Too much spell effect

https://i.imgur.com/6OVXzlB.png

Seriously, we really need a setting to reduce the spell effect of other players!! In the system settings I have Spell Density to “Essential” but still look at the screenshot… Do not even know if I am standing in melee range of the mob…

7 Likes

Agreed. I really like the ffxiv system for particle effects.

2 Likes

3 Likes

There is a new graphic setting that came with pre patch that allows you to reduce other players spell effects. Called “Spell Density” in System–>Graphics settings.

My bad should probably read the post more thoroughly, if it’s on the lowest then all I can wish is good luck.

3 Likes

yes and as I already said in my post, I have this to the lowest possible value, which is “Essential”. Still, the result is as you see on the screenshot

3 Likes

Usually I just change the settings to “range dps” always solve it.

well, those spell effects are indeed a great motivator to go with a range class…

1 Like

Yea, it doesn’t hide spells enough, I was disappointed too.

2 Likes

Start sharding them even more.
less visual and instance lag, I guess

1 Like

Lower particle as well as SSAO, maybe even depth and liquid also.

Otherwise I guess the only solution is to lower your own graphic quality :woman_shrugging:

i Would love an option for that in Wow as well, think i would enjoy beeing melee some more :slight_smile:

Imagine being a World Boss in WoW these days

" I…"

2 Likes

its the same or almost same in lowest settings which i use. this causes immense lag

1 Like

No need to imagine it, I just did Nathanos on 16 alts(6 of which were melee)

1 Like

Holy moly :open_mouth: I’m happy I got a me a new PC before all this then :woozy_face:
There really should be more options to filter out spell effects if this is the case, thinking of all the new spell visuals in SL which comes on top… its gonna be a LOT

With that said- about the lag, there has always been an issue in wow when a LOT of people are gathered at a very small place. And if the spawns happens simultaniously on all levels of sharding… I mean we saw that with WoD

1 Like

agree. i dont like playing a melee char when there are 20+ people nearby.

oversized hunter pets, demon hunters, mage casting blizzard or arcane explosion, lock rain of fire. i dont even know where i am half the time.

5 Likes

I have it set to Essential too and it hasn’t changed a damn thing lol Just another feature that doesn’t work on release.

On another note, can anyone tell me what the “fog” effects are under in the game ? I don’t know why but anytime I go to an area like that with the “fog” effect everywhere, my GPU starts making absolutely rediculous fan noise, and it never used to before all the patches and fixes in the last lot of months.

Think of the Demon Hunter class hall with all that green swirly crap everywhere, or the few spots in IC with these recents rares, where everything is surrouned in an icy fog.

1 Like

well

The major part is the spell shield from the DK. Then an azerite beam from the guy on top right, blizzard and some frostbolt from the mage, one or two shamans doing shaman stuff, a death knight with an abomination, 2 winged paladins and a shadow priest, doing shadow priest stuff.

The majority of this picture is coming from the DK shield obstructing everything and making it look like a lot’s going on but really it isn’t. 10 seconds later, and the azerite beam and the shield will be gone, so you’ll see a bunch of spells hitting the boss like normal.

But yea. Maybe an option to reduce it could be nice. Specially for PC’s that die when 30 people are fighting at once.

1 Like

Shouldnt be more than 30 people to a layer. Game can barely handle it

Too much borrowed power that needs to be communicated between server and clients.

1 Like

There is a split second where I feel sorry for the world boss, my empathy kicks him and I can almost feel his pain, being bullied and never know love, but then my lord Damage Meter demands to press harder!!!
I’m a simple man I obey.

2 Likes