Titanforging[Carryover from US forums]

I hate the system but I’m not going to present my view as fact. Other than it’s a fact I hate it.

2 Likes

I’m not a great fan of it either, still I consider it badly implemented as a fact.

Rewarding gear of way too higher lvl than the content you are facing goes against
what the game has always being based on, which is bigger challenge->greater rewards. (afkfronts are an abomination in this regard)

The devs always said this was in to give you a sense of possibile upgrades when you already match the max content ilvl reward possibile for the difficulty you’re facing. I can stand by that when is +5/10 ilvl extra, not when you get a max lvl item from bottom/mid content.
My GM got a 425 titanforged belt from heroic boda trashs and that is a better reward than from a mythic boss which is insanely harder in comparison.
Is it fair? Does it makes sense? No, and it’s really hard not to consider this wrong.

1 Like

it still boils down to matter of opinion though. Where there is no right or wrong in a matter such as this. The forums cannot really be a reliable source as voices here are just a small, small % of the entire community.

For every voice against something, there are probably hundreds, if not thousands that are fine with it. It’s human nature - we have a tendency to scream and shout if we’re not happy with something, but if we are we tend - for the most part - to keep it to ourselves and carry on.

:joy: yet you cant do a mythic 0… yeah. totally! top 0.3%!! :joy:

I don’t disagree :slight_smile:

Unbalanced System as for now. A reason why Raider-io got a bad reputation.
Only HC/Mythic kills and to some degree M+ experience matters to me. Item lvl is not a Indicator anymore for Skill level and Game knowledge. Homemade problem.

1 Like

I actually like the system but I think that the proc should be up to 15 levels and to reduce the randomness I think that some properties like sockets should be added to professions so a JC could socket gear for himself and others and in the same way BS could make gear indestructible which would make these professions more useful and give people slightly more options.

LMAO you are really clutching at straws here.

2 Likes

I agree with this…And while I see the benefits of Raider-io, I still refuse to use it out of principle, mostly because I have to use a third-party application to be able to play content in-game. Never used the gearscore add-on back in Wrath, folks knew they could rely on me by reputation mostly. Then again, I didn’t pug as much as I do now, since most of my friends hadn’t quit yet.

Back to the topic at hand, I still truly despise Titanforging and I would much prefer to have a defined amount of sockets on existing gear or at least a way to manually apply sockets. Jewelcrafting is basically a dead profession at this point as a result. All this RNG is really bothering me and has made the game un-fun.

Regarding our little gnome friend, first of her name yadda-yadda, why aren’t you doing Mythics? They’re not THAT hard. Just do regular Mythics first, no keystones. Learn the lay of the land, experience those dungeons and then once you’ve gotten comfortable, try your luck with keystones. No one’s asking you to be server best when it comes to run times. However, considering where you stand content-wise, you don’t have all that much of a say in regards to the impact of titanforging, do you? …And I don’t mean to insult, or anything, just something for you to consider. You don’t really face the problems we - the ones that dislike the current iteration of the system - have to deal with when raiding, doing Meme Plus and the like, do you now? Least that’s how I understood it so far, feel free to correct me.

I really just want the old system back, with a linear progression and an attainable BiS list to be DONE with a character at one point, so I can move on to an alt and d*ck around on that one.

1 Like

That whole discussion is cringeworthy…

1 Like

In full agreement with this.

2 Likes

Yeah its working at driving more and more people away from the game. Blizzard doesn’t always know better as they have proved on many occasions.

1 Like

And you do know better, right?
Look, of course they’re not always right. But that doesn’t mean that they’re wrong in this specific instance. Yeah, there’s people who hate the system, but that’s true for virtually every system in the game currently.

I’d really like to see a statistic of the reason people quit.
Because I’m pretty confident that only a very, very small percentage has ever quit over TF.

There will be a multitude of reasons and its rarely going to be just one thing. I don’t think making loot essentially meaningless in terms of risk/reward has really helped though.

1 Like

Well, loot is more meaningfull than ever to me. It’s finally a tool you don’t have to work way too much to get. I can finally play the game without worrying about not running content often enough, as the playerbase is now kept rather even on ilvl. It gives more players to play with.

titanforging isn’t even in top 10 things wrong with the game and everyone is whining about it, gotta love this community :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

And I don’t think that blaming TF for things it has nothing to do with really helps either. Neither does proclaiming opinions for fact. Loot is not ‘essentially meaningless’ (Yeah, it might feel that way for you personally and maybe for some others too, but that still doesn’t make it ‘a universal fact’. There’s plenty of people who don’t feel that way).

Where did I state its a fact? Its all opinions and as you have gathered, I don’t share yours.

1 Like

Oh yes, that wasn’t aimed at you specifically. It’s just something I see happen all too often unfortunately.

Nah, this is just to bully the healer. I do not see anything in any dungeon that is comparable ‘hard and unique’ for dps.