This needs to be talked about amongst fellow PvPers as well

Sockets are back. Except the only way to get those socket slots, of which there are 5 in total, is via the great vault. Not only that, but you also need to unlock at least 3 vault rewards for 5 weeks where you don’t pick any gear reward from the vault, in order to get those socket slots.

In my eyes, this puts PvPers in a very disadvantageous position, since it’s also one of the primary ways to get tier pieces for PvPers (especially before they start allowing people to “craft” their own tier pieces).

Edit:
Ok, so 32 views and no post yet. Then, to hopefully kick off some more activity here, I’ll remind you all that those 5 sockets are also gated for your alts. The item to create socket slots most likely isn’t account-wide either, because the blue post specifically details that another item is account-wide, while it doesn’t say anything about that for the rest of the items.

So if you want to play more than that one character this season, it’ll be behind not only in tier pieces, but also in sockets. Which takes a minimum of 5 weeks with 3 vault rewards unlocked each week, and not choosing any gear reward from it, in order to get the socket slots.
Same problem for the returning players too, if they don’t start playing from the start of the season, then they’ll be behind those same amount of weeks for socket slots as well.

idk with this method i’ll get sockets way faster than i did season 1 and 2

5 Likes

Sockets what are these sockets never heared of them since now :clown_face:

This, pretty much.
At least I don’t need to do anything else other than PvPing in order to get sockets.

Also, we’re at the start of the Season. The patch will likely last for like 9 months or more, so it’s not like I’m in a rush to be fully maxed out in one week

3 Likes

The 4-5 sockets that you might miss on an alt won’t make or break your rating. I said 4-5 because with two legendary slots you’re bound to have at least one free socket.

If anything, even if I would have preferred another way of getting them, it is nice fhat they are available because that means people who get lucky RNG sockets gear aren’t at a permanent slight advantage on high rating.

Also sockets are meant to be something you get late, the last upgrades, so getting them a few weeks after getting full gear isn’t that big of a deal. The season will go on for very long, so that adds a few weeks of “progress” I suppose. Also it isn’t as time gated as suggested on alts, because alts need less gear out of the vault since they start with a higher conquest cap (of course I’m talking about alts that people play later on, current alts are to be treated as mains).

Yes, you can’t hard farm a full socket set in 5h of rift, but it is going to be fine.

you just take it in the vault when you have nothing else to get. that’s not now when people are trying to get ilvl and tier sets, but it will happen later.

2 Likes

You need sockets to be competitive at the start of the season?

1 Like

That isn’t what I’ve been saying. What I’m saying is that it increases the divide between someone starting out fresh in the season, whether it’s a reroll or a returning player, and someone that has played from the start. It takes a long time to catch up, and this just adds icing on the cake.

The extra socket in the legendary is a good point, although admittedly I wrote that very late and overlooked that both rings can be socketed with that item. So it’s 5-6 sockets.

You have two legendary items this patch.

The other legendary isn’t necessarily going to be in one of those slots for everyone.

A new player catching up needs to prioritise sockets over learning and getting conq gear?

Yes I’m sure 2% vers will make/break their rating and experience of the game.

2 Likes

Lay off the testosterone, ok? It’s messing with your head.

Yes, which is why I said 4-5. You either have one of the two in the socketable slots and you need 5, or you have both and you need 4.

You will not need 6 since you’re supposed to have set parts so if you manage to dodge all socketable slots with two legendaries while having the tierset items, you’re doing it on purpose and a better alternative exists. Especially since the Unity power is craftable on every single slot and comes on the waist by default, which can be socketed.

1 Like

You ok? Odd thread about a non-issue and immediately with the attacks :joy:

2 Likes

You’re acting very cocky in every post, so that’s why I said you should lay off the testosterone boosters. It’s messing with your head.

I actually like this change

Felt like season 2 just gave them to you like free welfare since you did it on your main, but at the same time sockets are so minor for your alts i don’t see this as a problem

1 Like

I’ve pointed out the obvious - read shadenox’s replies, they’re informative and should assuage any fears you have about sockets.

You’re making a mountain out a molehill.

Gotta love how people are still acting so cavalier about gear differences even after a year of Shadowlands. Guess the faction lines are already drawn, between those who thinks it has an impact, and those who doesn’t.

See, now you are acting like a normal person instead of that cocky facade.

Never mentioned gear difference, again you’re making big leaps. For the record I want MoP or WoD style. What I said was new or returning players should prioritise learning the game and getting gear, as gear unfortunately is a requirement.

Leave off mate :joy:

Yeah but no one is going to do that until they have a full set. Which is what it’s intended for, to give the vault some value after you get all your gear from the vault or conquest.

1 Like