To Community Managers - Leveling megathread

Hello, can we please get the leveling megathread unlocked? It was an active thread with +2700 posts where the majority of the discussion about leveling changes was going on, not to mention it has also been answered by a blue (it was Aerythlea if I’m not mistaken) about bugs being reported.

Thank you.

6 Likes

There are changes being made currently to levelling that at the time that thread was created was unheard of, making it potentially out of date information. Levelling threads also tend to get heated very quickly, so it may have been locked for a variety of reasons.

My own personal view is that levelling is fine and turning into a zerg fest is just breaking the game’s fundamental design.

But fyi, they are increaseing XP (massively in 8.1). I am glad they are keeping the scaling mechanics though, at least mobs and bosses that our in the same level range as us won’t be just pancakes.

Well, those aren’t the case for that thread. It was a thread with a blue posted on it regarding the reports about leveling issues, and it was also an active thread with the last post being from yesterday.

It didn’t get locked because heated discussion or another problem caused by posters either, it was locked along with every single thread because we’ve switched to new forums today. Another megathread has been unlocked by blues today, which is why I’m asking the same for the Leveling Megathread as well.

Does it really matter? Levelling is changing in 8.1 anyways, just wait till then.

Looks like it fell foul of the new systems’ “one month with no reply = auto-lock” process.

The forums have been up less than 24 hours and the migrated posts were from the last two weeks so it obviously didn’t fall foul of that, must have been locked on purpose.

It’s last post was July some-when… just using that as a possible metric for auto-lock. :thinking:

Last post on the thread was from 1 day ago, but it shows the same date as the first post of the thread, which was posted on July 18th. Apparently that’s a bug with all threads that were auto-locked when we were moving to the new forums yesterday.

Ahh… was only going by what I could see.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.