This is the first time that I feel like some wow-youtubers are destroying gaming culture itself

They are so below the bar of any argumentative quality that they either completely misinterpret partial data with their bias (e.g. bellular making the ludicrous assertion that the 1st kill of normal raiding proves anything about how many players do organized-guild-raiding in 9.1) or they create a juvenile culture of reactions that has the facade of a logical argument but it’s at best comedy and at worst pure trolling (i.e. most if not ALL of asmongold’s “speeches” which are either comedic or completely biased ramblings of a sample of 1 that anyone can come up with in their toilet).

It is time people stop taking those people seriously; I keep hearing “wow is dying and ff14 is taking over” from people watching those hacks and they have no idea ff14 is purely a warcraft meme these days because of those wow youtubers because nobody outside the mmo sphere even knows ff14 exists; at the same time I’m personally attacked even in this forum that I don’t interpret data “as well as bellular” when his “1st boss of normal by guilds” thesis was completely ludicrous since organized guilds often don’t even go there and it’s extremely puggable by bads.

24 Likes

So true. Bellular is literally the Trisha Paytas of Warcraft.

Pumping up outrage drama content strategically to keep continuous engagement for his channels.

15 Likes

They are not as good as Blizzard is at destroying stuff like games, people’s fun, reputations AND EVIDENCE IN THE LAW SUITE AGAINST THEM!!!

https://www.wowhead.com/news/california-expands-discrimination-lawsuit-against-activision-blizzard-citing-323900

PS. Wonder if the story scripts where amongst those documents and that is why the lore is so messed up.

10 Likes

I think it would be good if FF took over at least more casual player base since that’s what the game is good at. WoW has been for far too long in its confort zone and it’s clear the creativity of the game has dropped and perhaps that would make wow devs take a lesson from other games as well instead of coming up with nonsense like Covenant system or conduits.
Wow has so much potential for its gameplay and claas diversity yet all that is being wasted…

I agree with you but I do think that Blizzard has done way more damage to WoW than any content creator ever could, and that makes me sad.

6 Likes

Nobody takes the streamers seriously, their job is to entertain.

And they just don’t stop have a look at this:

https://www.wowhead.com/news/california-expands-discrimination-lawsuit-against-activision-blizzard-citing-323900

Shredding evidence? What is next?

7 Likes

Right behind you on this, because it’s annoyed me a long time that people who gain such success and fame on such platforms have immense egos and act as if any word they say is FACT when anyone with a non-bias view of them and the content they peddle can see it is not the case.

I might be old and jaded but I frankly have not even bothered to listen to these people or even look at the content they have put out in the last 3-4 years I did in the past but even then I disagreed with it loudly then as much as I do now and if indeed what you said in your post is true OP it means they have even less credibility than they have had in the past.

Would be really great if they all just stopped trying to make :poop:stick to this game we have a lot of :poop:going on with the legal issues and so on and these people are bent on destroying the game because they assume all players are on the same wavelength as them when it actually is not the case I would like them to kindly **** off and move on and be mature adults and allow the people who leave the game to leave it and those who continue to stick by it to do so.

Also, these people seem to forget that there are hard-working people whose careers and livelihoods rely on this game and a lot of decent and innocent people who work for Blizzard are having a really rough time at the moment and likely they must be really let down by a few dozen so-called influencers on youtube/twitch keeping this going on and on.

I will get off my soapbox but I do agree to the OP with you wholeheartedly.

6 Likes

OMG!!! NEW DRAMA! LEAK! BLIZZARD Desterroyeyeydyd Documents regarding CORPORATE DRAMA ACCUSATIONS (which literally happens to every company in California right now because of its crazy left wing government) CLICK NOW!! BE OUTRAGED!! :fist:t2::fist:t2::fist:t2::fist:t2:

also pls subscribe to my channel and like the video for the YouTube algorithm

10 Likes

Are you for real? It’s from Wowhead. This is not streamer BS it’s Blizzard BS.

5 Likes

im not watching any streamer or youtuber. blizzard killed wow themself with all these borrowed power time gated crap to minmax tokens sales and MAUs.

they sold out wow for short term profit and now its over.

dont need any youtuber or streamer to tell me that all their products in the last years have been crap (except classic but which is also worse quality and gets 0 love and care comapred to any 5man ruski pserver)

12 Likes

I know! You’d think the hole they’ve dug is already big enough!

I couldn’t care less if they shredded documents. Name me a corporation that doesn’t do that.

1 Like

IT’S ILLEGAL. It’s not that hard to understand. Nobody but blizzard deserves any blame here.

5 Likes

Welcome to the real world. Just because you heard it here first it doesn’t make it special.

1 Like

I’m starting to think those people are generating hype for youtubers dying channels, they post so much about it. No publicity is bad publicity.

4 Likes

I was about to say we should stop taking you seriously, but then I realized we never started.

9 Likes

Was about to say the same thing.

If you don’t like their views, don’t watch. Don’t give them headspace. If you’re enjoying the game, carry on doing so without inviting someone else’s opinion into the mix.

1 Like

well if i would be in charge of the social media i would make a change on the content creators.

Why?
when guilds had their own small world and felt they were making history people were more content vs when you see all the MFR, AWC, MDI and YTbers which make you feel small and unimportant.

What?
for a health of the game only casual ytbers with entertaining personality should be able to stream game for free.
others should pay % and be on contract which binds them.

also: casual content should be a focus, it should be fun to stream. the elite players arent loyal - they all jumped ship and took all the audience blizz helped them to build with them.

Its every expansion the same story. Wow is dead, runes of magic taking over… rift taking over, warhammer online taking over etc…

People will always cry. And when crying gets you more viewers its even better.

1 Like