To all the old players who were around with tbc

Oh, look what a suprise- an warrior is saying that! an warrior with can kill 5k hp resto druid with insta heal, and 700 healing bonus on a one stun! lol

“Racial for horde is vastly superior in both PvP and PvE. Same as before you will see more people stacking horde which means unbalanced PvP servers which hurts the game big time.”

Not quite, THE most OP racial of all time in the game was the human one from tbc onwards, build in insignia which allowed human alliance players to skip having to sacrifice a DPS etc trink to have the insignia equipped.

Was SH the 5 man belf instance in the isle of quel’danas?

Also with regards to HCs, team comp depended on how you planned to do it, predominantly and usually, it was rogues, mages, hunters and locks prefered, mages and rogues especially for CC, to the point people used to insist “CC is needed in HCs” all the time, to the point where any type of dps warr and retris were as about as welcome in a HC farm as a dose of the ebola virus at a christening, however, my personal experience was different because I got sick AF of peoples attitudes towards me and dps warrs at the time, I ended up respecing my warr to take, grabbing a resto shammy or druid and then ONLY taking dps warrs or retris to the point of getting abuse off rogue, mages etc because I wouldn’t take them along.

Rogues DPS during this from what I remember was fine, the issues most saw with DPS warrs was the lack of agro management, for example, rogues or hunters could just vanish/feign death to dump agro

Me too :stuck_out_tongue: and they’ll be firmly reminded of that old classic tanking rule which is “you pull it, YOU tank it” ie its your death and your repair bill not ours for your stupidity :slight_smile:

Sorry but if you think perception “was the strongest racial from tbc onwards” may i suggest you either download addons or l2p.

My main problems with TBC from memory.

Attunements were a nightmare, this makes it difficult to replace people who move on.

Flying mounts.

Focus on arena.

Hellfire Peninsula when everyone goes there as first zone, was a nightmare to level and I was only on a low-medium populated PvE seever back then.

And personnaly I hated Resilience, as it felt like all the gear you got from doing PvE was useless in PvP and creates a divide between the two activities.

1 Like

Lol Every man for himself was WoTLK not TBC.

1 Like

i had no issues and i was overall happy playing it

Zones were ugly except bis Zangarmarsh

Generally TBC was great. As a PvE-er, I had no problems with flying other than the excessively low speed of the non-epic mount.

But it introduced widespread daily quests (yuck!), it didn’t have dual-spec, and druids still didn’t have a proper rez (not ideal in the early days of heroic 5-mans, where dying was not uncommon).

As a warlock, I tried PvP once or twice in the early TBC days, and have never ever tried since on any class in any expansion. The experience was that painful. (Apparently it got better with decent PvP gear+spec, but a few dozen free kills to rogues, killed in mere seconds, unable to interact at all, was enough). But I was always there for the PvE, so that didn’t bother me.

Oh, look what a surprise- an druid is saying that! an druid with can heal 24/7 without care of interrupts/stun/polymorphs because resilence made it so they could heal without mana issues until the enemies die of old age! lol

If inflation stays like this in TBC, rest easy knowing that daily quests will basically be pocket change for repairs, at best^^

Untill you enter SWP :wink:

still doing less dps than about 4 classes. with glaives less than 2.

don’t take my word for it go check logs.

issues that need fixing in TBC?.. wew lad… a lot.

among them; the fact hat RMP was the meta for arena, and that my spec was known as a gimp spec… blizzard even had the gall to add a dispel immunity for any arena team with a resto druid on it (Lifebloom)… and when i say ‘dispel immunity’ i don’t mean actual immunity, but rather a strong incentive not to dispel because otherwise lifebloom would activate for its full Heal over time effect instantly… all a druid had to do was throw rejuv and regrowth and then apply lifebloom and the person they are healing would be completely safe from harm, as attempting to dispel any of these HoTs would result in healing your target to full HP 9/10 times…

then there’s the fact that shamans were utterly gimped in arena because they weren’t allowed to use their elementals in arena, whereas mage could freely summon their water elemental several times throughout a fight and even cold snap it for double ranged frost novas.

and don’t even get me started on rogues “cheat death” and anti-heal poisons combined with warrior’s Mortal strike…

it was an absolute s***fest to be me back in TBC… can’t say i have fond memories of that expansion at all, when it comes to pvp.

and when it comes to PvE; the name of the game was ‘Crowd Control’… no crowd control? sorry you’re not getting invited to our heroic run :slight_smile:
and guess which classes were the the only ones without such an ability… that’s right; Shaman - everyone else had some form of CC.
if it wasn’t hard CC like Sap, Repentance, Polymorph, Sleep, or Fear, they’d have something else that could temporarily crowd control mobs for a short time… but Shaman? Nah, you don’t need that…

Then one expansion later they add Hex, basically admitting that they f***ed over shamans throughout all of TBC.

i dare you to look up old patch updates for TBC and look for the class who got the short end of the stick each and every single time a patch was released.

i still remember being super desperate for months on end for literally anything that would throw shaman a bone when it came to pvp, and then seeing “stormstrike now has a new icon” as the only update to shaman for months if not a whole year… meanwhile everyone else either got their abilities buffed or had their talents completely revamped in a good way every single patch update.

there is a good reason the whole “bus shock” incident happened, but i could be banned for even mentioning that little… event… in wow history.

/rant

After the Scourge invasion and Naxxramas we should have set sails towards Northrend, but for some reason we went for Illidan. If I wanted to kill pigs in space Id play World of Starcraft.

I’d suggest you check them yourself first. Regarding logs there is obviously alot of difference inbetween p-servers themselves, and the real game back in the days. Logs from the real game are scarce, but the hard part if to find logs where groups are setup and minmaxed like they were in the last years on p-servers, also you have to filter out which Rogues/Warrs have glaives.

Anyways the data there is, combined with my own experience suggests the following, in terms of viability;

Kalecgos: Glaive Rogue > Glaive Warr > Rogue = Hunter > Rest
Brutallus: Hunter > Glaive Rogue > Glaive Warr > Warlock => Rogue > Warr > Rest
Kalecgos: Arcane Mage = Destr Lock = Hunter > Rest
Twins: Glaive Rogue > Hunter = Rogue > Warrior
Muru: Warlock > Rest
KJ: Glaive Rogue > Glaive Warrior > Rogue > Warrior > Hunter = Warlock

Glaive Rogue’s are obviously extremely strong, but also Rogue’s without glaives aren’t bad at all in SWP. In the first place Rogue’s scale pretty good with a very high hit/haste, and start to make up alot with high-end gear. Second alot of fights in SWP suit Rogue’s very well, and third Rogue’s neglect so much damage with CoS which is pretty big in SWP, they dont require the same hps that hunters and warriors for example need. They cloak their curses on Kalecgos, the fires on Brutallus, take less damage on the twins, and cloak the fireblooms on KJ. Last but not least there is ofcourse also Expose which gives non-glaive Rogue’s additional value.

On KJ the best kill times will have 4+ Rogue’s, on the Twins they prolly run 2, and on Kalecgos you can also easily get away with 2/3 Rogue’s. Also at the start of T6 Rogue’s generally perform decent, even the best guilds will easily switch in a Rogue because its simply viable.

If you go to T4/T5 it will I agree be a big caster stack with majorly Warlocks, and a few Mages/Hunters. But we’ll see, maby Progress will show up with 10 Warriors hehe.

It’s funny how you don’t mention raids at all, where Shamans are by far the most used class while other classes you mentioned for PvP (like Rogue and Mage) get the short end of the stick.

But I guess it’s only the negatives for your own class that matter, right?

get some drums and you can replace a shaman lol

Thanks for making it clear that you’re just trolling

[quote=“Zmugzmug-gandling, post:116, topic:159578”]
and when it comes to PvE; the name of the game was ‘Crowd Control’… no crowd control? sorry you’re not getting invited to our heroic run :slight_smile:
and guess which classes were the only ones without such an ability… that’s right; Shaman - everyone else had some form of CC.[/quote]

You’re also missing DPS Warrs (arms/fury) and retri palas, for the same above reason, lack of CC and lack of agro control

Actually warrs got bent over very regularly because blizzard was having fun and games trying to balance end game high rating pvp warrs, and frequently ended up bending the rest of the warriors over and not even bothering with lube before going in, so there was frequently times warriors were in worse shape than non resto shammys, also resto shammys tended to be one of the 2 prefered healers going along side resto druids and it was frequently a toss up between which was prefered, generally depended on party comp, as for CC being required, nope 1 warr prot tank, 3 dps warrs or 2 and 1 retri and a resto shammy and cc NOT required for HCs :slight_smile: tbt resto shammys tended to be my prefered healer of choice when I was tanking and running TCB HC farms.

One thing brought up in another thread is faction balance, which is something that would need to be looked into, possibly rather than people staying on current servers, activision instead assigns a choice of servers to guilds and unguilded players giving them a choice of several servers to choose from, with the player base picking their primary choice, secondary etc, and activision attempting to give them their first choice in most cases, where they can, but always to a view of maintaining the initial faction balance, the idea is to create at least as close as possible balanced faction servers, with the option of a month or 2 after the start of a TBC “Classic” of free server transfers allowing players to move servers to where they choose to, it could be a case of people wanting to move to particular servers due to irl being there etc, but as said the initial idea is to have as close as possible to balanced faction servers.

I know a LOT of players will HATE this idea initially, but the question becomes,
which would you prefer? a health server where you are able to find dungeons etc easier than currently and a healthy AH, or risk ending up on a server dominated by the opposing faction where the AH is practically dead and you struggle to find dungeons, items in the ah etc? and with the option of a month or 2 after launch of a free transfer afterwards, you then have the option to move if you are unhappy :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.