Thoughts on Cross-Faction?

Cross-Faction has no current effect in game. Phasing and sharding is taking away MMO immesion. There is nobody anywhere.

WM xp gains do not work in dungeons or raid quest.

Still didnt help form groups on alliance.

Still didnt help PVE servers at all for what they are made for.

WM does not work in dungeons at all.

Did not give free faction change so this post is moot.

They stopped as the system broke and messed up realms.

Thats US realms not EU so another moot point.

And FCM never happened from dead realms to busy like in classic so all your above posts are wrong as always :slight_smile:

Cross-faction will be in random finders and LFR for sure.

9.2.5 is just the test and 1st step.

It would be great if all faction barriers would end up being a thing in warmode only.

2 Likes

The faction conflict got tired and expired lore-wise, and as a business decision, I think this is a response to FFXIV which is a non-faction MMO.

I like it because there are certain themes which might work with cross-faction only. For example, there could be an “all-elf union” guild which only allows elves, Pandered communities which now ignore the forced faction choice, Earthen Ring or Cenarion Circle style guilds which RP as neutral, etc.

1 Like

LOL, US realms don’t count as wow servers? Balancing US realms doesn’t count as previous effort of balancing WoW pop???

And this happened the same for EU servers over the years, for connecting low pop realms and balancing battlegroup faction pop.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/:sparkles:-realm-connections-update-thread/172320

If you don’t know about EU connected realms, just scroll down EU forum front page to “all realms”, and you will see which realms are connected.

You are trolling with the most ridiculous excuses and claiming everything moot point… :joy: :joy: :joy:

It did not help EU realms thats the point.

Once as it broke and they gave up and never re started.

You can see that on wowprogess nothing hard to find.

You are the one who said WM worked in dungeons and raids who is the troll and ill informed.

Maybe get a clue and read here

Dead servers MEGATHREAD - Ghostlands/Dragonblights plea to Blizzard - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums

Might help you understand things your trolling is weak.

You are beyond clueless and its not even funny to read your replies and see you scramble to justify your words please stop its embarrasing to read you.

At this point you are going on ignore i find you boring and unable to debate with facts and logic.

That is what I said “all previous efforts failed”, while you claim “They have done nothing at all so what efforts do you speak of.”

Who is trolling???

I listed the things they have done, then you argue they didn’t help, which proves the point “previous efforts failed”.

Trying & failing =/= doing nothing. What is so hard for you to understand this common logic?

It isn’t in terms of the major plot.

It is from a roleplay perspective. Characters from specific races do not live in a bubble and, while there is an faction influence that plays into it, people generally tend to form bonds of some sort with one from the opposite faction, be it a temporary truce, alliance, or even rivalry.

You have to keep in mind that this cross-faction is only a gameplay change, not something enforced by the lore, the same way as forsaken players can be holy or disc priests (which lore wise is possible, but most will avoid it because it actively hurts them to use the Light).

And I think they already said that the current cross-faction has no bearing on the story? Something along those lines.

2 Likes

The gameplay change can have long and deep influence in future lore and story.

Take BFA for example, it was an expansion based on 2 totally opposite stories. Alliance and horde have separate leveling zones and quests.

There was raid like siege of dazar’alor that literally transform players to other faction, because it makes no sense to fight some bosses as certain faction.

Imagine, if there is no faction, or cross-faction enable for BFA, that allows alliance and horde group for quests etc. It will be so weird for horde to help Jaina questline in kul Tiras when Jaina wants to kill horde, or let ally to help Talanji when ally just want to revenge zandalar. It makes 0 sense lorewise.

Thus, with cross-faction enabled, I would imagine in future expansions, either:

1. Blizzard will not design zones or questlines like BFA anymore, which is restricted by faction

2. Blizzard will still design zones or questlines like BFA, but has a total separation of lore and gameplay, which is not always positive for an RPG game.

If we run a key with alli it’s possible to trade us gold?
I mean i can’t give loot to other people for free it’s against my Goblin principles.

1 Like

After some more experience with it. It’s made finding groups a lot faster and you can fill up your own groups a lot faster than you could before.

3 Likes

you cant get money unless ur on the same char as doing boosting ;S…

no you dont
warmode bonus applies ONLY to outdoor content. ap also is irelevant. anima is cosmetic.

‘‘without doing pvp’’

why dont u play alliance wm on? try it 1 hour and then come here type your sanctimonious lies again

What are you talking about? We just invite you to the raid group then log a character on your server/faction to get gold from you…its not that hard to understand.

Haven’t made use of the feature yet, but I’m all for it.

1 Like

no cross realm ads/trading

For boosting organisation yes…guilds don’t count.

no cross realm faction gold trading etc. only guild that boost character can receive gold…

would love to share my thoughts but doesn’t work for PvP right now :slightly_smiling_face: