To all FOTM ret pala rerollers

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAH… AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAH!!!

Chrissakes, seeing tanks out-dps ye is funny as heck.

2 Likes

Not even brave enough, to mock with your main.

Weak…

you think you do but you dont!

I personally don’t know anyone who rerolled ret, a lot of rets on my server have been ret since classic vanilla.
Why would you reroll to ret in its most dulled-down form? I’m pretty sure the influx of ret paladins is directly from retail and not from classic itself.

With the current state of raids, by that I mean " They are easy!", ret dps is good enough.

You wont get kicked from guilds, or denied a raid spot unless you are in the top 1% guild.

The only 2 reason why ret paladins whine, and it is a whine, is that their ego gets hurt when they do little dps, and the second reason is that they are paladins.
I mean, do any class/spec whine this much?

It’s less about ego and more about the community’s perception of the spec. I got into a sath 3D 10 man Zerg run, but only after being turned down quite a lot.

We did kill the boss partly due to my Handsac keeping the tank alive a shrivel longer and I wasn’t even last on the dps meter, but still, I can see myself having an even harder time come ulduar, since the overall perception of the spec will be even worse.
TLDR: Its less about ego and more about gatekeeping.

No its not.
The community dont really care that much. And if they do, you are in the wrong communitty.

In our guild, ppl can raid whatever spec they want.
Nobody cares about the dps as long as the boss dies, and its like this in most guild.

Its 100% an ego issue. You do little dps, your fragile ego gets hurt.

Classic is easy, and doing little dps might not be fun, but its a none issue over exaggerated by whiny ppl ( rets).

1 Like

I’m talking about the 10 man pug scene, I have a 25 man raid guild where there is no issue.

I have been playing ret since aq 40, I’m used to not being good compared to other classes.

If they would buff my utility to the point that it outweighs my lack of dps, I would be all for it, but it’s currently already hard for me to find a pug(for harder content), and come ulduar it will be even worse.

Being turned down for being a subpar spec just doesn’t feel good.

Again. I dont buy it. Not for a second.

None of our rets have ever said this. They pug alot.

Our prot warrior has been turned down. Me.
But never any of our dps.

What are they puging? Ask them how often they get rejected for sath 3D 10 man.

The rest of the content is easy, this is the only “hard” fight, where people are picky.

This is foreshadowing for the harder content to come though.

No point offering common sense to the forum wannabes - they are right and you are wrong.

The average Joe enjoying the game can’t make sensible comments without folk quoting them to flame.

You are 100% correct in your statements

Doesn’t that specific combination basically need best of the best in damage department in full BiS to be doable?

It’s way more lax then people make out to be.

I would link my log but I cant link yet on EU EN forums.

Look at my sath 3D 10-man zerg kill, we are far from the optimal setup.

edit: It still didn’t stop the community from rejecting me a bunch.(Probably because its the public perception that you need more dps than you actually need)

Eh if you say so. Then it does sound like just general perception of the slec right now and or people feeling insecure enough that they feel the need to overcompensate in term of requirements if LFG is to be believed. Not my problem though. I’ll likely have even more issues getting into raids at all as Prot/Holy

Right since I don’t want to edit that much, a new post there is. After some digging out I admit that Ret Paladins are in a bad spot raidwise thanks to the fact all classes are currently balanced as they were around the time ICC dropped. Without that gear Rets just don’t really hold up.

Yea, I agree this might be an explanation for it. This can be overcome by showing logs that show past good performance, but only if your spec isn’t dumpster tier.

Yes, my offspec is Holy and it’s hard at times to get a Raid group, but that’s more due to the oversaturation of healers in 10-man content and partly due to my lack of gear, although people seem to be more lenient when it comes to heal gear in my experience.

Heh. I never really considered going Retribution when picking Paladin. Ok maybe at the start but it quickly got lost when my instincts suggested me to tank so I’d had some chance to experience dungeons myself and help other players do it as well. Then after getting that opening 1k gold I picked Holy for same reasons. After all why not help people if you can?

Don’t give me wrong, I do like tanking in a 5 man-dungeon setting, I guess most rets tank and/or heal when leveling. I don’t like tanking a 25-man raid though, I have, but I simply don’t enjoy it. I guess you need a certain mentality to enjoy raid tanking.

I would normally employ you to try playing ret, but honestly, I find the current iteration not very engaging, I even prefer the vanilla seal system to this whack-a-mole rotation lmfao I am biased though, since I had not played vanilla as ret, before classic wow.

I actually liked Ret in Vanilla and to some extent in TBC, when it wasn’t a streamlined plug & play pewpew spec for the many newcomers WoW had during that time of WotLK release back in the day.

When you had to put in every inch of effort and still were at a disadvantage, but it felt so magical to make a buffbot by design work as pseudo-warrior.

That’s also the case for Vanilla Moonkin, I feel like that are the 2 specs I liked the most.

2 Likes

True but it becomes a problem when community slowly shifts into the min-maxing mindset which sadly happened over time from basic classic from what I could gather. After all fun is only allowed if it happens to be whatever is agreed upon to be good.