This should be punishable

In the screenshot, he also ignored me instantly before leaving.

Also “sry”… Not really an apology tbh.

Well its a bit difficult in “text language” than in real life.
Obviously for a simple bump, I am not expecting an “apology letter” but there is difference when somebody just says “I am very sorry” or in a grumpy angry voice and blurps out something similar to “sry”. We can both obviously tell by emotions which is which in real life but in text?

I can say “Haha u sux”. Now. An online friend will consider it a friendly funny jest, a stranger in-game will most likely consider it a personal attack and insult.
The OP claim that the person in question /ignored him afterwards…leads me to believe that there was a bit of a malicious aspect there.

Do you need help with the weekly?

Can dps or heal.

3 Likes

no this shouldn’t be bannable, posts like this should be bannable because you decrease the total count of brain cells of all readers.

10 Likes

Thanks for the offer man, appreciate it, but just finished weekly. Joined a new group and went well (Sorta).

Of all the posts i see asking to ban people for leaving this one deserves it the least, where i don’t even agree he should be remotely punished. He did say sorry, and it was probably an emergency, as for the ignore, idk maybe he thought you were gonna flame him and pre ignored, i have done that when i think someone is gonna get toxic.

I know it sucks, but at least it was a 10 over halfway through, you can easily finish that and even time it as 4 man from there unless you’re bad ofc.

2 Likes

He was the tank. What do you mean “unless you’re bad”.

Nice attitude “friend”.

Edit: He was also premade with the hunter, so we’d have to finish 3 man without a tank.

leaving group should be banable? what? :joy:

1 Like

Leaving a mythic+ in progress should be punishable to some extend, yes. Especially if it’s for no apparent reason. Could have some sort of system that allows the group to vote whether that person should be punished or not. I doubt anyone would punish someone if they truly had an emergency.

Could potentially be a lockout period that extends depending on how many times the person has been “Punished” within a timeframe.

2 Likes

That sucks, but then again you’re still 2 people who have tank specs, you could just take over.

I meant that unless one is bad or grossly undergeared for this point of the patch, a decent group should be able to 4 man a +10, and especially when you are that close already.

Well it is an attitude born out of reading way too many people whining about useless things, so sorry about that.

Sure 3 man could be a bit hard, but should still be doable, but i understand not wanting to at that point, didn’t know one more left.
But again you are not without a tank, both DH and warrior has tank spec.

Yea cause that is not abuseable jesus christ.

Imagine leaving cause the group is really bad and you already know it’s gonna take 1h+, then they will all vote for punishment even though it is definitely not deserved.

2 Likes

The best thing that you can do is to not play with that player again.

2 Likes

Like I said, i don’t care about the key, i care about someone leaving it. The fact that people have the audacity to do stuff like this. If the guy had an emergency, I have no issue with it and that is understandable. It sucks, but it is understandable.

It’s the fact that he ignored me that triggers me, because that makes it seem like the person has ill intent.

Another system would be, that you could comment on somebody’s profile about their behaviour. That way, if somebody is actively leaving keys, people will know.

True that. Just look at you.

3 Likes

Sounds to me like their reason to /.ignore was well-founded if you react that badly to it.

3 Likes

That is exactly the same. Imagine leaving a bad group, then everyone goes to your profile and said you left without reason, that is no different than before, plus nothing is stopping you from lying.

1 Like

Well. I would personally agree to an idea to a punishment system after a certain “strikes”.

Sure insta-baning somebody after 1 leave, regardless of the reasons behind it(emergencies, i-net issues,…even doesn’t want to play anymore) is a no no.

But. Placing a ban or some restrictions on somebody who has like 50 mid-key leaves per week is well beyond “an acute, unpredictable emergency”.

I react badly BECAUSE he ignored me. I literally asked him what was wrong, that’s it. Jesus christ, you guys act as if you’re holy gods walking the earth spreading wisdom and fortune.

You’re human too.

I do weekly on 7-9 alts every week and i think it is a blast, i rarely ever get people like that, maybe consider that you’re the most common factor if a lot of your runs are like that, it might be time to look at yourself instead of others.

1 Like

I’m sorry but even this has a certain limit.
Before doing any not-queable content I always check to be 100% to don’t be disturbed by anyone/anything and to have at least 1h and 30 min to fully dedicate to it in case of a m+.
Not just for me, but to respect the other 4 players that are dedicating/investing their time.
Maybe they had only the time to do only that run for the week, you can’t know it.

Emergency can and will happen obviously, but it’s your responsibility to don’t have one when you are playing not queable content.

1 Like