to get the outnumbered faction into pvp. Giving free stuff will do nothing for balance.

2 Likes

It has had an immediate effect.

2 Likes

Except it’s not balance. Alliance is turning on wm just for rears and then off again. As such during a 7 day period there will still be imbalance and alliance will get the buff forever.

1 Like
  • The extra rewards were meant to encourage more Alliance to participate but also to make Horde who did not like PvP to turn it off.

No idea what’s so good about this?! Horde likes to PvP, but they like it too much for Blizzard’s standards because Alliance is bunch of losers at pvp so let’s make horde quit pvp unless they REEAAAALLY super-duper like PvP (which more often than not AFTER THIS CHANGE includes getting ganked by the loot-crazed 40man alliance raids at every flight path all while Horde gets nothing for fighting)?

As a Horde PvP player I feel this is unfair and it ruins my game experience. Give both sides equal rewards and maybe the numbers get equal.

Let us make a comparison.
A soccer club gets good and keeps winning the title. FIFA nerfs them by not allowing them to play in full numbers but have only 9 players instead of 11 and when they win a match they don’t get paid at all. They explain to everyone that this is because bad soccer clubs need to have a chance too.

4 Likes

The way I see it, a possible solution to the problem is to impose a ,cooldown" mechanic on activating and deactivating warmode with a minimum duration of 24 hours. My personal biggest concern with these types of mechanics is that while it does indeed engage players in extra content in a successful way it also adds a layer of complexity which can and will be exploited by players in a natural way as any other mechanic.

The purpose is thus, not to necessarily disregard the mechanic - but to enforce a constraint which combats this default tendency and behavior.

A 24 hour cooldown for toggling warmode would correct this since it adds extra weight to making this decision.

2 Likes