To everyone who is complaining about getting ganked on a PvP server

I’m just on for raids and nothing more since p2 and if I’m bored I just play other rpg’s as my options (due to the community current status) are to either reroll horde or transfer char to a server where the dominant faction is alliance (as if there is any) and I don’t like either of them.

PvP in vanilla was nothing like this mate. It simply couldn’t be for a number of reasons, the main one being that server populations back then were around 3k in the bigger ones. Classic servers can be well over 10k. This alone changes the playing field immensely. Add to that the differences in experience, knowledge and mentality of the players and you have two completely different PvP scenarios.

I was actually there back in 2006 and no, it wasn’t like this at all. Was there ganking? Of course, but not on this level. And I’m a horde player on a server with a slight horde bias, so I’m actually able to play relatively unhindered. I’m not crying about “omg classic is ruined”, I’m just stating the obvious here.

5 Likes

This is correct. Can confirm what he said.

1 Like

Being ganked here and there while you play the game is not the problem. It is totally normal on a PvP server.

Being ganked constantly for hours straight by full epic geared parties and not allowing others to play the game is the problem. Death squads who roam the quest areas back and forth, for example in felwood, jumping on lvl 50-52 players, 2 hitting them, then mounting up going to the next quest area doing the same, meanwhile you run back from the spirit healer to your corpse they are there again, repeating the process for you is f’ing not okay.

I don’t know if there is, but there should be a report options for enemy players who does this non-stop.

2 Likes

Now this is an option worth considering. I too think that there should be a penalty system for lvl 60’s killing low lvl players. I dont mind pvp, but this is no pvp this is bullsh*t. If the lvl 60’s want to active do pvp they should be ganking other lvl 60 ppl’s and not the low lvl players.

I finished the entire zone of Hillsbrad after P2 was launched. During that entire time, i was killed only like 5 times. The majority of rankers does not even bother with lowbies. Hell, an alliance hunter even killed Cyclonian for me, because the Horde was too busy=)

NVM - 48+ is probably a different story.

god this dude is brainless.

goodluck leading life without a brain.

Kork is stronk. Kork be rank 13 by naow. Kork not rank 14 yet because Kork need nap every naow and then.

1 Like

No bro i just nap then pvp grind all day in my car blasting akon in honor of my buddy balrok

1 Like

Kork is just a cork. The last piece of a filled bottle that can easily replaced because he is not important. Good choice of a name bud! it fits you!

No its after the tree which gets tougher skin every year

Yeah cuz if someone, just anyone sees you and get honor for killing you, they will camp you. In a raid or party the honor points are divided and might only get 1-4 points but killing you might net him 140 point. It’s no way he’s not gonna farm you as long as possible.

Actually people like that will have the best life possible. Simply because they dont have the ability to understand. It’s like kids, they can be happy for no reason or sad for no reason. In one way its sad, in other way its perfect…

this post couldn’t be truer

TRUE…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.