This is turning into a huge fiasco

Has a launch (relaunch) ever been handled worse? Classic launch has enjoyed attention from world renowned media outlets from around the world and the eyes are all on Blizzard at this point. Any game company would KILL to get this much attention and such a loyal fan base while Blizzard sits back and watches it all burn while trying to put out the fires. On the other hand this is the company behind the Diablo 3 f*ckup from 2012. Have they learned nothing?

Not sure what you’re saying is entirely accurate.

They have been addressing issues as soon as they come up and working on solutions. Nothing’s instant.

Restarts at 3am CEST btw which will solve DCs/Getting put to the back of the queue.

If a server’s full, a server’s full. What do you want them to do? Player feedback screamed they would prefer queues and strict layering a few months back. You also don’t want TOO many servers as they will have to merge them in the future once the population stabilises, and it will crash faction balance, economy and community.

Just wait it out, the strat Blizz played was risky short term (and didn’t pay off), but it’s the best long term strategy :slight_smile:

NOTICE: REALM RESTARTS 28 AUGUST 3:00 A.M. CEST

Warcraft Devs on Twitter

Blizzard Technical Twitter EU

7 Likes

I think they missed how the server is full flagging was working. In a normal situation, players would have 6-7 names (characters) reserved on a server. If I understand it correctly. The LOW, MEDIUM, FULL or LOCKED is based on total active characters. With only a few servers in the start and a restriction on total names to the reserve we just haven’t a full server. We have a full server with 2 to 3 times more accounts trying to login.

Let us say the lock on a server is 100.000 characters and in a normal situation, we would have like 20.000 accounts with 5 characters. but now we have 35.000 with 3 characters on the same sum of characters at the server. and a server can only hold 10.000 players.

Hehe. How can someone sit back and watch while still trying to act as a fireman?

Even though I dont like being in 2 hour queues, I don’t think Blizzard could handle this any better.

Just imagine what is actually going on hear. Millions of players trying to do the same thing at once and they all DEMAND healthy server population and no queues at the same time.

Blizzard is actually working on an issue that never happened before in the gaming industry. No expansion launch can’t even compare to this.

If people weren’t as stubborn and refused to migrate to newer servers when its still early, there is nothing Blizzard can do ablyt that.

4 Likes

Why don’t they block people from signing up to full servers?

Imagine the outcry when people claim they can no longer play with their friends.

I think they are doing ok its annoying now but soon some people will go back to retail, and then many servers would be ghosttowns if they add to many.

1 Like

= Headlines “Blizzard actively working agains the spirit of Classic by disallowing friends to play together.”

“But those friends can just make new characters somewhere else!!”

They could, but not if they have already poured more than 10-20 hours into a character.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.