This is getting ridiculous

This is a pay to play game, with expansions that get released after a year or two, that cost money aswell.
Blizzard started adding mounts into the game since WotLK. I urge you to visit a video from TotalBiscuit, who explains how unethical these mounts actually are, because the majority of them looks like they were supposed to drop from a raid/dungeon boss.

The man was ahead of his time…

Now, to address the elephant in the room. It’s starting to get out of hand. These unethical business practises. It’s absolutely disgusting. With BfA, they have added a LOT of store mounts, even more than WoD. On top of that we not only got a 6 month deal once, not twice, but three times now, WITHIN AN EXPANSION.

Blizzard is desperate for players and its showing with these ridiculous things they keep throwing out.

8 Likes

WTS Pitchforks and Torches.

7 Likes

How are they unethical when you’re not forced to buy them? You literally don’t need to buy them to play and they don’t give any unfair advantage to anyone whatsoever. Besides, they aren’t special at all. If i see someone on a mount that is hard to get i am impressed. When i see someone on a shop mount its like whatever you paid cash to get a mount that you like. So what?

If this game was free to play, they’re free to force whatever microtransaction garbage they want within it. The fact that we pay to play this game and they add things on top of it that cost money is ridiculous.

I think the new fey transmog set is AMAZING! I’ve always wanted to roleplay as the Joker on WoW, and now my time has finally come to fulfill my dream! :dancer:

Well you’re still not forced to buy them and it doesn’t affect anything other than appearence.

blizz: thanks for subscribing for 6 months heres a free mount/cosmetic set to go with your subscription also available on the shop for those that dont want to commit to 6 months

you: OUTRAGEOUS, RIDICULOUS, HOW DARE BLIZZ… DISGUSTING GREED

same old nonsense every. damn. time.

5 Likes

It’s getting rid of one of the most beloved forms of progression in the game. This would have been a cool collection set to get for doing like a Darkmoon Faire questline, and instead of putting in time and effort and dedication and love into the game, it’s just money.

And also, why on earth does Blizzard spend time on this, when there are races that still don’t have a heritage armor, or the fact that there are insane issues with the game that are still not fixed up, but we have time to put up a transmog MTX? Do you know how Blizzard used to keep the subscriptions of the playerbase running back in the day? Instead of bundling it with a garbage transmog set, they used to care about the integrity of the game.

This is exactly what happened with the Call of Duty community. They got the weapon skin microtransactions which ruined one of the best progression paths in the game, which is unlocking all the available skins for your guns (f.e. if you do all the skin challenges for say SMGs, then you unlock the Diamond Camo for all SMGs).

However, for the CoD fanbase, money was never the issue, whereas here IT IS a huge issue - alongside of course the fact that it’s ruining the cosmetic progression here as well. The average WoW player spends a lot more than the average CoD player. We buy the game every two years, we keep a sub fee rolling (lots of people doing so on multiple accounts), and on top of that, we have millions of different microtransactions in the game. At some point, the greedyness is too much.

2 Likes

The payment model of a game has nothing at all to do with whether there’s a cash shop or not.

I do however wish to thank you for exposing this awful practice of a seemingly perfectly legit business trying to make money.

BTW Businesses don’t have morals, or ethics, or emotions, they exist for one prime reason, to make money for the shareholders.

1 Like

There far cooler things to actually obtain that you can’t pay for. Also there is far more than enough things to farm. I literally have 24 amazing sets among my alts that nobody will ever be able to just buy. You’re only focusing on this one set right now… Besides, you’re not paying for the set here. You’re paying for discounted 6 months worth of gametime. The set is a side reward.

Greek players ask for cheaper subs so Blizzard double down on paid mounts/transmogs :joy: :joy:

The American way!

:money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings:

3 Likes

Don’t buy it then. Vote with your wallet. It’s the only vote that counts.

In fact, the democracy of the free market does not agree with you, at all.

This is not a compulsory purchase, it is a rather bad transmog set. People will buy it. Considering the labor that went into it versus how much they’ll make off of it, the profit margin on one transmog set is insane compared to the entire Shadowlands, plus all your subscriptions for 2 years.

Hear it out - you have one set for $20. Then you have Shadowlands - $40, plus $15x24 months for a total of $400. So your entire Shadowlands experience is the value of around 20 transmog sets. All the zones, the voice acting, quests, cinematics, cutscenes, dungeons, raids, and the 3-4 content patches down the line. And I didn’t even mention the transmog sets we are getting with shadowlands. How many are there on release? 10? 15?

Now consider this. Since 2004, we’ve seen an inflation of 35.74%. That means, had WoW kept up with inflation, the sub cost would be around $21 now. WoW has become significantly cheaper over the years. You’re spending $180 a year on subs, when in fact you should be spending $252 a year if the game kept up with inflation. You get 2 itemshop vanity items per year, for a total of $40 (and you can get them for free if you choose a better subscription plan), so even that puts you at $32 less than what the game would cost had it kept with inflation.

WoW’s subscription-exclusive plan is rather doomed, you have capitalism to thank for that. In order to simply keep up with inflation, Blizz has to either jack up the sub cost or introduce alternative monetizations.

If you compare the costs of literally everything has skyrocketed over the past 15 years. Only games haven’t kept up with inflation. In fact, 2020 is the first year since the 50s when we’re seeing negative inflation (which has its problems, like making the real value of debt go up, but overall it makes money worth more)

2 Likes

not even in the slightest

the helmets didnt remove anything either… not like people suddenly never used another helm just like plenty wont even wear this set or care for it

good lord people are making a mountain out of a molehill

1 Like

Sure, okay. I havent been unsubbed for 8 months yet I don’t have it.

My friend has her WoW sub on a 3 month recurring option. She doesn’t have the transmog.

Blizzard is selling themselves short with this. When you have an amazingly well done set locked behind a paywall instead of something you can progress towards, it just makes the integrity of the game worse.

2 Likes

Profiteering is great. That’s basically what it is at this point. Sub numbers drop? NP grab a few donuts willing to throw extra money at us to cover up the loses. NP

2 Likes

What they put in the MTX shop are stuff that I would actually like to get in the game. I already pay for a subscription, I already pay for buying the expansion. I bought the game, and I would like to be able to do all the content, instead of having to throw adittional money at Blizzard. It’s very simple: it’s consumer unfriendly. I’m already paying 150 euros yearly to play this game, and I also buy the expansions every 2 years. Nobody who has any sense of integrity wants to pay for adittional content in a game that should be fully unlocked for you.

Edit: this copy paste is taken from the Blizzard shop under purchasing subscription.

“With a single subscription you can access both World of Warcraft and World of Warcraft Classic.”

Yeah thats a no, I don’t have access to all the microtransactions in the shop

1 Like

Well its your fault if you pay the full price monthly instead of buying deals like this for a cheaper price and get rewards on top of it. I haven’t paid full price for about 2 years and always got cool rewards for it too. It’s a far better deal than just plain paying money per month and get nothing but gametime. On top of that it’s just a mog set, that nobody will even care about when seeing someone else wear it compared to seeing somewhere who has rare cosmetics that took time and effort to get.

“With a single subscription you can access both World of Warcraft and World of Warcraft Classic.”

This is directly taken from the subscription option in the battle.net shop.

If you buy a subscription, you should have access to everything in the game.

I don’t have access to the Transmog set. Or the billions of mounts. Or companions. Or Toys.

This isn’t a deal, this is lying.

1 Like

And you’re behind on your time, watch the date of the youtube video! Troll…