This is the first time that I feel like some wow-youtubers are destroying gaming culture itself

I doubt bel makes millions (on his personal income) in a month, but their revenue is definitely above youtube counts. They are a company with a few employees and they have sponsors each episode advertising for them (at the very least).

Sorry for replying to your points and calling you out on them. I didn’t realize it wasn’t allowed. Should we just let you make pointless spam posts every couple hour and just agree with you quietly?

But I guess disagreeeing with you make me a narcissist. Let me give you another definition, you seem to need a lot of those lately.

narcissism

/ˈnɑːsɪsɪz(ə)m,nɑːˈsɪsɪz(ə)m/
noun

noun: narcissism

1. excessive interest in or admiration of oneself and one’s physical appearance.

Psychology
selfishness, involving a sense of entitlement, a lack of empathy, and a need for admiration, as characterizing a personality type.
Psychoanalysis
self-centredness arising from failure to distinguish the self from external objects, either in very young babies or as a feature of mental disorder.

Now let’s see, you make several spam posts every single day on at least 3 characters as far as I’ve noticed, most of which consist of elevating yourself above others and repeating yourself endlessly instead of explaining yourself or coming up with new arguments (because you’re incapable of either), you never admit to being wrong and instead delete your own posts if you notice they may be wrong, and you constantly call everyone around names that you don’t understand the meanings of. You misinterpret people’s points, you put words in their mouth that they never said ane form your points around that (that’s Strawmaning, you love calling that one too), and you complain about things that aren’t happening.

Meanwhile I reply to a few of your posts and call you out on stupid and incorrect points that you make. I’m not trying to be the center of attention, unlike you, I just reply to things when I feel like it.

Who fits the definition of narciccist more in this case?

You explicitly said “they” make mllions monthly and even added “or weekly”. Your argument was clear on that.

I never denied that Asmongold makes millions, you put those words in my mouth.

I never denied that Bellular might make millions, you put those words in my mouth too. I only said they can’t be even close to making millions in profits every month, or a week considering their sub and view counts. But yeah, that a company making not just WoW news, but also game industry news in general, on top of also owning their own game studio, it is not surprising that over a period of time, they will, as a company, make over a million. Hell, given enough time, I’ll make over a million working my job. Pointless argument, pathetic attempt to spin it around to save your skin.

Streamers like asmon often get big bursts of income depended on the stream itself. E.g. when he first streamed ff14 he got a gigantic spam of twitch subs (= money), because it was a meme for at least 2-3 days that “asmon quits wow to play ff14 so wow is dying lol”.

Don’t cut yourself on that edge mister nihilist gamer.

Your arrogance is truly astounding. You seem to believe that only you are capable of withstanding the onslaught of the Social-Media commentariat. Everyone else is tainted by viewing the merest glimpse of a Youtube video and have lost all capacity to form coherent toughts or to feel their own emotions.
Your crusade against this Social-Media commentariat befuddles me entirely. Why do you care what other people say on Youtube, Twitter, Forums? Why do you care that other people watch / read these?

It also baffles me that you are far from alone. I mentioned a Youtuber in a comment I posted here and this drew the ire of someone who more-or-less said I had no right ot post on the forums as I had no thoughts of my own.

3 Likes

More like a realist cynic. I can’t stand hearing pretentious data ‘analysis’ that is biased and is based on partial info, or people that think a comedic streamer has anything to say you can’t derive yourself in your shower.

Yes, and my problem is how Gleopatra put them all into one batch as if they all make millions. Asmongold is a giant not just in WoW streaming, but streaming in general. Of course he’ll make a lot more money. But the others, like Preach, Bellular, Taliesin & Evitel… you name them… with their views and subs they are at best well off like a person with a well paying job would be, but not wealthy. And adding “or weekly”, saying that’s a stretch is an understatement. Making millions (plural) every week is a kind of income the biggest streamers and youtubers can’t even begin to dream of. That’s a billionaire’s income.

No. You have the delusion your intelligence is average (so you have the delusion most people understand that asmon is at best comedy and bell a pretentious clickbaiter).

Think of how stupid the average person is; now realise half of them are stupider than that — Carlin

The biggest issue is how OP presents themselves as one who’s figured out the deception and are the only one who’s formed their own opinion after watching a video, yet the moment anyone comes in with a different opinion, they go balistic. At that point it doesn’t matter whether that person is actually a fan of said creator, they automatically get called naive, narcissistic, hypocrotical… and whatever else.

Basically if you don’t hate the streamers/youtubers, it doesn’t matter whether you actually watch them actively, you’re the enemy anyway. Being indifferent is not an option for this person.

1 Like

You are being called a witch-hunting off topic personal attacker. This is THE N’TH TIME THIS WEEK YOU REPLIED IN THIS MANNER.

You said NOTHING on-topic and your ONLY point was to personally attack me.

Yall just crazy or simply jealous, they are entertainers not cult leaders, if u dont like it dont watch, dont go and say i never watch X but i hate him or hes doing something bad, makes no sense, wow forums man… sheesh

I know the perspective from whence these commentators are coming. Just like I know that FOX news has its perspective on a topic and CNN have a different one.
I know Bellular has a rather negative view of current WoW and that Taliesen has a rather pollyannish perspective. I personally would fit somewhere in between these two. I watch both and agree with some things and disagree with some things said by either of them. I don’t really watch Asmon that much.

The difference between you and me here is that I don’t feel like I’m the only person capable of forming my own views (whether or not I’ve seen a youtube video, followed a tweeter, read a particular newspaper or whatever).

The Social Media has some minor influence but isn’t molding peoples’ whole personalities (unless they fall down a Q Anon rabbit hole but that’s a whole other kettle of sharks).

Yeah there’s nothing wrong, let them make millions by making clickbaits for children with nonsensical “analysis” /s.
Your lust to personally attack me make you delve deeper into nonsense by the post.

I’ve said plenty on the topic. Your issue is that you only choose reply to the off-topic things I say, as if you’re trying to avoid actually arguing on the topic. Feel free to go back and reply, I’m not afraid of a discussion.

You are on a crusade. You come to the forum every single day to make OFF TOPIC replies that have absolutely nothing to do with the topic with the mere purpose to personally attack people.

It is clear you have a big problem with narcissism because your real life doesn’t satisfy your ego.

What?
/10 char

You keep accusing me of a being on a crusade against you, yet you’ve never bother to reply to anything I said about that not being the case. You did it in this very post I’m replying to as well. You’re just repeatedly accusing me of things I’m not doing and refuse to actually talk to me on the topic. I’m openly inviting you to actually reply to the relevant things I’ve said. Please do.

My real life is fine, no need to worry about me :slight_smile:

And about the narcissism, you keep repeating that as well, and I’m not the only one you accused of being that. I also urged you in another post to sit back and consider if your own behaviour and interaction with other people doesn’t inhibit some forms of narcissism, and a bit of projecting too perhaps, but you didn’t reply to that either.

If you’re allowed to call other people narcissists, other people are not only allowed to call you that as well, and justifyably so, but also question whether they actually are narcissists or if it’s just you looking for a word to insult them. By the way, you do a lot of insulting for a person who loves to pretend they’re being personally attacked by everyone.

Now let’s see if you really choose to reply to something I said on the topic, or just insult me again. That will show your true face. Or if once again you choose to not reply at all.

2 Likes

There is an inherent selection bias in internet speech. People start saying things that attract an audience. Then the audience demands more of that same speech. Then they continue saying it. Then the audience demands more. Ultimately the speech itself becomes very abstract and weird, and speakers would be afraid, whether consciously or not, to change it up.

Just look at, for example Fox News - while they rail against all the covid regulations, the masks, the vaccines, the distancing, internally they have all that - they want to know employee vaccination status, there are mask rules, and everything is right. This is because Fox knows what is true, and chooses to placate their audience instead.

Bellular knows his audience wants doomsaying. It started through WoW and now it expands to the entire gaming culture. Good news generally don’t get covered there, mainly because the audience doesn’t want them.

He is just another youtuber with a bias towards negativity because that’s what the algorithm rewards. It’s not about truth, it’s about money. Remember when he exploded at Blizz and then that clip of him exploded and he started doing his “regular Blizzard explosions”… bruh, come on.

And the problem is that gamers are incredibly suggestible. My mate liked Cyberpunk up until the point he started consuming media surrounding the game. Then instead of liking the game as he used to, he started repeating what LegacyKillaHD and others told him.

In part this is why I try to reduce the amount of gaming media I consume. Because it’s all just trash lmao.

1 Like

I am just not so interested in bashing-video’s. So bellular has lost me as one of his viewers (was not watching all anyway). I can make my own oppinion if i like something or not. Bashing is not needed. I liked the previous informal video’s.

1 Like

You can’t both a realist and a cynic, that’s an oxymoron.