This item's source is no longer available (transmog)

Whenever I try to assemble a transmog, I often stumble upon the problem that a part of this set is not available anymore because it was either removed when Cataclysm revamped the old world or some dungeon got an overhaul like Scholomance.

Can we get a possibility to reacquire these forgotten transmog appearances somehow?
Would this even bother anyone? I think it would be just a quality of life thing.

Also, I’m mainly referring to questing and dungeon rewards and not these super prestigious items like the Corrupted Ashbringer, etc.

It is always frustrating to realize that the only matching item to a set is not obtainable anymore.

29 Likes

I always think removed sets would make great rewards from things like Trial of Style etc.

40 Likes

Me too. But there are always the people that will yell “muh exclusivity, muh prestige”. :expressionless:

15 Likes

This. I know there was some kinda reason for throwing T3 out of the window with the Naxx revamp, but why not make the oldschool raids available at say, Chromie, as an LFR raid queue? Same on old Scholomance and the like.

3 Likes

gief.

4 Likes

I am still bothered that Alanna’s Embrace robes that has a really rare color (among other scholomance removed items) has been available to get as tmog ONLY during 4.3 when tmog was introduced because in the next patch with Scholomance revamped, these items got replaced and removed forever.

5 Likes

They deleted if out of the game files so they’d need to be remade and…

Classic. Naxx is the pinnacle for Classic, so i cant see them adding it back in to retail.

Also, any time taking means less new content. What time has shown is that most people want new content rather than rehashes.

as someone who has tons of removed items from this game, yes it would bother me.

re-adding unobtainable items would defeat the purpose of having them to begin with.

4 Likes

As far as prestigious endgame stuff like Naxx40/gladi mounts/elite mogs go, I agree, but random greenie from a “pick 3 eggs” quest in Stonetalon or a belt from old ZG (that you could solo grind for a good while) aren’t really comparable to those, and imo it’d be good if low-prestige items of that kind were re-introduced as obtainable.

Only reason most people are missing those is because they simply didn’t have the foresight to stock up on them before transmog was added.

10 Likes

from a prestigious aspect of the ones you listed absolutely, but they are still comparable in a sense due to the fact that they cannot be obtained by players.

that’s not the reason people missed out on the items, the reality is that majority of people didn’t play back in the days. people like to claim that they did, but their achievements says otherwise.

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s entirely fair.
I, for example, did countless ZG runs to try and get the tiger mount, but never did. I don’t mind the mount being unobtanium now, but the random trash that I filled my bags with that’s now gone, that’s what I’m a little salty about.

I must’ve had like a 100 Jin’Rokhs in my bags, but I can’t mog it because I didn’t know that it’d be a feature in the future, because Cata didn’t ship with the feature, or iirc market it in any way.

And the green quest items are even worse, ain’t no one putting veteran prestige on some random quest green belt, it’s just a belt that could make mogging a lot better for people.

7 Likes

I’d like to see them add back things like mage tower, challenge mode but have them be timewalking so you scale down and it should be a real challenge. I like what they do with mounts that drop from mythic bosses that go from 100% to 1% in the next expansion. Things just becoming a lot harder to get is the way to go, since you still have that slim chance. I mean does it upset me that people have a chance to get the brutosaur from the BMAH now that I farmed hard for in BFA? Heck no.
This whole making things exclusive just by the fact that you literally cant get them is not something Im a particular fan of.
Maintain or even increase difficulty of aquisition? All for it. Remove entirely? Not really.
But I know blizz use it to get people to engage with the content when its current so I dont expect anything to change.

2 Likes

life is unfair, but it’s your own fault that you do not have the items you want right now.

it’s a green belt sure but it’s still removed from the game and should remain that way.

2 Likes

Well, I simply disagree, the cutoffs on what becomes unobtainable were way too arbitrary, and laying blame on someone for not being a fortune teller on what to preserve is imo pretty unfair in terms of where the blame lies.

Like, all the items from MC were way more valuable than items from Scholomance, but if you didn’t have the foresight to preserve random blues from Scholo instead of your hard earned T1 set, you essentially got punished for random chance.

6 Likes

and this is exactly why certain items in this game are rare.

no changes.

The original items could be, you could just re-introduce the items with a different name, like they did with many of them, but then not with some others. That way you’ll have the prestige of having the original, but allowing people to get the mog skin too.

No reason not to do that with low-prestige items, just bad design from Blizzard removing them.

2 Likes

no changes!

2 Likes

It wouldn’t be a change to make them available, the original ones would still be unobtainable.

2 Likes

i will end it here, ty for bringing up jin’rokh btw im gonna transmog it on my warrior now.

I absolutely hated how so many pieces were removed with Cata.

9 Likes