Toxic community

im really not. but you are entitled to your opinion. :wink:

/w Bro! Those two there got s****y RIO kick them or i leave.

well, thats just your opinion as well.

1 Like

Must be a miracle that these kinds of things basically never happen to me… Or maybe…

Like, i found people like that maybe twice or 3 times? Some people talk about this as if it’s normal, i think it’s highly unlikely.

That’s the case in point of you not being objective. Now; don’t get me wrong; I’m NOT saying everyone is objective. What I AM saying is that there’s enough differing opinions to cancel each other out a lot of the time, which means balance. And that’s about as close as you can get to objectivity.

That’s another case in point of you not being objective.
Simply not true. You really do over generalize way too much.

Then you don’t understand messages very well.
I for instance did not say ‘players are so very nice’. I just said that my experience isn’t all negative. And it isn’t.

Sure mate. Sure. :kissing_heart:
You holding me (and others) to a stereotype is also NOT objective. It’s opinionated and maybe even biased.

2 Likes

Everyone pugging knows that you encounter those kind of player every now and then. Maybe just unlucky streak ofc

1 Like

New to the internet and online games? Are there any online games where you don’t meet toxic people?

3 Likes

I am glad for you. It never happened to me either before. Which is why it completely threw me. I really didn’t expect it. I expected the odd toxic group but not so many, or so many /w abuse. I am seriously thinking the faction may be playing a part but I dont know. As i said I know there are some lovely people on line and some trolls too.

It’s not even an online thing honestly. There’s plenty of toxic people irl too.
It’s part of human society. It’s up to every single person to filter the people out who make your life just a little bit less pleasant. :blush:

2 Likes

final fantasy, not many on eso pc community either. OFC you get some but I have never experienced anything to this degree. ugh mayb i just grew up and got old and expect people to be civil like I try to be to them if they make mistakes.

People are just awful. I say we follow Squidwards approach:

1 Like

Things certainly aren’t the way they were back in WoWs heyday when your reputation on the server actually mattered. You had the occasional clown in your groups every now and then but word would get around sooner or later.

People nowadays like to be edgy and toxic “for the lulz” and get away with it provided with the anonymity of the LFD tool and cross-realming. Some will go out of their way to annoy you, but would not lift a finger to help anyone.

I would add that modern systems present in the game now kind of encourage toxic behaviours and elitism to some extent.

With stuff like M+ and terrific visions being on timers and whatnot, mistakes can be quite punishing and costly. This appeals to the worst in people.

Not much to be done about it on our end though, just have to take breaks and have thick skin. Remind yourself that it is just a game and these people are making fools of themselves.

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear this.
I have to agree that community/people/players have generally turned a ton worse in the past few years.
I remember back in the day people were much friendlier, more open and they did care about one another.
Today, there’s a lot of ‘go go go’ mentality, people are not patient and worst of all they all have this ‘challenging’ attitude/behavior, plus careless and incredibly rude, vulgar.
Sadly, I have to say that people in general have become a ton worse. WoW did attract all kinds of elitists and ‘idiots’ back in the past, but nowadays that number is even greater.

I was fortunate never to encounter salty pugs so far, during my play on both factions…but General/Trade chat is horrid.

Either way there are definitely good people out there, though and I highly recommend sticking to the people you know and trust.
Pugs can be a mess…but there are also nice people out there you can befriend. It seems this was like a chain of horrid people that you came across :confused:

But either way, try not to let this upset you. These people have no effect in your life, they are a sad bunch hiding behind PC screen and acting the way they do cause nobody will ever know who they are.
They are no factor in your life, try to brush it off and move on. It can be hard, but none of them are worth tears or stress.

3 Likes

All jokes aside, I have to say that the community has been on the decline since 2010.
I remember when I was hunting for the Stam/Agility staff for my survival hunter, back in Cataclysm (back in the days of Hunters using melee weapons) and I was kicked from the group, for and I quote “doing too much dps.”
The real reason was that their guild mate wanted the staff and so I needed to go so he would stand a better chance of getting it.

I also have to say, those players were from the server, Kazzak. Over the years, server reputation does have a negative look on Horde players from Kazzak.

I’m not sure if the Alliance has any problems with a particular server, but here on Horde - I’ve noticed that most (not all) players with bad attitudes, come from Kazzak.

6 Likes

oh yeah, there are plenty of alliance servers with bad reps but i can agree that people from kazzak are usually…dunno, hit and miss. i ve had friendly people from that server but if i meet an extraordinarily toxic one its usually from kazzak. :laughing:

2 Likes

This is just a statistical probability for the biggest servers. I’ve met a lot of horrible people from Outland, Draenor and Silvermoon.

Not really worth generalizing though.

1 Like

that is quite the generalization… I do like anime and manga a lot, also I like Final Fantasy, but I did not touch it, because I can’t pay for 2 sub based mmo’s at once…

Sheeshj, seems you really had a run of bad luck. I also encounter people like that here and there… but not as often as you just did.

I usually just ignore and report them when I do. I don’t follow with that the attitude is game based though, just the internet/world changed over the years.

Hope, you’ll get some better luck/people on your next run.

2 Likes

As I say, not all come from Kazzak, but 9 times out of 10, those with bad attitudes do come from Kazzak and when they strike - chat becomes an episode of Big Brother.

1 Like

Im toxic to the toxic players and they report me as toxic…

I hate guys who take this game so seriously and spam toxic things in BGs when we are losing.