Too many blank silences

I’m not talking about singular characters. You’re referring to classes that, at some point, did have blank silence.

That’s not factually correct.

It’s not just the brainless blank silences, it’s the amount of brainless CC’s on top. I guess you’re going to argue that there were more CC’s back in the day.

It is. I am talking about silences, as were you initially (hence the title of the thread), and as far as they are concerned, there used to be more blanket silences in the game than there are now. It is a fact and not open for argumentation, as you can just count and before it was what we have currently + Warrior and Mage, which ends up being more.

Now if you shift the goalpost because you realize you were wrong all along…

There was more CC in terms of duration, of time spent in CC, but way fewer instant micro CC that just disrupt casts over and over and make people die. And that’s one of the problems we’ve had in DF, too much micro CC. Not too much CC. There used to be even more. Or don’t you remember when they nerfed the duration of most CC spells by 20% and nerfed all interrupt lockout durations between DF s1 and s2, or made a set bonus that reduced CC duration in s1, or made legendaries and covenant effects that reduced CC duration in SL ?

1 Like

Yeah I don’t think so. There wasn’t as many back then as there are now. It’s not hard to understand.

In terms of duration, maybe, yes, but…

Micro CC is CC regardless, and there is far too much of it. Getting blank silenced by a DK, followed by disorient, stun, freeze… It’s all just absolutely ridiculous. But it doesn’t stop there, the team mate of the DK will have some to throw on you as well.

Did anyone actually feel like they nerfed it? Because to me it felt like nothing had changed. That’s how broken CC is.

1 Like

At this point I honestly wonder if it is stupidity or trolling but because I’m feeling nice I will instead assume that you simply misunderstood from the start and I will explain one final time.

LIST OF SILENCES NOW

• Assa Rogue
  • DK (all specs)
  • Shadow Priest
  • Balance Druid
  • Hunter (all specs)

LIST OF SILENCES BACK THEN

• Assa Rogue
  • DK (all specs)
  • Shadow Priest
  • Balance Druid
  • Hunter (all specs)
    (so far you can see it is the same list)
  • Sub Rogue
  • Combat Rogue
  • Mage (all specs)
  • Warrior (not sure about which specs, Arms had it though)

Do you finally understand ? No one cares whether you agree, it is just a number’s case. You count, and you see there were more silences before. Period. End of the discussion.

Exactly yes. Period. And that’s all that truly matters because it is when you are CC’ed that people die, it doesn’t matter what CC’ed you. The game nerfing most casted CCs in favor of more micro CCs was actually a perfect display of this. Now long casted CCs aren’t that long and are easily matched by a couple micro CCs put back to back so why struggle to land those casted CCs when you can just DB incap or whatever for the same duration and kill your target anyway, and thus we went into some PvE gamemode in which you run at the other team press everything and kill because most classes have some combination of 2 stuns 2 incaps 2 sleeps instant and on short CD and thus cannot really really be countered.

If for you sitting 6s Kidney + 8s Poly + 4s Poly + 2s Poly (20s CC) is the exact same as sitting 5s Kidney + 6s Poly + 3s Poly + 1.5s Poly (15.5s CC) then there is an issue with you, not with the game. The different between the two is almost an entire Kidney Shot, which people complain is a long time. So, the difference is a long time.

Oh, Intimidation 5s into trap 8s (13s CC) feels the same as Intimidation 3s into trap 6s (9s CC) ? 4s difference ? On a 9s CC chain ? Can’t feel it ? How about Blind 5s into Gouge 3s for a total of 8s when it used to be Blind 8s into Sap 8s for 16s CC ?

You are hopeless if you can’t feel these time difference in these examples nor understand how important they are in such a game.

forgot wlock blanket but that makes all i think.

Pummel blanket + heroic throw blanket was in a prot tree available to arms. Later in MoP it was a glyph.

I don’t think you really know that u’re talking about. On classic you miss a pummel and still silence the target for 4s. You can rotate pummel + throw until the target is immune to silence. MoP pre nerf gag order war would stop your cast 15 times in a row alone.

It’s the same forum tale each day on repeat, people complaining about stuff that if anything needs to be brough back to it’s prime.

2 Likes

Wailing arrow needs to be a silence so we hunters can have 2 silences

It’s neither. Starting to think the same about you, mind.

Figures. It was Arms, shattering throw, short silence.

lol. :man_facepalming:

Keep thinking what you like, but it’s just misinformation.

Lol what? You missed a pummel back then, then you missed it, and didn’t silence them. I honestly think you guys are just trolling now. Get a clue. Delusional.

you mean back in the day where CS from mage and lock was also a blanket silence?

Wotlk:

mage
lock
hunter
shadow
dk

i count 5 and you?

since cata

DK has like 45 or 60 cd if i remember, dispelable
SP same, dispelable
Hunter same, poison dispelable
Boomy = reroll gnome and its like they dont have the spell

and then we have assa rogue

lets silence 3 people 3 times on repeat with no cd

press garrote rupture stop attacking you and you die from air

yay

me good

just wait till everyone is 80

rogue fiesta is coming and it will be worse than ever

but yes, u are correct, blank silence is cringe

so is having 5+ cc spells of different types and instant teleportation mobility

but hey gotta make the casual’s life easier x)

1 Like

I am not the one unable to comprehend that X + Y is greater than X.

SHATTERING THROW LMAO. No. Heroic Throw & Pummel.

I think people look at “back in the day” with rose tinted glassrs. CC was way worse in Wrath.

Rogue blanket silence has a cd in that it only works from stealth and now dance doesn’t exist.

Disc should get a silence too

1 Like

I don’t think we’ll ever get the nerf we want for Rogues. The fact they can spam silence is worse of all.

Yes I know, I got the words mixed up. You had to look that up to know that, cute. “LMAO”. Pummel? Pummel has never silenced someone, only when you ACTUALLY interrupt them. So not sure why you even brought that up. “LMAO”

Pretty much nobody was stopping everything you tried to cast with just about everything they have instead of interrupting you.

Trying to play a healer now in DF was like:

Start casting heal → gouged → start casting heal → garroted → start casting heal → stunned → start casting heal → disoriented → start casting heal → stunned → get cloned → cloned → cloned → start casting heal → gouge → start casting heal → garrote → start casting heal → kidney shot → start casting heal → disoriented → start casting heal → stunned → start casting heal → blinded → start casting heal → gripped → start casting heal

bla bla

And on it went.

They need to just stop all this and put it all on the same DR and ACTUALLY FORCE PEOPLE TO HAVE TO INTERRUPT IF THEY WANT TO STOP CASTS.

2 Likes

FACTS. Didn’t have that issue back then.

Quite a few interrupts have, in fact, silenced the enemy even when they missed, in the past. Counterspell also did it, it was a talent from the Arcane tree. Kick also did it, it was a talent from the Combat tree, etc.

Just because you don’t know abiut things doesn’t mean they didn’t happen, but denying them when you don’t have a clue just makes you look like an ignorant imbecile. Google is available for you to use, so you could easily have verified the information before posting.

I feel like you’re confusing quantity with frequency and your gripe lies with Rogue rather than the other classes.

Pummel not being one of them.

It is cute that you still try to navigate around the fact that you were wrong. There were more silences before, that has been explained and proven to you by multiple people in this thread.

The. End.