Toxic players - M+ Season 4

Are they though ?

For real - are they ?:slight_smile:

When you get out of your bubble you definitely find out basically everyone is trying hard on their own level.

3 Likes

I’ve ran 30-40 dungeons so far this season, never saw any toxic behaviour.

2 Likes

That’s the problem though .

A lot of people dont Play on their level.

If they would others wouldnt leave their keys so much.

Or some dont Play wow as MMORPGs are meant to be played - aka by farming all possible gear if they hit a roadblock .

For some some roadblock can be on m0 for others in m+5 for others like me in ATM m+8 for others maybe in m+15.

But everyone Has such roadblock / skill cellings.

People just dont respect them only expectvto go higher and higher infinetly

Well, to be expected after cutting away the first 10 mythic key levels and keeping +11 ↔ +20 as +2 ↔ +10 instead.

Perhaps it is time to remove the weekly lockout from M0 Blizzard and put a daily lockout on it instead!

So the players that are suffering from gatekeeping can at least grind the M0 variant.

This is par for the course, most experience toxicity.

Funny enough, just the other day, I was being told in some thread, can’t remember which, how fun M+ is, and that timers enhance the experience.

Timers make players even more toxic.

you are not running the +2-4 keys.
those are the worst keys.
rarely had fails or toxic people in m8 or above but man those people in m2 certainly trigger everyone after a while

Some part of the fault is the squishing level, but the most part is from players themselves.
Before that, the entitled people to boosts had to climb to 18s for max gear boosts. Rn they only have to climb to 8s.

If I join a key between +2 and +4 it’s already expected to carry someone(and by someone I mean usually at least 2 people), and I accept that. Things will change once I reach +8. There I expect people to at least know the basics of the game, like their rotation and the fact that there is an interrupt in their spellbook. So far I only left 2 keys (out of maybe 100 I’ve done). One with 2 dpses that were pulling 80k in ST at a +7 in tyrannical weeks (yes, the bosses were up for ~5 minutes) and one with a healer that had no idea that he actually has to heal (never passed the 100k hps mark) in a +8. Not even at third boss in HoI, and we know what that means. But I stood in a +3 with people not reaching 100k in ST and so on. It’s different at every key level.

On one side toxicity goes also for bad players who expect others to boost them in content that is no longer part of the learning curve.

Zavia-Uldum

My Alt. I have a few at those ranges. No issues at all.

And the issue of Toxic players apparently is at every key level. There have been complaints in S1, 2, 3, and now 4.

And I have played on every key level. Thats for sure. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It is the same behaviour as always. Nothing more and nothing less

I’ve found a lot of bad players this season, i made a post about it the other week. It seems like anything less than a +5 is full of bad players. Been doing mythics on my blood dk and its a struggle. Was doing +3 NO last night and no one knew tactics on first boss. To the point i was pretty much soloing the mob. I told them what to do then no one was collecting orbs on second boss. Again told them what to do then they still kept wiping on the 3rd boss, didnt stack on the whirlwinds and then died to the floor damage. I CR’d them (literally 3 CRs) for them to wipe again. I left the key. I hate leaving keys but sometimes you know it wont be timed and probably take a hour to finish the run. I had minimal issues last season with either my pally or dk.
Its still no excuse to be toxic though, i never give abuse or flame people though.

2 Likes

My shaman is now about 15 keys in this season, all in 2-4 range and i am about to see the first toxic thing. It isn’t that bad at all.

Only 1 dungeon (halls +3) not timed and that was a complete throw with the tank DC halfway the dungeon, waiting 5 minutes till he came back. On the last boss people failed a lot, including the tank by not taunting the boss after his push back, killing some dps that way. With 30% of the boss left, 3 minutes on the clock and no dps left the tank (guardian druid) decided to wipe it :joy: We had 2 battle resses and the run back is already almost 2 minutes. I am even sure with the tank and only me we still had timed it.

1 Like

I have done quite a few of those, and even more on my hunter (mostly solo pugged on the hunter to KSM), and I’ve not seen much negative behavior. Most runs were average, some dragged out, some were great.

Actually, I’ve seen the opposite. My hunter was in a +5 BH (close enough to a +4 :P) and the group wiped twice at the first boss trio. The 485 healer said, “Sorry guys, I can’t heal this yet.” People responded with “np, thanks for trying” and “It’s okay”, and the group was disbanded.

2 Likes

Let me guess : The stupid totems in the corridor up to the 2nd boss…

I dont know why they changed that. Its horrendous now.

I play a lot of alts, and try to gear them all “at once” instead of just rushing and grinding hard on one.

Done plenty of M0, M2-M5 during this weekly event. I think the only time a M0 didn’t go as planned was when someone was 432ilvl and kept dying and did no damage. Someone went “I’m not here to boost” and left mid run.
Apart from that its been pretty pleasant, even had a Uldaman run with a mage doing it for the first time, and everyone was just slowly explaining to him what to do :slight_smile:

I think season 4 dungeons are a bit harder. People need 7-10 mythic + mostly and many avoidable abilities one shot players. If someone struggles to survive in a group, there are always some people who will go bonkers.

There is no better way to get better than to fail, learn and improve.

1 Like

The most toxic interaction I’ve had this season was a ww monk tellling me to to stop spamming rain of fire on my warlock then realized his mistake and saying.

“Oh you’re demo.”

I was aff, I was shaking.

I had a punk who left after one wipe in Tyrhold Koranos he caused by not moving away and letting the pool drop on the spot. Dude is on the blacklist forever thank god he had all his alts visible on raider io.

always has been .

no for real - it always was filled with horrible people.

thing is - most people didnt notice it becausse with seaosn lasting 6 months nobody rushed and very few people pushed as hard as this season.

if you played you alts - its likely that it was like 2-3 months in when even htose bad people geared up .

and whats most improtant - they geared out ot the teeth in keys like old +8 for months.

now they refuse to accept that the place they should be for 2-3 months if new m0.

instead they look for carry in +2 or +4 and that carry will not come

like do you know how i played my alts number like 5-13 ? i did literaly 1 +8 a week for GV , then after a month i did like 1x +10 then like 1x 12 .

and only when i was geared from GV i started to push a tiny bit.