Thralls mistakes

Was Thrall right about Gallywix?

Ok we all know it was Thrall who decided to let Gallywix become the leader of the Goblin Bilgewater Cartel despite him trying to kill him and player Goblin who should’ve become leader (I know gameplay reasons) and when you first did that intro zone i thought WTF was Thrall thinking but now years have passed did Thrall make the right decision?

Though Gallywix is a money grubbing scumbag he does seem to have a brain in his head and the fact he decided to share Azerite with Sylvanas even though he couldve kept it himself tells me his is starting to become a real asset to the Horde.

I honestly thought he wouldve betrayed the Horde long time ago but the fact that he hasnt tells me Thrall may have not been crazy after all in believing in that little green scoundrel.

My opinion: he was wrong.

Yes.
Of all the Goblins that died in that boat he was the one to survive.

I consider him someone that will bring trouble in the future, give him time.

Mining Azerite the blood of the planet, when Azeroth is dieing, for profits and weapons, was a very selfish decision in my opinion.

Yes he decided to share it with the Warchief of the Horde.
Maybe having the military support of the Horde was needed ?

The Alliance did intevined later on.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Gallywix is just one of a large number of mistakes Thrall made with the Horde. From building his capital in Durotar and glorying the bloodsoaked Horde ‘heroes’ of the past to raising Garrosh up to the position of Warchief, Thrall post Warcraft 3 has made mistake after mistake which has ultimately lead to the Horde as we know it today. Hopefully, just like Jaina learned from her mistakes and is now forging a new path for himself, Thrall may do the same and try to rework the Horde in a way that will prevent the atrocities of the past few years from being repeated.

2 Likes

Ohr jeez where do I even start counting out the mistakes of that green human who tried to impersonate an Orc. The list is just…SO long to write.

“The road to hell is paved with good intentions.”

I think this phrase defines his character.

Cheers.

1 Like

Not really for that would require he actually did something good for the Horde post RTS Era.
All his done was leading it to a slow ruin mostly.
He was technically a green proto Anduin, good intentions supported by a higher power, then fell to ruin and even hide away like a Coward, hiding from the consequences of his Actions.

Garrosh was right, Thrall never had the Strength of a true Warrior.
He lead the Horde to ruin and left what remained at Garrosh feet to fix.

Forced a position on him, he never wanted.
But the Arrogance of these Masai’s never know any doubts.

3 Likes

So he found out the planet is bleeding out and dying, so he decided to make bombs out of it and give it to the military leader of the horde who was just waiting for an excuse to start a war. Yes, such a good guy.

Both factions seemed willing to weaponise Azerite.
And not exactly arguing against “not being a good guy”, but why exactly would making war against their enemies be a bad thing?

3 Likes

our azerite weaponary is simply a replica of yours meaning if the horde never made any nor would we imitation is greatest form of flattery after all we couldn’t think of such horrible weapons as you guys so we choose to just copy it :stuck_out_tongue:

Another way of seeing it, is that on top of trying to mimic some rather questionable stuff, the Alliance is to incompetent to even have their own ideas and inventions. :wink:

Ps: The above isn’t really the case, I’m just following your reasoning.
Kul tiras was one of the first to create Azerite ammunition and bombs. And did so entirely without the Horde.

2 Likes

you mean ashevale did and she does not represent kul’tiras after all she was a old god minion from the start pretty much

much like how lord stormsong was in it for him self so was ashenvane or vale or whatever the heck her name was they had all been duped by the promises of head squid lady and her dark master

The Alliance followed her footsteps in that regard and continued to weaponise Azerite in the exact same way even after she was branded a traitor and thrown in jail.

https://www.wowhead.com/quest=53852/azerite-denied

The Kul Tirans and Alliance are amassing a vast amount of their Azerite and Azerite weapons within Tiragarde Sound. They have a new supply of the resource, thanks to the Kul Tirans’ conquest over Lady Ashvane and her company. We must strike at their supplies of Azerite and destroy these weapons, or else we will be behind in this war. You and Zelling will travel to Tiragarde Sound and meet with Rexxar. Lead the assault on their Azerite supply. And do not return until you are victorious.

So no, it wasn’t only Ashvane.

1 Like

actually that seems to imply that their stock is still from ashevale and they did not create it them selves in all our questing we simply stole it from ashevale

Thrall made many Mistakes over the years.

His first big Mistake was Garrosh. He ruined his life by making him Warchief. And from that point on, he kept making mistakes.

Leaving Cairne in charge of looking over Garrosh and be his “Mentor” when the two were total opposites and couldnt stand each other in the first place. This decision caused Cairnes Death!

Leaving the Horde after Garrosh when they needed a figure of hope. Vol’Jin was a great Leader, dont get me wrong, but he was a Troll leader. Thrall was respected by all races… We needed him and he left us.

Killing Garrosh. It was at this moment when I lost my last respect for Thrall. Not only was he not able to accept his mistakes, he actually abused his power to burry them together with the living reminder of his mistakes. Everything Garrosh said in that duel was nothing but the truth.

Leaving Gallywix in charge of the Goblins. I couldnt understand what was happening there, that guy just doomed his own people to die on their home Island and left the few goblins he did allow on his boat in exchange for all they own to drown when the ship was sinking. After that he enslaved the survivors…
HOW THE F*CK IS THAT GUY STILL THE GOBLIN LEADER?

Doing nothing after Sylvanas became Warchief. Honestly, how many red flags does this guy need to notice something is wrong?

Thrall has alot to answer for. He, directly or indirectly, caused all the suffering of the Horde, either by making bad decisions or not stepping in when he was needed.

4 Likes

There are blacksmiths and engineers working on it all across Boralus. In the invasions, you are sent to deal with them too.

And the quests points at the Alliance augmenting their own stash thanks to the supplies stolen from Ashvane. Not that they didn’t have of their own.

Even if you are to take it as you say, if your argument regarding why the Alliance is “better” is because they “only” covet and like to use saiid weaponry, even if they need others to actually create it, that’s rather weak.

1 Like

Thrall just gave up at some point, to much responsibility. At the end he wanted nothing than only rest after this.

he was always a poor leader he couldn’t keep the more radical of the horde in check and let them pretty much run rampant like the warsong

The planet is dying and we are literally using it’s blood as bomb fuel. How is that helping the Horde? They already lost a planet, do they want to lose another one just for the sake of short lived military supremacy? That’s neither smart nor clever. You said Gallywix is helping the Horde, but he really is just helping it to die. He is a damn fool, not an asset.

I’m talking about the drive to make war against their enemies, not the means per se.

I addressed the later in the other half of the post, referencing the fact that said way is hardly exclusive to Gallywix, and I’ll also add that to this day I fail to see how exactly are we harming Azeroth by using the Azerite that surfaced the planet.

If Gallywix is so detrimental for the faction, same could be applied to almost every other faction leader (from both sides), as both are eagerly lapping on the Azerite thing and throwing bombs at each other using it.
Are you arguing that every single leader is detrimental?

3 Likes

“Good men mean well…they just don’t always end up…doing well”.
Isaac Clarke - Deadspace 3

1 Like