Thoughts on Cross-Faction?

Battle for Azeroth.

What efforts?

Let’s be real for a moment, this is purely for gameplay purposes.

It’s nice that you can play with Alliance, I mean, not everyone on the factions hates eachother and some of us have friends on the other side (or mercenaries to go and loot dungeons).

I actually like it, some of my fondest memories of previous games was playing the U.S Co-Operative server for Dark Age of Camelot.

Lore wise the game was based on never ending war in borderlands between three lands, however on the co-operative server it was just one huge massive environment, with a lovely community.

It was nice to see all the different races, it was lovely to access and explore everywhere.

I don’t have any animosity to any race or faction in Azeroth, I never have, just quiet gratitude for your presence. I like to check out your “mogs”, I like to feel quietly “jelly” over your lovely mounts, I like to observe you when you are being funny and further more I appreciate your help and support when I struggle.

This just gives me more scope to appreciate more different players, one of the reasons I love MMO’s really…

4 Likes

good step in the right direction, but should go further and totaly drop factions, cause at this point they realy do not make sence, Calia leading the forsaken for example now, Sylvanas and Anduin seems to be a couple almost now, only Gen remains that is hostile to the horde, and even he seems to mellow down now.
so no point in having factions as they are now, or well factions can stay , but anyone should be able to join what ever guild there is, so it would be full one faction instead, with branches of smaler factions you join, what do not have any impact on who you can join or not, kind of like covenants, but with less impact on skills and stuff.

4 Likes

Agreed. They were happy for the factions to stay unbalanced as long as people were paying them money to faction change to Horde. Once the last Alliance players who were going to faction change had done it, and the number of Alliance players cancelling their subs started to cost them more than the amount they were making from faction changes, it was time to do something about it. if you look at it from a purely financial perspective, what they’ve done makes perfect sense.

And now they will make a load more money from people faction changing to play the faction they actually wanted to play in the first place, and also using realm transfers to get their characters on the same realm now that cross faction mail has been implemented.

2 Likes

Nerf horde racials, etc.

Last effort is war mode. War mode gives lower population faction significantly higher reward. It is a very good reward system for balance stuff. But it still failed.

Horde pop advantage in PvE is too established over the years. The only solution is to “remove” the factions, aka. cross-faction PvE.

Its been a god send for boosters, horde can now get paid by alliance as well for carries.

1 Like

They should go all in and make guilds cross faction too so i can finally go back to playing as a night elf before all my friends moved to horde

It’s neither bold nor risky. It’s just an obvious move that they should’ve done a long time ago instead of glorifying an outdated faction system that, even in a best case scenario, would split the playerbase in half, but in reality it just made it miserable to play alliance.

5 Likes

Yes, in terms of gameplay, it is great, no split 1/2 player base in PvE.

But in terms of wow lore and story development, it will have long negative effect.

It is the separation of lore and gameplay in an RPG game.

1 Like

In terms of lore this isn’t strange at all but rather an expected development.

3 Likes

I love it.

Transfered my 2 60 Alliance characters to the same server where my Horde characters are since they can now mail eachother.

And I can also finally play with my friend that plays Alliance.

Cross-faction guilds would also be cool imo.

2 Likes

I always hated the two faction thing so i love it. But then again my first mmorpg was Everquest 1 where all races could play together and with enough faction grinding get into each others towns.
Might be a far stretch for WoW to make faction a non thing all together but i love this new step of being able to play with more ppl.
Maybr one day i can start as a bloodelf in stormwind or a draenir in ogrimar

2 Likes

It took 18 years to get here!

2 Likes

i did keys using hordeoids to boost me. they are begging to join any keys even 5-6 with their 2000 rios lol

alliance cant pay for boosts to horde unles…u mean RMT?? report cheaters

Really cool.

Switched to Alliance a week before Cross Faction and it wasn’t enjoyable at all, it didn’t help that most of the people I play with are Horde.

They have done nothing at all so what efforts do you speak of.

war mode…

Yeah that one’s kind of a bummer, hope they add that asap. Would like to level with my alliance friends (basically all of them).

You call that an effort ? 1 thing for PVP thats an effort ?