This is the service you get for 12.99 € a month (Bots)

I was about to point that out aswel…
I find it verry irritaring when a important discussion, that actualy matters is Always ignored.
But they do make posts on random sjit.

2 Likes

Dont buy gold and the problem would fix itself :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anyone checked for AQ40 hunter bots lately? :wink:

Botting isnt addons mate
Not sure how you even came up w this tbf

I don’t think much can be done about botting in a game like Classic. They can wipe out an entire platoon of bots and they will be up on fresh accounts in no time flat.

The real problem are the obviously massive amounts of corrupt players that buy gold constantly. Its just too good a market for people who can make an actual living off of this game by riding it for cash.

Just deal with it because it ain’t going away anytime soon. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

That’s simply not true, unless the gold sellers can make a fresh level 60 in 1 day a squad of anti-bot employees could easily cover all the servers and root them out 1 by 1.

It’s just a matter of priority.

1 Like

It’s a real shame.

I think back to Vanilla and it had bots running around but you’d see them in less populated zones like Azshara, Deadwind Pass, The Hinterlands, Swamp of Sorrows etc to avoid detection and reports. At least then the owners of bots tried to hide their activity but in Classic you have bots everywhere including in the most active and lucrative zones. I’m currently leveling this character on a medium population PvP realm and I was surprised to say the least when I saw bots in every single section of Badlands that contained Earth Elementals which is currently the most farmed area due to Elemental Earth. I’ve been farming it for the past week and there’s a level 42 Mage that is there literally all day and all night, it never logs out.

I honestly feel like Blizzard only take action when the sub count starts to drop otherwise I honestly doubt they would do anything at all, after all each bot pays a sub.

They could start limiting the source of the problem like disable exp gains from instances when you have a higher level toon in the group. Then add diminishing returns to anything you do in instances if you repeat it over and over - gold, mats, pick pocket, trash drops etc.

And usual bot bans to spice things up instead of linen cloth auto bans.

I have observed a bot in Ungoro who has been running in circles on his crappy 60% mount for over a month. Everyday the same thing. When attacked he doesn’t vanish or do anything but running towards you.

It’s not a sophisticated bot. It’s a crappy bot. They are not banning the account. Day in and day out around Ungoro in the same direction collecting herbs.

bump 10 char

bumping this

Privet servers are projects of passion. Wow Classic is made for cash.

3 Likes

There is fast leveling techniques and hacking of accounts as well as multiboxing players who are very efficient at these things as it is their real life way of providing for their family or just a favorite hobby, or anything in between. Suffice it to say that they are very good at what they are doing.

Also, “a squad of anti-bot employees” costs a lot of money. Banning in waves is much cheaper.

People should just stop buying gold en masse because that IS the whole problem. Whenever there is a market for something … :man_shrugging:

And gimp your paying customers?

What if i enjoy making gold like that?

1 Like

Reminds me of when WoD came, and bots were sitting in their garrisons all day long and nobody could right-click report them and GMs were refusing ticket reports, while telling people the scripted response that you need to right-click report them (even though it was literally impossible because of the garrisons). :rofl:

Coupled with bad game design.
Right now, Earth Elementals.
Kinda motivates you to bot and buy boosting services, actually.

Dynamic respawns are dysfunctional and questing is impossible in certain areas.
There is no earth left in the Badlands at 7am. At least I’m a hunter right now so I can spot them on the minimap instead of running around.

Well, the dark side of original WoW: the lack of thinking through. As the rule in software development says, the first iteration is bound to suck in some ways. The extent of botting and boosting shows that there are some fundamental flaws with the design. For example, 100% quest item drop rate chance would be a start.

In any event, this has been resolved (in subsequent WoW versions) so just a bit of a rant and an observation. Resources are too scarce. Either they are limited to max level and so whole zones are not viable (e.g. Plaguelands) or to creatures (elementals) and they become unavailable.

This ^
Nothing less, nothing more.

Blizzard should hire this guy he’s doing a better job

2 Likes

Yeah great idea, punish legitimate players because of the chance they might be a bot…

Or they could, you know, crack down better on actually banning these bots you all keep reporting?

Doubt a living person on retail would run botanica over and over vendoring everything for profit.

And then it’s also a game owner question - do you want raw gold generation from old content? If answer “how to make gold” the answer is to run old raids on lockout and dungeons en mass then I would say something is wrong with current content and it economy.